Your doing well mate. 8th early in the prem is good going but it will be hard to keep yourself their. Good Luck though. Can I ask how Camacho has played in his first few games for the club.

nice one, i started with reading about 2 games into the league i got bored lol

Your doing well mate. 8th early in the prem is good going but it will be hard to keep yourself their. Good Luck though. Can I ask how Camacho has played in his first few games for the club.

Thanks :) . I remember on 09 I started decently in the prem but home defeats knocked morale and I struggled for the rest of the season. The defeat was 7 - 0 to Spurs though, so the loss of morale was quite understandable...

Camacho has been fairly good, not really done anything to set the world on fire but has kept my midfield ticking along nicely. He showed he can score fantastic goals in the pre-season, and I hope he can get a chance to do the same in the league some time.

Please don't just spam advertise your story on my thread unless you have something you want to say about my story. Update your story often and make it interesting and followers will come; just posting this on threads won't get you anywhere.

September Report
24th September 2011 - Reading fans singing "We are top of the league"
25th September 2011 - Everton go top after their game in hand :(

An 100% record in September has left me absolutely delighted with my team, and we are second in the EPL! I don't have a screenshot as I accidentally played the first October game (somehow drawing 1 - 1 at home to 20th placed Hull in a match I dominated) before I took one. Here is how it looks atm.

View attachment 32743

I have also been subject to one or two transfer rumours throughout the month. Not too many though.

View attachment 32747

I found this guy recently (after my 4 - 3 AET win over Swansea).

View attachment 32744

September has been a good month for awards too:

View attachment 32746 View attachment 32745

My results so far in the Premier League:
View attachment 32742

My other match this month was a league cup tie with Swansea.

Spotlight Game:

LC: Reading 4 - 3 Swansea (Alvarez 4, 99, Gibbs 91, Kébé 120+1, Britton 52, Beresford 112, Beattie 119) AET:

A fantastic game of football saw Swansea hearts broken as a last gasp winner stopped the game going to penalties. Reading looked to be comfortable after a 20 yard volley from Pablo Alvarez put them ahead after 4 minutes, and were only troubled when Swansea scored an equaliser on 52 minutes. They dominated the rest of the 90 minutes, but couldn't score. Extra time began and only seconds in Arsenal loanee Kieran Gibbs scored a far post header to put the Royals back ahead. Alvarez added his second to put Reading 3 - 1 up at half time in extra time. Reading suffered a late collapse, and fans of the Swans thought that Craig Beattie's last minute strike had sent the match to penalties, only for Jimmy Kébé to score a placed shot in injury time.

Coldrick Says: I am pleased that we got the win, but disappointed at throwing away a lead twice. We had plenty of chances to put the game to bed, but didn't take them and could have paid a price. However, we are through to the fourth round and that is all that is important at the end of the day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall, I'm delighted with September. A fantastic month, and I hope that we can continue like this long enough to get enough points on the board to avoid much trouble if we do lose our form.

Surprise Package Reading Still Flying High
View attachment 33394

A poor month for the Royals as they began to show the form that was expected of them this season has seen Reading drop to 5th in the league. This is still far above where they are expected to be (predicted 16th), but a step down from second position last month.

Beginning with a home draw against Hull (1 - 1), and then a draw at West Brom (2 - 2), Reading fans anticipated a defeat was coming. It duly came as Reading were beaten at Stamford Bridge soon after. Coldrick wanted a positive response from his players, and got it with an emphatic 4 - 2 win over Wigan in the League Cup, sending them into the quarter finals away at Spurs. The Royals rounded off the month in style, beating Everton 2 - 0 with new arrival Ignacio Camacho getting his first competitive goal for the club.

After the West Brom game, Coldrick was full of complaints about the manner of West Brom's late late equaliser, which he thought to be a long way offside. However, it also looked as though Reading's first goal was just off as well, so these things even themselves out.

Reading players were pipped at the post to the two awards this month, whilst Coldrick is very popular with the board:

View attachment 33420 View attachment 33421 View attachment 33422

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I honestly have no idea how I'm managing to do so well in the league so far, on 09 when I came up as Reading I finished 17th by about a point in my first season, and didn't get above 15th all year.

I've never seen this before, ever:

United playing this team:
View attachment 33455

With this squad:
View attachment 33456

I won 2 - 1. Park scored for them. I can't believe they played such a weak team. Their strikers are both from the under 18, with stats that would be about average in BSN/BSS.

Injuries are destroying what was looking like a fantastic season. I have played the last 2 games with one fit centre-back (my 3rd choice) and now only have one fit striker, with one (N'Gog) out for about 2 months. My only good left winger (Kieran Gibbs) is out for 3 weeks. After being 3rd for most of the season, the lack of defenders (I have also had fullbacks injured at the same time) has led to us slipping to 6th place, and our hopes of Europe are fading fast.

I actually can't believe this at all :O . End of season update after the United game tonight, but for now I'll show you this :D .

View attachment 38228

Fantastic Reading Stun Pundits
View attachment 38341

Reading manager Adam Coldrick today rounded off a truly amazing season with a good 1 - 1 draw at Anfield. This result combined with an emphatic win for Aston Villa elsewhere meant that the Royals finished 4th in the Premier League in their first season after promotion. This stunning achievement gives them a chance to compete in the biggest competition in European club football, the UEFA Champions League. In the process to this fantastic finishing position in the EPL, the Royals held 3rd position for most of the season before injuries to key players threatened to ruin a brilliant season so far. Pundits and bookies expected Reading to spend the season struggling against relegation, not challenging for the title a lot of the way, and finishing in a Champions League spot. Pre-season bookies priced the Royals at 2000 - 1 for the title, and there will have been nervous moments for them during the course of this almost perfect start to life in the Premier League.

View attachment 38342

Reading fans attribute this success to mainly a team effort all season long, but reserved special praise for £2.8million summer signing Diego Benaglio. The Swiss international 'keeper was voted into the EPL Player's Team of the Year, and his brilliant displays have ensured that Reading came 4th in the table for least goals conceded, and also that Benaglio himself achieved both the highest average rating for the season (7.52), and also the greatest number of MotM awards (11).

View attachment 38343 View attachment 38345 View attachment 38346

However, the fact that Reading's highest scorer in the league Davide Succi came 19th in the scoring charts after only managing 12 league goals all season highlights the fact that Reading need a top quality striker if they are to compete next year. Defensive cover is also likely to be high on Coldrick's shopping list this summer after the injury and suspension crisis that caused midfielder James Harper to spend a few games playing in the centre of defence, partnering 3rd choice centre back Matt Mills. A serious injury to David N'Gog served to mean less goals were being scored, but youngster Pablo Alvarez stood in fantastically when Davide Succi was also sidelined, scoring some great goals, the best being a brilliant individual effort after he beat two players before smashing it into the bottom corner from 20 yards out. He managed to keep Succi out of the team for a while, but overall the Royals looked short of real quality up front for a lot of the season. The other part of the team Coldrick is likely to be desperately hoping to strengthen will be the wings, as Jay Tabb and James Henry showed they don't quite have the quality needed to be successful at the top level.

Results:
(following from September Update)

EPL
View attachment 38348
View attachment 38347

League Cup

View attachment 38350

FA Cup

View attachment 38351

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am overjoyed with this season. However, I am hoping for a good transfer budget so I can get a top striker in, along with a quality winger. James Rodriquez is joining in July to replace Gibbs on the left, and to provide cover for Shelvey in the AMC position since Brian Howard is on his way out after I decided not to renew his contract.

I want cover in defence and another winger to provide cover and also challenge Kebe for a starting slot. I am manager of Ivory Coast as well, so maybe I can get Lacina Traore in to help get goals, or maybe Kalou for the wings as he has proven good on international duty.

Mid-Season update later tonight or tomorrow morning :) . It will include details of how I am annoyed at not playing Champions League football even though I qualified.

What?! Why has this thread stopped? You were doing brilliantly! Start it up again? :) Should have some followers to this great story!

Yeah, keep going.
In all this clutter of half-assed attempts to make a story and loosing interest or "corrupted save games ha ha", this nicely written thread is a breath of fresh air.
Doing well, so keep it up