real madrid & man city r they making pure arses of themselves?

kevdo

Reaction score
with all the money that man city n real madrid r chuckin about wats the chances they're gonna fall flat on they're faces? in citys case,i mean its hard enuf in fm 2 by shitloads of players n get them all 2 gel quickly enuf to challenge for major honours bt irl? who r they tryn 2 kid? and madrid? where the **** r they gettn all the cash from? they're jst nt goin to giv youngsters a chance buying up all the worlds best,2 many egos and individuals will make them implode! am i the only 1 who thinks this or is there anyone else on my wavelength?

Well... I doubt Mardid will fall flat on their faces... Very very good team. They get the money because they can afford it, they borrow from local banks at great rates because everyone knows they are good for it.

Man City will probably need time to gel... what else do you expect? If they have that kind of money and ambition, they need the players.

This 'not giving youth a chance' view that a lot of people take is not relevant. They are in the business of trying to be the biggest clubs in the world, they can afford to let others bring youth players on.

As for spending too much money. Too much according to whom? They can afford it. Its never been a case of missing out on other signings because they have spent too much money on someone else. If they can afford it and thats what it cost to get the players they want, what is the problem? (and other clubs get the money in the end after all....)

most people agree with your view they will fail. city might be a force in a few years but not now. madrid have tried this before and it didn't work out too well so it could well fail again.

madrid have tried this before and it didn't work out too well so it could well fail again.

Yea that team of Zidane, Makelele, Figo, Raul, Morientes, Roberto Carlos, Casillas, Ronaldo was terrible alright. They won nothing ^^)

They tried to replace them unsuccessfully a few years ago but their signings now are a lot better than Robben, Van Huntelaar, Schneider, Owen etc. These are young talent that Real are hoping will gel into a team. Kaka, Cristiano Ronaldo, Benzema arent exactly ancient. Give the idea a chance.

They are going to be annoying when FM 2010 comes out i know that,stand by for hundreds of pointless threads about managing these two sides.Who should i buy,who should i sell,what formation should i use,what tactics should i use,and son and so on.

They are going to be annoying when FM 2010 comes out i know that,stand by for hundreds of pointless threads about managing these two sides.Who should i buy,who should i sell,what formation should i use,what tactics should i use,and son and so on.

Well, to be fair, it is facinating... Complete fatasy football...

I think it will actually be funny to see inexperienced FM players go for the "easy" option of Real Madrid and get frustrated by not living up to the players ratings. They still have to not concede and a league with Eto, Messi, Villa, Silva, Henry as well as teams like Atletico, Sevilla should make it interesting for inexperienced players looking for an easy ride.

---------- Post added at 02:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 AM ----------

Actually I have just done something similar with my own team. Im Spurs in 2032 been managing them for 3 seasons and won my first title with them. They now have a lot of cash and an average squad age of 33. I spend £110 million on new stars this season and have really created a Galactico team. I will let you know how my first experience of a "star" team goes.

Average age of 33 ? they must be walking around the pitch. On this game i prefer youth and pace, pace beats all.

when madrid were the galacticos didn't rafa and valencia gatecrash the title on a few occasions? even a massive team like barca didn need 2 spend a lot of £ 2 win the title,they didn't pay stupid,inflated transfer prices,25 mil for overmars is their record signing,not an extravagent amount for a team of that stature surely?

the point i'm making with madrid is they had a good team a few years back with capello in charge(his 2nd stint) he won them the league without any major superstar signings,no figo,no ronaldo and no zidane all of whom had either left,retired or jst got fat,lazy and couldn't get off the treatment table! and they still weren't happy? so are madrid wanting 2 win titles and trophys or are they jst in it for the money? seems like money 2 me they jst keep bangin on about how much merchandising money they'll make from ronaldo,kaka,benzema etc,etc.

Last edited:
when madrid were the galacticos didn't rafa and valencia gatecrash the title on a few occasions? even a massive team like barca didn need 2 spend a lot of £ 2 win the title,they didn't pay stupid,inflated transfer prices,25 mil for overmars is their record signing,not an extravagent amount for a team of that stature surely?

the point i'm making with madrid is they had a good team a few years back with capello in charge(his 2nd stint) he won them the league without any major superstar signings,no figo,no ronaldo and no zidane all of whom had either left,retired or jst got fat,lazy and couldn't get off the treatment table! and they still weren't happy? so are madrid wanting 2 win titles and trophys or are they jst in it for the money? seems like money 2 me they jst keep bangin on about how much merchandising money they'll make from ronaldo,kaka,benzema etc,etc.

Well, they did try to compete with madrid for a couple of years and spend big money, 25mil for overmars was an utter waste of money... Anyway, didnt they get Daniel Alves for slightly over that? (and he is one of the main reasons they won the title this year...

Real madrid did have a decent team under Capelo, but a dull one. I like the fact they have gone out of their way to revamp the team. The entire point of Madrid as a club is to have the best players in the world playing some of the most exciting football in the world.

And arguably its lack of european success that has caused such a revamp

First, would it be fairer if Real Madrid forced the teams to lose their players for not half of what they wanted?. Or that Real Madrid, having the money weren't allowed to get new players because someone doesn't like them or the amount?.

Real Madrid can spend a lot because they have now a serious president who inspires more trust that the previous one, currently ongoing a few trials for cheating in his election and some other serious irregularities (that if it wasn't because he did for his pure personal profit without any use by the club, could have ended with Real Madrid demoted to Second B division). The current one, Pérez, is the president of the biggest construction company and perhaps the richest man in Spain. So the trust that he can return the loans is big (though there are other considerations, that if true would mean not bash Real Madrid, but shoot the bankers).

Second: Real Madrid won the ninth ECC and someleagues with their superstars. I think Beckham missed the ECC but he was in the team when Capello won the league. It's just people were hoping with that team Real Madrid should have won much more. Perhaps Del Bosque's fault? Or people looks at it as the newbs look to Man City ;)?. Certainly much was because there was lack of motivation and discipline got very lax.

Third, is about Ronaldo and shows what kind of idiot was the corrupt Calderón. He's not been bought by €96M because Florentino Pérez's team wanted to. It was because past year Calderón's team had signed and agreement that Ronaldo would join Real Madrid for that amount, and were any part break it, said part would have to pay the other €30M, so Pérez found that either he paid €96M and get Ronaldo, or pay €30M to ManU and get nothing. Absolutely retarded move by Calderón.

As for others, Kaka may be kind of a "kick Calderón in the nuts, he couldn't bring him in three years, I did in two days". Then he went for Villa, but some idiotic attitudes by the team's representative (apparently they had a verbal agreement already, which in Spain is as good as signed papers, problem is they surely don't have witnesses that would stand by it before a judge to make it stand for good), for all I know, broke an agreement that have been reached because he hates Real Madrid, so he moved for Benzemá instead of paying almost double for Villa.

Then Alonso, but Benítez doubled the price from past year, showed some highly hypocritical remarks that kind of confirm some saying it's he's ressentful from his pass through Real Madrid B, and Real's unwilling to pay that much as it looks so far. So in the end he's not really paying whatever they ask, but trying to negotiate the best prices and moving to different players if agreement isn't reached.

However, coach says he needs a left fullback and a defensive midfielder and seems they're not buying anyone more yet. There's the Ribery matter, ugh.

Not offloading all the players they need to offload isn't being easy. Likely for the timing of the buys, but the Ronaldo's buy timing was forced by Calderón's contract. And the new signings seem will depend upon that.

**** Calderón.

I foresee a Real Madrid with a forward that terrifies their adversaries but a defense that terrifies themselves.

Average age of 33 ? they must be walking around the pitch. On this game i prefer youth and pace, pace beats all.

Im usually the same. But these were my players and It was easier for me to build a tactic around whats there. Big pitch, no closing down, slow tempo and we pass the other teams into the ground. Very technically astute and good at corners, they just lack pace.

I am a few games in with my new Galactico bought team. Won the Community Shield and won 2 of my 1st 3 Premiership games. Should be an interesting transformation.

Man City will have like 9 strikers if Adebayor joins lol

the team which del bousque had was unbeatable
they won everything
I think they need to get a better DM and LB

Man City have an awful defence except bridge+ Richards(if he gets back to his best)
Because the top 4 are getting worse it gives city a slightly better chance

I started a game with man city there, and bought srna and agger each for 14m. Aguero for 49 M and the russian winger that chelsea got for 15 M. To me if man city where to of bought these players in real life. There team would of been able to challenge next season! Buying 10 strikers isnt going to stop goals going in. I think they seem to be going a bit overboard buyin strikers, considering they will probally play 2 each match????

del bosque got the sack after winning them the ECC bt we all know that the hiring and firing of managers is slightly more erratic in mainland europe than in britain,although chelsea seem to be bucking the trend? bt it jst seems as if madrid are never happy no matter what managers in charge,hopefully the change of president wil bring stability to one of the worlds greatest clubs,n just for the record am nt madrid bashing jst wantin to know why one of my favourite teams on the planet keep self desructing?
as for city i know all their fans are loving this bt if they don't gel quickly what r the chances of hughes gettn sacked b4 xmas? u can't play with 6 up front,they really need to address the situation at the back?

we all know that the hiring and firing of managers is slightly more erratic in mainland europe than in britain

Are you joking? How many managers in the football league can you name that have been 6 years in their current job? Ill bet you couldnt name more than 3 or 4. Wenger, Ferguson? Who else?

Yea that team of Zidane, Makelele, Figo, Raul, Morientes, Roberto Carlos, Casillas, Ronaldo was terrible alright. They won nothing ^^)

They tried to replace them unsuccessfully a few years ago but their signings now are a lot better than Robben, Van Huntelaar, Schneider, Owen etc. These are young talent that Real are hoping will gel into a team. Kaka, Cristiano Ronaldo, Benzema arent exactly ancient. Give the idea a chance.
they won two\three major trophies in five years not winning anything in the last three. BIG success.

Oh, note on reading Kevdo: I haven't seen bashing, the phrase i use is not meant as to say someone has done it, but that there's a certain point about the loans that if is wrong is fault of the bank for giving it, not the club for asking.

(Also some times my limitations with english make me come harsher than real)