Real midfielder De la Red retires due to heart problem

Rated him as well, sad news. As much as I don't like Real, I'm sure they would of fully backed him but sad news.

Update - Just read the bit about him becoming a Youth Coach at Real, pleased :)

Last edited:
unlucky for him, was a quality player from what i have seen of him

He was a jolly good player, I liked him a lot, a crying shame. Hope he takes up coaching or the like.

He was a good player as well. Wish him all the best.

Terrible news for the lad. Thank god he's been given the coaching role considering the fact Madrid tried to declare his heart problem to be a 'common condition' so they could nullify his contract which would have left him with a significantly smaller disability check.

Last edited:
Bad news. The worst thing is how he put a lot trying to get back into his football, and then you hear stories about Cassano who's a complete tool and doesn't care about his career.

That's a big shame, but it's the right decision. I wish him all the best.

fantastic player but i guess the game aint worth risking your life for :'(

Thats teribble and I can see him being a coach and turning into a cloughesque person

Huge shame for the lad, but he made the right choice. heart attacks in Spain are a massive problem at the moment and i know scientists etc are trying to find out why it happens in Spain so much.

A shame. He couldn't take any risks though considering his condition.

very unlucky for him. he has been very underrated by many people I think.

Very good player just never reached his full potential

Wish him all the best in the future

Shame, really :/ Was a great player :(

Sad, very sad, a very very consistent player, and he'd have fitted well into Real. Nice to see that he's been offered the coaching job, the same happened with Sam Hutchinson at Chelsea

Hugely talented player. Wish him well for the future