Recommendation for a tactic where strikers actually score

• Thread starter Thread starter klemme
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 10K

klemme

Reaction score
Hi all you tactical geniusses out there!

I have tried a lot of tactics posted on this site and many have been very successful with my slightly rebuilded Liverpool side. Right now I am sitting first with all wins after 10 games. So what is he complaining about, right?

Well, nearly all of the tactics I have tried with my team the strikers only score every third game! Plenty of goals from midfield and wingbacks/wingers. I must mention that I have Suarez and Diego Costa in my team!

Therefore I would really like a tactic where the following is true:

1. a tactic where strikers actually scores the majority of the goals
2. a 2-striker tactic
3. not a 4-4-2 but a tactic with wingers or wingbacks.

Can anyone help me out and recommend one?

I have tried JP's Blitz tactic (overload), v4 Near Perfect 4231 by andrichbrand, Danilo (all the variations!), Steatons Total Annihilation v2, Locksmith, Arturo

I know the feeling. I use a narrow 4231 and my striker never scores - I always look for either a creative striker with good passing and playmaker-esque attributes or a tall strong target man, but this is only ever to help unsettle the opposition defence and allow my AMCs to do the actual scoring. I see it as a bonus when he does score because then he starts playing better overall and helps my attackers even more.

Of course, I'm not using 2 strikers, or wingers/WBs, so Im not really trying for this as much as you, but I still feel I can relate, so at the least, here's a free bump. :)

i try a 4-1-2-3 whit one def mid 2 central and 3 strikers as central u can have it

View attachment 373765 View attachment 373764 View attachment 373763 View attachment 373762

3-5-2 with:

- Ball Playing Defender_Cover between 2 x Central Defender_Defend
- Flat five in midfield, from left-to-right: WM_S; DLP_S; AP_A; BWM_D; WM_S
- Two upfront: F9_S; AF_A

Play CONTROL and BALANCED. See attachments for Team Instructions.

Best if the Advanced Playmaker is fast and good at dribbling. The Advanced Forward should play from the same side as his stronger foot (left-footers on the left, right-footers on the right) to enable him to exploit the corresponding inside channel.

Centre-backs tend to position themselves wider the further up the field they go, so defending the wings is not so problematic, but against better teams or those with a good No.10 you can get caught out in the defensive channels. Good for beating poorer teams.

Hi all you tactical geniusses out there!

I have tried a lot of tactics posted on this site and many have been very successful with my slightly rebuilded Liverpool side. Right now I am sitting first with all wins after 10 games. So what is he complaining about, right?

Well, nearly all of the tactics I have tried with my team the strikers only score every third game! Plenty of goals from midfield and wingbacks/wingers. I must mention that I have Suarez and Diego Costa in my team!

Therefore I would really like a tactic where the following is true:

1. a tactic where strikers actually scores the majority of the goals
2. a 2-striker tactic
3. not a 4-4-2 but a tactic with wingers or wingbacks.

Can anyone help me out and recommend one?

I have tried JP's Blitz tactic (overload), v4 Near Perfect 4231 by andrichbrand, Danilo (all the variations!), Steatons Total Annihilation v2, Locksmith, Arturo

I've got a 4-2-2-2(4-2-2 with wingers in the AMR/L) and a 4-2-3-1 which I rotate depending on opposition, Strikers are main scorers with midfielders chipping with goals too. Van Persie scored 33 in 33 last season in the league itself and 40-45 in all competitions with the second striker scoring around 20 or so.

Here's my tactic thread - http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...an7-manchester-united-tactic-14-3-0-a-12.html

Thank you rocheyb and chapman7! I will try both your suggestions and report back!

View attachment 373449

I play 3412 though my personal tactic is unpublished. You say you have 2 top strikers and you want them to score, maybe you'll have similar results to me. My main striker is absolutely superb and scored 50 goals in 43 starts and 1 sub appearance in the season I just completed. My other main striker scored 34 in 34 starts and 2 sub appearances. If you want I can send it to you.

I think iv asksd u b4 so forgive if i hav, are u xennon that made the great tactics for fm11?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

It looks like a tactic I would like to try. Could you send it to me, XeNoNF50?

Last edited:
Yeah that's me. I've generally stopped though because I can't be bothered with posting and updating and been busy with university work too.

Here it is anyway: Download XeNoN's 3412 v01000.tac from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Absolutely amazing tactic! And you're right the strikers ( and the whole team) turn into beasts. Just one question.

Do you change anything away to the bigger teams? I am Newcastle and have been ripping everyone to shreds then boom away to Man U and they beat me 8-0 haha.

Was wondering if you changed to Counter or anything or maybe a slightly different formation? Thanks again for posting this tactic cos mate its utterly amazing. Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Absolutely amazing tactic! And you're right the strikers ( and the whole team) turn into beasts. Just one question.

Do you change anything away to the bigger teams? I am Newcastle and have been ripping everyone to shreds then boom away to Man U and they beat me 8-0 haha.

Was wondering if you changed to Counter or anything or maybe a slightly different formation? Thanks again for posting this tactic cos mate its utterly amazing. Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks! Glad you're having success but yeah that is sadly a down side, I believe that we're quite vulnerable from wide. Is that where the goals came from? I've been working at changing combinations in defense, mine has changed from the one you're using now. I have excellent defenders and a goalkeeper so not much of a problem for me but I see that I end up using them more often than I'd like. I'm working on improving that aspect though. What I do for the San Marino national team is drop my two central midfielders to defensive midfield (same role) and the attacking midfielder to central midfield (with same role) and set mentality to counter. It is something I only recently started doing over my last 2 internationals in the game and I won 3-0 and 4-1 against teams about as good as mine. Obviously 2 games doesn't say anything about any long term consistency but I managed to score a decent amount of goals and conceded only a cheap goal by a mis-timed tackle from a defender.

What team are you playing with by the way?

Last edited:
Thanks! Glad you're having success but yeah that is sadly a down side, I believe that we're quite vulnerable from wide. Is that where the goals came from? I've been working at changing combinations in defense, mine has changed from the one you're using now. I have excellent defenders and a goalkeeper so not much of a problem for me but I see that I end up using them more often than I'd like. I'm working on improving that aspect though. What I do for the San Marino national team is drop my two central midfielders to defensive midfield (same role) and the attacking midfielder to central midfield (with same role) and set mentality to counter. It is something I only recently started doing over my last 2 internationals in the game and I won 3-0 and 4-1 against teams about as good as mine. Obviously 2 games doesn't say anything about any long term consistency but I managed to score a decent amount of goals and conceded only a cheap goal by a mis-timed tackle from a defender.

Cheers for the reply mate! Im using Newcastle United and Dejong and remy have been unstoppable upfront! I will give your little counter tweak a try and keep you informed mate

Sorry about that quick reply the Mrs was going off her nut. But yehh when im playing away I seem to get ripped apart from the wide areas. At home I don't seem to have this problem due to the attacking force of the tactic. Just finished my season so in the middle of buying some new players, number one on the agenda being a nice solid CB to play with Balanta and Mbwia.

So I will keep in contact and let you know how things are going mate.

Sorry about that quick reply the Mrs was going off her nut. But yehh when im playing away I seem to get ripped apart from the wide areas. At home I don't seem to have this problem due to the attacking force of the tactic. Just finished my season so in the middle of buying some new players, number one on the agenda being a nice solid CB to play with Balanta and Mbwia.

So I will keep in contact and let you know how things are going mate.

If I'm honest the best way to defend would probably be to introduce wing backs. I only made the tactic because I wanted to see how it would be like after I saw Louis Van Gaal's Holland are going to be playing this way. They play with 2 wing backs though but in my San Marino team I have no wing backs and I had very good left/right midfield instructions so I used them instead. I found it interesting how much freedom Sneijder got at AMC with 2 forwards Van Persie and Robben having all the freedom they want to just attack. Instead of having 1 gripper and a deep lying, I decided to just have 2 deep lyings, possibly because I dnn't have a gripper in my squad. It worked too well the tactic but left me defensively suspect. I would suggest move the two left and right midfielders to wing back position and see how that goes? Like I said the onus on defending is on the centre backs far too much but if you can make some balanced instructions for your wing backs that could be a nice avenue to have an effective tactic. They don't contribute too much to attacking play, they play through balls up to forwards, sometimes crosses, simple passes to midfield and runs forward a good few times. If you can make it do that whilst moving their defensive position back then you should be alright I suppose.

EDIT: The game after I wrote this both my wide midfielders scored 2 goals in a 7-0 mauling of Roma...

View attachment 372502View attachment 372501

Their clear cut chance a shot from a cross which was blocked by my defender, but again, crosses the weak point.

Last edited:
Back