Recommendation for a tactic where strikers actually score

• Thread starter Thread starter klemme
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 10K
If I'm honest the best way to defend would probably be to introduce wing backs. I only made the tactic because I wanted to see how it would be like after I saw Louis Van Gaal's Holland are going to be playing this way. They play with 2 wing backs though but in my San Marino team I have no wing backs and I had very good left/right midfield instructions so I used them instead. I found it interesting how much freedom Sneijder got at AMC with 2 forwards Van Persie and Robben having all the freedom they want to just attack. Instead of having 1 gripper and a deep lying, I decided to just have 2 deep lyings, possibly because I dnn't have a gripper in my squad. It worked too well the tactic but left me defensively suspect. I would suggest move the two left and right midfielders to wing back position and see how that goes? Like I said the onus on defending is on the centre backs far too much but if you can make some balanced instructions for your wing backs that could be a nice avenue to have an effective tactic. They don't contribute too much to attacking play, they play through balls up to forwards, sometimes crosses, simple passes to midfield and runs forward a good few times. If you can make it do that whilst moving their defensive position back then you should be alright I suppose.

EDIT: The game after I wrote this both my wide midfielders scored 2 goals in a 7-0 mauling of Roma...

View attachment 606346View attachment 606347

Their clear cut chance a shot from a cross which was blocked by my defender, but again, crosses the weak point.

Hahaa thats just typical FM, contemplate changing the tactic a little and all of a sudden the players you were going to change go and mess things up for you. I took your advice for the counter and moved all the central midfielders deeper but kept the instructions the same, due to work I haven't yet tried it out but as soon as I do I will post some SS and let you know how the team played.

As i said before its only the away games so if this doesn't work I will try changing them to wingbacks and see how I get on and will let you know as well.

Cheers again mate

should be fairly simple to create...what kind of style are you looking for? Possession, counter, attack?

should be fairly simple to create...what kind of style are you looking for? Possession, counter, attack?

Looking for a good possession biased tactic that will let my strikers score, any help would be a god send

Back