Record Goalscorers - Beating Shearer's record

When I start a new save I think I'll try and get a real, young player and play him every game. (I usually rotate a lot).

Which strikers in the game develop the best?
Munir for 10.25m is a good bet to start. He develops quickly to his peak. Scored 15, 15, and then 39 goals for me. I got him in season 2. If you get him in season 1, you're well on your way to breaking some records as long as he can stay healthy and luckily he is not injury prone unlike sturridge. Plus if you are playing with this aim you will likely give him more first team starts in the beginning than I did.

Patrick Roberts could do it on my save, but he won't because I've stopped playing him as a striker, he now plays AMC.

He had 141 goals in 267 games until I switched him to AMC last season, he now has 148 in 294.

He would have easily beaten it if I had tweaked his role and played him as a striker.

I think I will achieve it with Rooney, in my first 2 seasons he scored about 60-70 goals. Starting season 3 when im home from work, I will get some screen shots to see exactly how many goals he has, must be close - another 30+ season or so might make it.

Messi has > 260 LA Liga goals IRL doens't he, so should be easy to get him to break that on FM. And then smash it into smitherines by the time he retires?

Munir for 10.25m is a good bet to start. He develops quickly to his peak. Scored 15, 15, and then 39 goals for me. I got him in season 2. If you get him in season 1, you're well on your way to breaking some records as long as he can stay healthy and luckily he is not injury prone unlike sturridge. Plus if you are playing with this aim you will likely give him more first team starts in the beginning than I did.

Munir for £10m!?!?!? How? :-o

James Wilson may have an outside chance of breaking it for me, he's breaking into my first team and I plan on making him my main striker this season.

EDIT - Just had Hernandez injured on international duty for 3 months so Wilson will be starting the season, so we'll see how it goes.

I had a Newcastle regen do it in FM13, he has 300 Premier League goals by 30. Another, younger Newcastle regen could have done it but the prior was forcing him out onto the wing.

Just started the 19/20 season with Barcelona and Messi already has 346 league goals, despite only scoring 18-20 goals in the first 5 seasons. Hoping with me as manager he can push on to 500 by the time he retires (he's 32 atm).

Using SATOROX's tactic.

I have sturridge on 199 in my third season. He is 28. I just hope his injuries dont screw things over. I am on course in this FM to easily get him another 200 goals more.

Sturridge now on 240.

SATOROX's tactic.

I am so close!

Posting from my phone so I don't have a screenie but in my Southampton save I signed Divok Origi from Liverpool, 2 seasons in a row he has finished top goal scorer with 40+ goals each season, and he's only 21! Absolute beast as an AF. Definitely on track to claim shearer's record.

i have bojan for stoke 5 seasons in closing in on 100 goals witch im happy about