Recurring Purchases

Redders

Get in the Van.
Reaction score
Which players do you always seem to buy when you start a new game on FM?

There's always some players where it doesn't matter which cub you are - maybe out of the top 4/5 - where you will always buy them.

I'm normally clubs like Boro or Championship clubs (Hull).

I normally buy/look at buying/try to buy;

Vincent Enyeama (Everyone knows about him) - Great GK.

Tommy Spurr - DLC - Quite good for Championship Side.
Danny Simpson - RB for Hull, did ok.

Herold Goulon - Loan for Championship or below.
Rocco Quinn - just noticed him and always try to buy when in Champ now.

Gabriel Torje - AMRL/ST i think, good youngster.

Mika Aaritalo - Good for most prem clubs - awesome for Championship clubs.

Tamas Priskin -Good for Champ.

--

So who do you always end up going back to?

Nop I don't have any on FM 2008. Everytime I've played I've been a completely different team and none of them really have the same transfer targets.

never really go for the same players over and over.

erm theres a few youngsters off that promising youngsters shortlist that was kickin around here that i look at but try not to go for the same players all the time as it gets boring quickly

I find in terms of big teams the same players usually move.

Mutu, Montolivio-****
Pandev-Lpool usually
Diego-Chelsea

Thats all I can remember atm but theres defiently more :p

Priskin like you said. A few scots like David Clarkson for instance. Can't remember any others, but I know there's a few more.

For me I always try to get Sergio Aguerro, Ben Arfa, and Pablo Aimar. :D I never seem to buy the same striker all the time though, I like to try out all the awesome guys.

I do look for the same players. Several were already at high profile clubs and unrealistic targets. Some were not in my large database at all like JM Murillo, PC Skeilbred, DF Holm. Sergio Ortega and Sergey Petrov and some like Oswaldo Chaurrant rejected any contracts. I tracked Loic Nestor and Oumar Sissoko for my Gunnilse game but when I had got the club into a position of capability to sign them, they had gone well out of my wage and price ranges.

Lauri Dalla Valle :D

anyone Romania for me basically.

Dalla Valles at Liverpool after the patch boozad :(

Im pretty new to this forum but i have played FM 08 since it came out :)
My favourite team is Liverpool, but i rarely play them.
I usually play Skeid or Rosenborg.

Right now im playing with Rosenborg

Here is my list of awsome purchases:
Patrik Lomski - Offensive left/right can also play Forward. He just scores alot. His stats increased alot after i got him on my team with the right training.
Logan Bailly - Awsome Keeper Especially in Champions league.
Yegor Filipenko - Well i used him as a defensive mid. Whenever i face good teams. Well rounded player could also play defence
Faton Hoti - Offensive mid has a great shot and usually scores in every match.
Martial Yao - This guy can play anything on the left side. He is very fast and an excelent player. Never stops runing.
Tomas Necid - Forward very good scores alot of goals in tight spots.
Håvard Nordtveit - This guy is always on the field for me, good in the air and he runs alot. He is usually somwhere central from the midfield and back
As for Mika Ääritalo - he is just a superb player good with the ball and can do pretty much anything alone.

Also Mika Ääritalo but he is allready mentioned :)
All very cheap and awsome players :D

Edited added some info on each player.

Last edited:
Nordtveit is a very good signing, usually good enough after 2-3 seaons to be a regular at most EPL clubs and then 6ish seasons in hes good enough for anyone

Håvard Nordtveit

I have him with my Liverpool team, he's my 4th choice at the moment but he's awesome. Never heard of the other players you've mentioned though.

I have him with my Liverpool team, he's my 4th choice at the moment but he's awesome. Never heard of the other players you've mentioned though.
They are awsome and cheap.
I have some other stars also but they aint that cheap :)
Thiago Neves - This guy is good almost anywhere from midfield and up.
Dejan Milovanovic -this guy scores alot of goals on free kicks. One of the main reasons i won the Champions League last year im now in year 2010 :)
Federico Laurito - Young Italien scoring machine
Guilherme - Young Keeper and awsome at his job.

I thought i should give them a few lines of info :)

Martial Yao is pretty good, never signed him though.

Logan Baillys pretty decent but again never signed him.

Thiago Neves pwnz, got him for free with Everton and he got signing of the season, hes also my first choice AMC in 2015 for Brazil

I have had Lomski before, haven't found him on any games since. Was decent for me as LW in the championship.