9Batistuta

Reaction score
RED BULL 4-2-4

This tactic is based on the RB LEIPZIG tactic used by Ralph Hasenhuttl and Ralph Ragnick. I analyzed the RBL team and these two coaches, to create a succesful tactic.

View attachment 24849

Defenders
Al players posses a tremendous amount of pace! Klosterman, Orban, Upamecano, Halstenberg all have pace between 14 and 19.

Central midfielders
Demme, Laimer, Ilsanker and Kampl are ball winning midfielders or box-to-box players. There is Always a combination of a more defensive BWM and a BBM who plays higher up the pitch and makes forward runs.

Inside forwards
The two inside forwards are Bruma, Sabitzer are fast wingers and Forsberg and Kampl are more technical inside forwards.

Forwards
Werner, Poulsen en Augustin are very fast attackers, pace is everything! One of them drops to midfield when in the team defends, to create a 4-4-1-1 formation.

RB LEIPZIG PHILOSOPHY:
  • 4-2-4 FORMATION
  • SHORT ATTACKING PLAY FROM THE BACK
  • HIGH TEMPO
  • FAST COUNTER-ATTACKS
  • HIGH PRESSING
  • INTENSE PRESSING
  • AGRESSIVE
  • OFF-SIDETRAP
  • ENERGETIC PLAYERS
  • PLAYERS WITH HIGH PACE AND ACCELERATION
Testing
I tested it a few games with Arsenal and destroyed most teams. So I started a save with Aston Villa and left this club after two seasons, when I took charge at Everton. After two seasons at Everton I was appointed as the new manager of Manchester United.

Aston Villa

The Villans
destroyed the Championship and the following season we ended up in 7th place in the PL.
View attachment 1192096View attachment 1192097

Everton
In my first season at Everton I we finished 5t in the PL. After this I decided to build a younger squad that could challenge for the title. I never expected to win it in my second season, but there was no stopping the 'goalmachine' that was Everton.
View attachment 1192098View attachment 1192099View attachment 1192100

Assistant manager
Handle Team Talks, Tactical Briefings, Opposition Instructions (make sure he has a high stat for tactical)

Training (team)
Assistant manager

Training (individual)

GK: Goalkeeper-defend
DC: Ball playing defender-defend (individual Quickness)
DL/DR: Complete wingback-attack
BWM: Ball winning midfielder-defend
BB: Box-to-box midfielder-support
IF: Inside forward-attack
AF: Advanced forward-attack
CF: Complete forward-attack

Corners (thanks to TFF)
AML or AMR

Throw inn (thanks to TFF)
DL on the left and DR on the right

Tactic download
View attachment 1192101

Last edited:
XD

Strange…. They work when I try them! I'm not sure what to do now...

I love the idea of this style of play, Reminds me of Arsenal early in Wengers days when we'd go from front to back in about 3 passes and usually score (God they were good times).

I've only used this for 45 min so far but what a 45 min it was.. Was losing 1-0 half time to Watford in the league cup. Plugged this in so I could hit them on the break and it worked a dream!

View attachment 24563

View attachment 24564

Im absolutely broke and in the red but once I'm able to get some players in that fit the bill with a bit of pace etc I'll be switching to this full-time. Until then it'll be used sparingly against bigger teams or when I'm chasing a goal / getting dominated.

I recommend you use it all the time, with every team;) I have difficulty winning away to the big teams (even when I'm clearly the better team), but besides that Red Bull 4-2-4 always delivers(H) Enjoy it Jonesy:D

would someone post a link to the tacic or this needs deleting because hes not sticking to the rules of this site

Season 1
Aston Villa Championship Position 1st

Season 2
Aston Villa Premier League Position 7th

Season 3
Everton Premier League Position 5th

Season 4
Everton Premier League Position 1st

Season 5
Man Utd Premier League Position 1st

View attachment 24499