Red Ring of Death

Whittnam87

Reaction score
I've heard these are bad for your xbox... although I have 4 red lights flashing rather than the 3 and 1 green that i keep getting up on google when I try to find out what caused it and if there's a way to fixit... anyone got any ideas?

It down to 3 flashing lights now, gonna follw the instructions on how to remove harddrive and repair etc. was playing Saints Row 2 when it froze, never been same since : (

if your xbox is less than 3 years old and not been opened then microsoft will replace if its the rrod 3 ring heat problem conntact them with the details on the back of the machine then they will advise m8

Yea, same thing happened to me. Like the above poster said Microsoft sort it for free but you will be xboxless for a few weeks :p

I've had it nearly a year now but my mate i bought it off had it since it came out, gonna invest in an 360 Elite pay day, always wanted one, cheers anyways

u can sell the broken 1 on ebay i got £40 for mine **** but paid for gta4 at the time!

I've had it nearly a year now but my mate i bought it off had it since it came out, gonna invest in an 360 Elite pay day, always wanted one, cheers anyways

Uber cool :D i really want one aswell but since i might be losing my job, its not top of my list

I'll send you pictures when I get one :p I dunno about selling the broken one, always wanted to throw one out the window :D

One advantage of sending it back to Microsoft to fix, is they give you 1 month free on Live.

Xbox has just died :'( screw you Microsoft,this is the 3rd Xbox to die on me for ***** sake. :mad:

Xbox has just died :'( screw you Microsoft,this is the 3rd Xbox to die on me for ***** sake. :mad:

Lame! I have had two die on me so far. Not a big deal if they fix it but still an inconvenience. You will get a brand new one now though.

Lame! I have had two die on me so far. Not a big deal if they fix it but still an inconvenience. You will get a brand new one now though.
I was just about to complete Bioshock 2 aswell. I hope this error is covered by microsofts 3 year warrenty.

Mine hasn't happened once and I have had it over a year now! I now know for a fact that by telling you this it will happen to me later. XD

Mine currently has RRoD too. Need to phone them up and hope it's still covered by a warranty.

Mine currently has RRoD too. Need to phone them up and hope it's still covered by a warranty.
Mine is a E73 error,something to do with the ethernet port and not covered by their extented warrenty,only E74 is covered. :mad: Bastards.

Trading standards should be doing something about this.Im going to have to pay to get it fixed,about 70 quid.

or a PS3 Woody...

and you can buy a new Xbox360 for like £99 nowadays....cheap and crappy :D

Mine got 1 Red Ring, but i fixed that, then it got 2 so i fixed that, now it has 3 so i give up.

Get some money, and i am getting a PS3.