• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 3K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp says chants about Emmanuel Adebayor in the north London derby were "disgusting".

More...

That's modern day football for ya. If you don't like it, retire.

Actually it's the other way round. Those fans should be 'retired', maybe even jailed, such idiocy should not be allowed in football, ever. For once in my life I agree with Redknapp.

Actually it's the other way round. Those fans should be 'retired', maybe even jailed, such idiocy should not be allowed in football, ever. For once in my life I agree with Redknapp.

And how do you propose that then? Walk upto the fan and say your nicked for singing abusive songs? All the fan will have to say is "It wasn't me officer". And then what can you do. Youd have to nick about 15k+ fans a day if you wanna do that.

Unfortunately, I hate fish is right, its a part of modern day football. There is only one word to describe these people and that is scum.

Pretty rich coming from Spurs.

Strange. I was under the impression that Redknapp made those comments, rather than some kind of "Abusive THFC Fans" spokesperson.

And how do you propose that then? Walk upto the fan and say your nicked for singing abusive songs? All the fan will have to say is "It wasn't me officer". And then what can you do. Youd have to nick about 15k+ fans a day if you wanna do that.

Unfortunately, I hate fish is right, its a part of modern day football. There is only one word to describe these people and that is scum.

If they can be identified, and I'm pretty sure some of them can be (TV or sceurity cameras), ban them from football stadia all over the country. It happens here too, although the measures taken are different - the match is suspended until the chants stop and if they resume the match is called off.

If they can be identified, and I'm pretty sure some of them can be (TV or sceurity cameras), ban them from football stadia all over the country. It happens here too, although the measures taken are different - the match is suspended until the chants stop and if they resume the match is called off.

Although that maybe effective there, I dont quite think that would work over here to be honest. If it was a simple case of banning them, the stadiums would be near empty, sad I know but true. Id gladly like to see people who hurl abuse chucked out at games, it would certainly make going a more enjoyable place to be, but unfortunately mate, it wont happen.

Although that maybe effective there, I dont quite think that would work over here to be honest. If it was a simple case of banning them, the stadiums would be near empty, sad I know but true. Id gladly like to see people who hurl abuse chucked out at games, it would certainly make going a more enjoyable place to be, but unfortunately mate, it wont happen.

This. Though one day genuine fans may just have enough and start shopping them. Everton fans are trying to hunt down the missile throwers from the Derby and are trying to get them banned. If people started doing that, maybe things will get a lot better.

if it was against someone from your team you would be here crying. What a ******* ******

Only you would have made that statement. Well, I'm not going to lower myself to your level of intelligence.

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

That is bullshit. Exactly the sort of person that would be stood there doing the chanting

What is bullshit? The fact that racist and abusive chants are a part of modern-day football? Give me a break. And tell me, wouldn't you also chant hate towards a rival team, or are you one of those little 'angels'?

LOL yeah what kind of ***** can't just take the banter about his team-mate being shot and himself almost being killed.

/sarcasm

And no that's not modern day football, that's the sort of **** that should have been stamped out by now.

Only you would have made that statement. Well, I'm not going to lower myself to your level of intelligence.

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

What is bullshit? The fact that racist and abusive chants are a part of modern-day football? Give me a break. And tell me, wouldn't you also chant hate towards a rival team, or are you one of those little 'angels'?

Not to the level of vile abuse that you get-especially with kids around. Really **** example to kids at matches by knuckle dragging apes

Yes. Would I chant about certain things that are a lot more important than football and could potentially be very hurtful to Adebayor? No

Not to the level of vile abuse that you get-especially with kids around. Really **** example to kids at matches by knuckle dragging apes

It's not my problem then. It's the parents' choice to bring their kids to matches, and it's their responsibility.

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

Yes. Would I chant about certain things that are a lot more important than football and could potentially be very hurtful to Adebayor? No

What was being chanted towards Adebayor? :S

It's not my problem then. It's the parents' choice to bring their kids to matches, and it's their responsibility.

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

What was being chanted towards Adebayor? :S

apparently: It should have been you, it should have been you, shot in Angola, it should have been you.

This is the worst comment ever, no-one deserves them sort of chants full stop. This incident messed Adebayor's head up and he will have to live with the memory for the rest of his life, its sickening and every fan who was involved in the chant deserves something shocking to happen to them just so they can eat some humble pie.

This. Though one day genuine fans may just have enough and start shopping them. Everton fans are trying to hunt down the missile throwers from the Derby and are trying to get them banned. If people started doing that, maybe things will get a lot better.

2 guys were hurling racist abuse towards a player in a game at my local club, bunch of fans ended up taking them out themselves.

Back