Redknapp condemns abusive chants

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 3K
Well, it's not a claim. Murder is something that cannot be stamped out. And no, we should not ignore it. Yes, more attempts should be made to stop them.

But they're 'a part of modern day football'. We all 'chant hate towards a rival team'. So seeing as we 'can't stamp this problem out' then why, if it's so widespread that EVERYONE does it, should we even attempt to stop it? It'd be a massive waste of time.

But they're 'a part of modern day football'. We all 'chant hate towards a rival team'. So seeing as we 'can't stamp this problem out' then why, if it's so widespread that EVERYONE does it, should we even attempt to stop it? It'd be a massive waste of time.

I never said "We all." Never said "everyone." And yes, it is widespread (even more so in Asian and African football). If, by your logic, you think that our legal and justice systems are a waste of time. Fine. If you feel the need to waste resources and time on a petty subject such as hate-chanting because one player 'felt bad.' Fine.

I never said "We all." Never said "everyone." And yes, it is widespread (even more so in Asian and African football). If, by your logic, you think that our legal and justice systems are a waste of time. Fine. If you feel the need to waste resources and time on a petty subject such as hate-chanting because one player 'felt bad.' Fine.

Ah no, you see, I actually think this CAN be stamped out, unlike you. I think that we can get rid of it, thus we wouldn't be wasting resources or time at all.

I'm quite angry that you consider hate-chanting to be a 'petty subject'. It is NOT acceptable in any circumstance, and passing it off as a mere distraction is tantamount to agreeing with them in my book.

Ah no, you see, I actually think this CAN be stamped out, unlike you. I think that we can get rid of it, thus we wouldn't be wasting resources or time at all.

I'm quite angry that you consider hate-chanting to be a 'petty subject'. It is NOT acceptable in any circumstance, and passing it off as a mere distraction is tantamount to agreeing with them in my book.

Every person has their own opinion. If you think so, then fine, not my problem. If you think something as contagious as hate-chanting CAN be stamped out, well... Go ahead and try. ;)

Every person has their own opinion. If you think so, then fine, not my problem. If you think something as contagious as hate-chanting CAN be stamped out, well... Go ahead and try. ;)

Not your problem? It's everyone's problem, and that's why I can't just do it by myself. Everyone needs to make it their problem, and it can be done, though people with your attitude hardly help.

Not your problem? It's everyone's problem, and that's why I can't just do it by myself. Everyone needs to make it their problem, and it can be done, though people with your attitude hardly help.

Thats the problem. In this country, people are great at complaining about something........but aren't willing to do anything about (most of the time anyway) because of the "it's just part of the culture" attitude. Unless of course it's a bunch of idiotic Labour loving trade Union lovies who love disrupting peoples lives because they don't know what the **** they're doing-except being mindless sheep.

It's only a matter of time before people will say "enough is enough" and will start taking these fools on (as mentioned couple of pages back)

No, it's not everyone's problem. No one needs to make it their problem. Everyone needs to do it by choice. You can't make it my problem, and quite frankly you won't. I think it's called free will. If you don't like my sinister attitude, well... Like I said, not my problem, and chances are I won't change. ;)

No, it's not everyone's problem. No one needs to make it their problem. Everyone needs to do it by choice. You can't make it my problem, and quite frankly you won't. I think it's called free will. If you don't like my sinister attitude, well... Like I said, not my problem, and chances are I won't change. ;)

As I said, if you don't care about the problem you're as bad as the people who are chanting. With all due respect, the game needs less of people like you and more people who are willing to take action against racism.

As I said, if you don't care about the problem you're as bad as the people who are chanting. With all due respect, the game needs less of people like you and more people who are willing to take action against racism.

no u

So, by your logic, I'm as bad as a serial killer because I don't care about what he does or who he kills, yet I've done nothing wrong?

So, by your logic, I'm as bad as a serial killer because I don't care about what he does or who he kills, yet I've done nothing wrong?

No, because my feelings on that subject are restricted to racist chanting in general, it doesn't apply to all of life's situations.

No, because my feelings on that subject are restricted to racist chanting in general, it doesn't apply to all of life's situations.

Thank God! I was starting to think the police were after me! :O

Back