Redknapp condemns abusive chants

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 3K
What is bullshit? The fact that racist and abusive chants are a part of modern-day football? Give me a break. And tell me, wouldn't you also chant hate towards a rival team, or are you one of those little 'angels'?

Your comment is bullshit. Those sort of chants have no place in the game. Yeah, we all chant against the rivals, but you don't bring up that, do you.

Also, don't start something you can't finish.

Apparently some Arsenal fans were throwing the 'N' bomb at Adebayor as well as the Togo chants.

It's disgusting and needs to be dealt with abruptly.

Totally ignoring the paedophile chants at wenger, cool.

Totally ignoring the paedophile chants at wenger, cool.

Where was that ignored? All of the chanting is noted in the article, including that aimed at Wenger. Harry was asked about the chants aimed at Adebayor in his interview, and he answered.

Problem?

Where was that ignored? All of the chanting is noted in the article, including that aimed at Wenger. Harry was asked about the chants aimed at Adebayor in his interview, and he answered.

Problem?

was meant to quote DMF, apologies.

Whats is this world we live in.

f*ck these chants, is a disgrace, a f*ckinfg disgrace.

was meant to quote DMF, apologies.

Only mentioned it because it hadn't been mentioned yet on the thread and it's something I heard. All those sorts of chants are horrible. I didn't say the Wenger ones were acceptable, they are just as bad.

people on this site really need to open their eyes and realise nothings gunna change, these people are horrible ***** and they dont give a ****, my mate down oxford is banned for life cuz of the **** he does and says during the games but he keeps comin back and its the same everywhere, people are racist and nasty and theyre will always be this sort of stuff on the terraces, im not sayin its right im just sayin these men wont change, sadly its just the way theyve been brought up

people on this site really need to open their eyes and realise nothings gunna change, these people are horrible ***** and they dont give a ****, my mate down oxford is banned for life cuz of the **** he does and says during the games but he keeps comin back and its the same everywhere, people are racist and nasty and theyre will always be this sort of stuff on the terraces, im not sayin its right im just sayin these men wont change, sadly its just the way theyve been brought up

umm...Honey Badgers are they right ;)

[video=youtube;4r7wHMg5Yjg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg[/video]

Your comment is bullshit. Those sort of chants have no place in the game. Yeah, we all chant against the rivals, but you don't bring up that, do you.

Also, don't start something you can't finish.

My comment merely stated a well-known fact.

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

By your last posts, my level of intelligence, seems too much for you kid.

Point proven..

My comment merely stated a well-known fact.

What fact, that some fans chant it. Just because it exists doesn't mean we accept it as a part of football and move on, if a problem exists you work against it, not "Just accept it or retire".

Some people commit murder etc. in society. So by your logic, we should just accept that as a fact of modern society, do nothing to prevent it happening, and if you dislike murder, move? Nice logic brah.

[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]
What fact, that some fans chant it. Just because it exists doesn't mean we accept it as a part of football and move on, if a problem exists you work against it, not "Just accept it or retire".

Some people commit murder etc. in society. So by your logic, we should just accept that as a fact of modern society, do nothing to prevent it happening, and if you dislike murder, move? Nice logic brah.

Some people get caught committing murder, a new murderer(s) will always be on the loose. It's a vicious cycle. Same thing in football. Some people get caught chanting hate (in this situation, chanting hate towards Adebayor), new "fans" will just do the same. The fact that most of you think this problem can be "fixed" is laughable at most.

Some people get caught committing murder, a new murderer(s) will always be on the loose. It's a vicious cycle. Same thing in football. Some people get caught chanting hate (in this situation, chanting hate towards Adebayor), new "fans" will just do the same. The fact that most of you think this problem can be "fixed" is laughable at most.

That murderer example isn't a vicious circle. The whole point of a circle is that it's circular, that each event causes the next. The police arresting a person for murder doesn't create another murderer - in fact, seeing someone get jailed for it is a huge disincentive - and thus that isn't a vicious circle.

That murderer example isn't a vicious circle. The whole point of a circle is that it's circular, that each event causes the next. The police arresting a person for murder doesn't create another murderer - in fact, seeing someone get jailed for it is a huge disincentive - and thus that isn't a vicious circle.

... Murderers will always be on the loose in our society. Some people may be motivated by an arrest, some won't. It all depends on the character. You can't stamp this problem out. The same goes for hate-chanting in football.

... Murderers will always be on the loose in our society. Some people may be motivated by an arrest, some won't. It all depends on the character. You can't stamp this problem out. The same goes for hate-chanting in football.

Right, but I refer you back to Joel's post. If murder is inherent in society and we can't stamp it out, we should just ignore it and not even attempt to bring the perpetrators to justice, should we?

Right, but I refer you back to Joel's post. If murder is inherent in society and we can't stamp it out, we should just ignore it and not even attempt to bring the perpetrators to justice, should we?

Just to clear everything up, my first post was directed towards Redknapp (don't care if he can't see it). For two, I never said that we should just "move on" and "leave it." But, unfortunately, some problems cannot be fixed.

Just to clear everything up, my first post was directed towards Redknapp (don't care if he can't see it). For two, I never said that we should just "move on" and "leave it." But, unfortunately, some problems cannot be fixed.

You didn't answer my question. I repeat: seeing as it's a situation where (you claim) it cannot be stamped out, we should just ignore the perpetrators and not make any attempt to stop them. Right?

You didn't answer my question. I repeat: seeing as it's a situation where (you claim) it cannot be stamped out, we should just ignore the perpetrators and not make any attempt to stop them. Right?

Well, it's not a claim. Murder is something that cannot be stamped out. And no, we should not ignore it. Yes, more attempts should be made to stop them.

Back