Redknapp hits out at Spurs fans

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 2K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp lashes out at his club's fans after some booed the players off following their 1-1 Premier League draw against Sunderland.

More...

When you go and destroy Inter the fans expect big thing, for you to then get a draw at home against Sunderland.. Can you blame them?

He's right to. A hard fought draw against a decent Sunderland side when you have recently beaten the champions of Europe 3-1. You are comotably in the top half and looking a good bet for a champions league place and champions league progression.

Wow, some fans are such meatheads :S

(Feel sorry for the true Spurs fans that appreciate just how much Redknapp has done, and actually get behind the team through the bad times, not just the good)

How can you draw with WORLD CLASS Bale and WORLD CLASS Lennon(did he play) and WORLD CLASS van der Vaart though. And it was a dive, Mr. 'Arry. And also it was a tough tackle but never a red card.

When you go and destroy Inter the fans expect big thing, for you to then get a draw at home against Sunderland.. Can you blame them?

Yes

Sunderland are no mugs. Plus just because they had one good result that doesnt mean they will blitz every team in their path... This is football, its unpredictable, that's why it's so good

How can you draw with WORLD CLASS Bale and WORLD CLASS Lennon(did he play) and WORLD CLASS van der Vaart though. And it was a dive, Mr. 'Arry. And also it was a tough tackle but never a red card.

Lennon is not world class, nowhere near.
Good players do not guarentee a win every match

agree about your final point though, a yellow was sufficient

Trouble is some of the fans have had a taste of the good times recentley and now they expect it all the time. They should realise from the time they start supporting Spurs we are inconsistent most of the time.

Lennon is not world class, nowhere near.
Good players do not guarentee a win every match

agree about your final point though, a yellow was sufficient

I was being sarcastic. ;)

My point is that the press is totally jizzing over the Spurs at the moment, when they're really not a WC team.

TheRegtur;770854[COLOR=DarkOrange said:
]I was being sarcastic[/COLOR]. ;)

My point is that the press is totally jizzing over the Spurs at the moment, when they're really not a WC team.

Fair ;)

They may not be world class but their performance against Inter was very good. I think people are getting excited because Spurs seem to be consistently matching all the world class teams they play at the moment. Ie) Inter, United. There is a real chance they could go places in the CL this year

At the end of the day though, I could see why Spurs fans would be frustrated but come on, what more can the team do than beat the European champions

Fair ;)

They may not be world class but their performance against Inter was very good. I think people are getting excited because Spurs seem to be consistently matching all the world class teams they play at the moment. Ie) Inter, United. There is a real chance they could go places in the CL this year

At the end of the day though, I could see why Spurs fans would be frustrated but come on, what more can the team do than beat the European champions

Booing your own players is just something I have never understood or have takne part of, though.

i done it once last year when mowbry was celtic manager (but in fariness had every right with his **** tactics) The best point i can make is you can never make every fan happy no matter the previous results. I have been a season ticket holder for over ten years and when oneil came to celtic we were winning the league easily the first year and dominating the domestice scene. When a fan said on the bus its too boring wish the other teams would win more games at parkhead. Fast forward nine years and fans boo mowbry becasue we are not guranteed to win every home game now lol. I mean really to expect to win every game in the season is just not going to happen. Just becasue you beat inter 3-1 comfortably fans think the ground is fortress and should beat most teams i am the same at parkhead however i do understand that football is soo unpredictable.

Oh...

... and piece of **** Gallas?

Haha, Spurs fans are quality!

But yeah, Arry is right for once.

Spurs fans have always been like this to be fair, they get a good few results or have a decent season and they expect a victory every week. Most Spurs fans wasen't alive the last time they had nights like the other week just enjoy it. Maybe its somthing in the water in North London because Arsenal fans are stupidly fickle when things arn't going right.

spurs forget there place!!

dont get me wrong i think ther squad is immense and should easily be there or about come season end..
but they have come from having nearly nothing to suddlenly smashing inter... only when you can do that and come back and beat the sunderlands, boltons, wingans that you can start booing at 1-1....
man u are really the only team to master europe and leauge back to back wins hence there domination, suprs fans be patient the gud times will surley come ... just master walking before you try running

p.s find it funny bale is now world class when the guy couldnt by a start last year lol.... what happend

Back