Reds Owners Ready to Put Faith In "Beloved" Kenny

Calum

Reaction score
Liverpool's owners are ready to put their faith in Kenny Dalglish to end the Anfield title curse.
John W Henry has revealed the belief he has in the man appointed temporary manager, after an amazing turnaround in the club’s fortunes.
As Liverpool moved into sixth place in the Premier League, Henry thinks Dalglish can help the Reds’ Fenway Sports Group owners do for the club what they have already done for the Boston Red Sox baseball team.
Dalglish is now almost certain to be made full-time boss and Henry said: “I haven’t come across any sportsman in any sport anywhere in the world who is more beloved by the fans than Kenny.

They love him not just for what he did on the field, but off the field too, through some very difficult times for the club and the supporters, and that ­relationship is really ­important.
“We are here to win, that is our only intention, and Kenny has that winning mentality too. We saw a lot of ­similarities between ­Liverpool and the Red Sox, which is why we bought into the club.

“We have a unique skill set at Fenway, and it is perfectly suited to breaking what they call ‘the curse’.
“We had an 86-year [title] drought at Boston and have a 20-year drought at ­Liverpool. We broke the curse at Boston, and we aim to do that at Liverpool.”
Raul Meireles’ winner against Chelsea on Sunday made it four league wins in a row for Dalglish and there is now a seeming inevitability about his return to the Anfield throne. But Henry is cautious about acting too soon.

He said: “I know that for a long time now he has wanted to be in this ­position and it’s a great thing for the club, for Kenny and for us. We are very lucky to have him.
“We knew we wanted to change the type of football we were playing. We wanted to move to a much more positive pass-and-move philosophy, because the way we were playing didn’t seem to suit the club.
“So we knew we had to make a change and, when we did, we talked to Kenny about it. We said we just need someone to come in for six months and stabilise the franchise on the field, and the club in general. He has done that incredibly.”

So it seems King Kenny will get the Job really good news for Liverpool so watch out Spurs and City Liverpool might be back!

Link to Article on Mirror Site Here

as long as he continues to be successful as he has been until the end of the season then he fully deserves to be the new manager

He should of been apointed in the summer, there are no more suited managers available anywhere in the world.

He should of been apointed in the summer, there are no more suited managers available anywhere in the world.
thats not true for a start. dont let romanticism cloud your judgment

I think it's the right decision, absolutely chuffed for King Kenny, he's done a great job this season, and thoroughly deserves the post over the long term. Anyone care to speculate on how long he will stay? I think perhaps about 4 years at most, as he's getting old, and FSG will want to grab someone young. Hopefully we can get a title in that time though!!!

Hopefully Liverpool have a 86 year title drought as well :p

In all seriousness, he would be a great full time manager and he will add some much needed stability to Liverpool. They should be challenging for 4th place this season as well if they continue to play like how they have been playing.

straight off the bat; villa boas, rangnick, tuchel

He isn't old he is 59 Sir Alex is what late sixties and Craig Brown of Aberdeen is 70yrs old.
Also he had his so called retirement for 13yrs he has years left in him

Totally wrong! People say Uncle would have bought Stability? NEVER, he was never a big enough man to handle the winning mentallity at a huge club!

any reason for that? why do you think they would do a better job than kenny?

none of them have expericance of the premier league, infact other than rangnick the others have little expericance at all.

Kenny has a connection with the club and the fans, that would take years for another manager to get. he has won this league 4 times as a manager and 6 times as a player.

they may be considered better managers by some people( doubt you would find a liverpool fan that would agree, or anyone that saw his teams play in the late 80s), but would that make them more suitable?

i think your wrong and im a everton fan he should never of left in the first place he should of got the nod over hodgson he knows the club and loves the club and still younger than ferguson

Personally, I think as long as he does a good job this season, why not?

lol "the franchise"

aaaaand it begins

any reason for that? why do you think they would do a better job than kenny?

none of them have expericance of the premier league, infact other than rangnick the others have little expericance at all.

Kenny has a connection with the club and the fans, that would take years for another manager to get. he has won this league 4 times as a manager and 6 times as a player.

they may be considered better managers by some people( doubt you would find a liverpool fan that would agree, or anyone that saw his teams play in the late 80s), but would that make them more suitable?
connections with fans does not equal a good manager. what matters is whether he can do the actual job. i never said they were better, but all three have shown they are just as capable in their respective leagues and in the way they approach the game, all approch it in the same mentality that FSG are looking for in a manager

when was the last time he won the league? becuase last time i checked the game had changed a lot from when he was manager.

like i said dont get clouded by romanticism. there are managers just as capable of leading liverpool

having experience of the prem means nothing either, see roy hodgson

Last edited:
He is the right man for the job, Reina, Carra, Gerrard and Dirk have all backed him for the job and are 4 of our most important and influential players. If Commolli can give him a hand picking out players, especially in the foreign leagues, it should work out well. Hairs on the back of my neck stand up any time I see him on the touchline or in an interview, means so much to Liverpool fans.

If I'm honest I would give Kenny another 5 games or so, see how he does, and if he continues the good form and football, I'd have him over any of the above. There wouldn't be much point in replacing someone who seems to be working well, with the players behind him, with players signed to suit his system, for someone for all we could know wouldn't do a good job and might have to play an unfamiliar formation/leave out players.

If I'm honest I would give Kenny another 5 games or so, see how he does, and if he continues the good form and football, I'd have him over any of the above. There wouldn't be much point in replacing someone who seems to be working well, with the players behind him, with players signed to suit his system, for someone for all we could know wouldn't do a good job and might have to play an unfamiliar formation/leave out players.
im not saying ditch him. but judge him on results, performances, tactics. Not becuase he is king kenny. also i'd do it at the end of the season, give him the chance to show consistency over a 3 month period