Votes: 7 6.6%
  • Other, Please State

Votes: 24 22.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterStubbs

Reaction score
I know there is already a thread about Wayne Rooney and the likelyhood of him leaving Manchester United in January or next summer but this thread is about who YOU think could and should be brought in by Manchester United to replace the England striker.

There is no doubt, an on form Wayne Rooney is one of the best strikers in world football, replacing a player who gives so much to the team will be very hard to do.

In my opinion I reckon the money we'd make from the sale of Wayne, Fergie will chase Karim Benzema like he did a few seasons back. Granted Karim hasn't set the La Liga alight since his move to Real Madrid from Lyon and with reports coming out of Spain that Jose Mourinho is getting inpatient with the French striker who was dropped from the French national side for the World Cup in South Africa last summer, I reckon with the guidance of Sir Alex, Karims potential could be realised and put to good use. Having watched him a few times, he seems to be a natural born goal scorer, doesn't offer the team much else in terms of tracking back to win balls etc but he certainly knows where the net is.

I reckon if Rooney is sold and sold to Madrid which is a possibility, then a cash + Benzema deal would suit me too the ground, losing Rooney will be a MASSIVE loss but with some money coming in and a player who could still learn a lot would be at least some way to replacing Wayne.

Who do you guys think though? give us the reasons as well.

One of the highly sought after youngsters again I think. Lukaku or Neymar would be my bet. Whether that would be sufficient is another story. If Berbs continues and Hernandez finds his feet who knows. But from what I've seen of Neymar that would be a great shout.

We don't even know that he is definitely leaving yet. Bit of a premature thread imo.

We don't even know that he is definitely leaving yet. Bit of a premature thread imo.

i know mate but i cant see any way back for him now though, i dont think a lot of the fans would feel the same towards him now either.

Of course they would. If he said, "I'm staying!" every single Manchester United fan would jump for joy and sing his name like nothing happened. We all know that.

I heard Fergie was trying to get Michael Ricketts to come out of retirement?

Sergio Aguero. Or try and tempt CR9 back to England :P

Of course they would. If he said, "I'm staying!" every single Manchester United fan would jump for joy and sing his name like nothing happened. We all know that.

i wouldn't be so sure mate, reading through the threads here people seem to think Rooney will still be treated like a god at Old Trafford where as on the Manchester United forums, you get the sense that fans have already washed their hands off him.

I guarantee that if he doesn't leave, his name will still get chanted. His name will probably get chanted at the next game he plays in, to show the fans love him and that we want him to stay.

only if he comes out and says he never wanted out. He'll never be the same man in my eyes, just like Ronaldo when he said he wanted to play at Real Madrid

Can I request for a playmaker instead of another striker?

Torres? Do you really think he's leave Liverpool to join United, I think not. Who's the guy that wanted a move to Liverpool? And wore a armband saying "You'll never walk alone", Torres.

I'm not saying he's the most loyal and will be there forever, but he won't join United.

Torres? Do you really think he's leave Liverpool to join United, I think not. Who's the guy that wanted a move to Liverpool? And wore a armband saying "You'll never walk alone", Torres.

I'm not saying he's the most loyal and will be there forever, but he won't join United.

i though that about Wayne and Man City but after hearing he'd be open to a move there, who knows. loyalty doesn't excist in football these days.

yeh forgot about that as much as i dislike torres i do think he is a loyal player who wouldnt join a rival e.g. united and real madrid

i though that about Wayne and Man City but after hearing he'd be open to a move there, who knows. loyalty doesn't excist in football these days.

I don't think its loyalty. The prem is wearing Torres down, I can't see him leaving for another premier league club, if he was going to continue to physically test himself in the prem he'd just stay at Liverpool.

If Torres wanted out, he'd want to go to Spain or somewhere his technique can excel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back