Replaying Old Games.

Anthony

Slide to unlock
Reaction score
Are any of you guys digging out old games and forcing them to run on new hardware?

I went through an old box of software and dug out Homeworld 2 for the pc.
I remember it was quite demanding on my pc at the time but playing these old games again with hardcore pc tech is great fun.
I guess we can see the games now as they were intended back then.
Homeworld was a great series. Very cinematic and involving.

Are you guys replaying anything at the moment?

YouTube- Homeworld 2 Trailer

I still play Diablo 2 every year, and Final Fantasy 7 gets a full play through every year.

and Final Fantasy 7 gets a full play through every year.

Was that the one with the big lad that had a machine gun on his arm? And you could name each character as you met them??
I played that one years ago on the Playstation one and nearly lost my job XD
Great game.

yeah thats the one, I have lost about 1000 hours playing that game over the years

Just found a torrent for the pc version :)
There goes my life.

None of the other final fantasy games matched 7 for me, the story line was spot on. Did anyone play any of the Broken Sword games, 1 and 2 were awesome, I have replayed them before and will do again.

None of the other final fantasy games matched 7 for me, the story line was spot on. Did anyone play any of the Broken Sword games, 1 and 2 were awesome, I have replayed them before and will do again.

yea I played broken sword one & two love them :D, I just bought FFVII off the PSN store there goes my life again :p

I was just digging through my old PSone games and I pulled out FIFA Road to the World Cup 98 now there a game I spend a whole summer holiday with 7 mates fighting to win the world cup

we pick the 4 home nations, France, Brazil, Rep of Ireland & the USA

also does anyone still play DOOM or Wolf3d coz I'm so bored of COD MW2 now, (I complete DOOM 1 & 2 I don't know how many times now but its so fun) on their PC, anyhoo I'm off to play FFVII over the weekend :p

Yes!

I have a PS2 emulator as my PS3 isn't one of the ones that have backwards compatibility, so Final Fantasy X has been played through a few times on the emulator. Terrific game! Can't wait for the release of XIII for PS3 either. Want to echo the call for FFVII as well, classic. Also play Red Alert.

On the PC, I still play the ever magnificent Transport Tycoon and Rollercoaster Tycoon games, endless enjoyment.

Yes!
On the PC, I still play the ever magnificent Transport Tycoon and Rollercoaster Tycoon games, endless enjoyment.

Good call Askep :D
I have them around somewhere.
I have some of the old Sim City games also.

I only had the original Rollercoaster Tycoon game until a couple of months ago, and got number two for a quid XD

Rarely played it due to FM, Fifa and the like but I'll play it once I get bored (A)

Used to love Sims2 but can't get it to work on my newer laptop. Keeps crashing :'(

Also I played Worms a couple of weeks ago, endless hours of fun! :D

Play Super Mario World on the SNES all the time. Also Zelda: Ocarina of Time took up most of my life.

Gotta add another shout for an emulator game, as I destroyed the original game I had.

Pokémon games on Gameboy emulators are effing awesome! Anyone with me? Haha :D

Gotta add another shout for an emulator game, as I destroyed the original game I had.

I always thought that despite being pokemon, if the original game (blue or red) was developed for a console it could be a great game. Surprised it has never been done.

I always thought that despite being pokemon, if the original game (blue or red) was developed for a console it could be a great game. Surprised it has never been done.

yeah would be good, the pokemon games on consoles have been pretty cack, thinking of pokemon stadium and pokemon snap.

Haha what was Pokemon Snap about, seriously? Just taking screenshots OF the game? Man that was a boring game. And yeah, Stadium sucked too.

old championship managers, 00/01 being my favourite.
worms (awesome)
mario party for the n64 is a fantastic multiplayer drinking game

hours of endless fun, not the Crystal and ****, they were kak, red and yellow were awesome!

i love my Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2 <) still the best games ever!!

also the Resident Evil and Silent Hill series are insane too! love them!

Star wars Knights of the old republic I have played to death. Someone mentioned the Broken Sword series how cool and funny they were.

I hardly play old games, too busy with the latest games to spend too much time living it up in nostalgia land. But if I do decide to play something then it's either Chrono Trigger, Sonic I, II, & III, Streets of Rage (Two player co-op at it's finest), Pokemon, or some of my PS2 games (Gitaroo Man, MGS, ICO, SotC etc..)

Star wars Knights of the old republic I have played to death. Someone mentioned the Broken Sword series how cool and funny they were.

I remember being drunk once at a friends flat, and he started playing Broken Sword. We must of spent an age just clicking on a spanner (or something) and showing it too people.

"Hey, check out my tool."
"Did I show you my tool?"

I'm such a creep.