Report: Modern Warfare 3 Coming This November

Reaction score
Activision calls in Reinforcements

A third game in the Modern Warfare series is coming this year, according to a new report from the Los Angeles Times.

Citing unnamed sources, the LA Times says Activision has recruited Sledgehammer Games, the studio currently working on another unannounced Call of Duty title, and Raven Software (Singularity) to help finish development of Modern Warfare 3 for release this November.

The report states both Sledgehammer and Infinity Ward are equally completing the single-player portion of the game, while Raven is working on its online multiplayer features.

Due to the developer collaboration, sources said the Call of Duty spin-off project in development at Sledgehammer, rumored to be set in the future, has now been put on hold.

Since Infinity Ward executives Jason West and Vince Zampella were fired from the studio in March, more than 35 employees have left the studio. Activision said recently it has received over 5,000 applicants to fill the vacancies.

The publisher has not publicly announced what Call of Duty title would be released this year, but did confirm a new game would be arriving in the back half of 2011.

When asked about the report, an Activision representative told IGN, "There's been much speculation recently. We look forward to releasing details for the next Call of Duty in the near future."

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/114/1145244p1.html
Wish they just take their time with it, rather than rush to get it out

Well if it does end up being released in November, it'll be ****. They should take their time and make it amazing, not just rush it to make a few bob

Well if it does end up being released in November, it'll be ****. They should take their time and make it amazing, not just rush it to make a few bob

they've been working on it since the release of Modern Warfare 2, Black Ops was released and developed by a different company who worked on MW2 and then broke away from and done Black Ops.

Anyway............cant wait already!!

I posted this in the Black Ops thread yesterday ;).

Hopefully this is true, I cant wait already lolz

If you're tired, go to sleep. If you're bored of it, don't comment.

Personally, I would like to see if Activision can now pick up the scraps from Modern Warfare 2 and actually make this game an enjoyable shooter. Given that MW2 was a good game in some aspects, it wasn't a game that was fully enjoyable.

Black Ops would be quite difficult to be and hopefully I can get this game when it comes out and I have my Xbox back to play.

I personally preferred MW2 to black ops, so I can't wait for this to come out.

Let's see. IW have all but left to set up a new company, and even they ****** up with MW2. Treyarch have no involvement, and they did well enough with black ops (bar rc car, second chance and ghost). So now 2 companies with no previous experiences in COD are making it, 1 of which (sledgehammer) wants to create a futuristic version which has nothing to do with the brand anyway. And these "5,000" applicants, when narrowed down and employed, can't replace an IW team all singing from the same sheet so to speak.

It'd be like taking barca's team, and replacing it with a load of top players from random clubs.

Having said that, i'll probably buy the game to see what all the fuss is about (plus I do love the modern setting for FPS) then trade it back in after a few months. For me that's the problem with COD games. Great for the first few weeks/months, then ruined after people start finding out all the overpowered bullshit (MW2: claymores + scav / OMA noobtubing / noobtubing in general / scar or tar - Black ops: Ghost / RC car (not overpowered but just ******* stupid) / second chance (same as rc). The list really is endless).

Last edited:
Hope its better tham mw2 online coz mw2 online was **** but had a gud campaign but black ops have a **** campaign but i luv black ops multiplayer

Became 2nd prestige today

yet another over hyped game that everyone loves for 1 month then realizes its ****

MW2 is better than BlackOps in my opinion, can't ******* wait for Modern Warfare 3 :O

I hated MW2, I don't mind Blackops.. COD4 was the best for me... if my disk wasn't uber-****** i'd still play it.

meh, fix the storyline so it doesnt jump everywhere and make it longer than 6 hours and i might consider buying it

meh, fix the storyline so it doesnt jump everywhere and make it longer than 6 hours and i might consider buying it

No point buying a Call of Duty game anymore if you're not doing it for multiplayer.

I like the idea of modern warfare and thats why I enjoyed COD 4 so much but they really messed up on MW2. Blops was great but hopefully they learn from the mistakes of MW2 and make MW3 amazing. I probs will wait a little bit until buying to see if the game is actually any good (similar to what I did with Blops)