Status
Not open for further replies.

pabs1983

Reaction score
Can anybody knock together a skin that looks similar to Outlook 2007, or maybe Windows 7 Explorer Window. I'm trying to play the game at work, but the graphics make the window to obvious on my desktop when people are walking around the office

Cheers in advance for any help.

Pabs

Possibly the best skin request ever made in the history of Football Manager & FM-Base.

I applaud you.

Isn't the quick Alt&Tab quick enough to bring up another window?

I use the windows button to switch screen, to the screen under the FM one

I'm just going to wait for the QQ thread about how FM cost you your job...

the windows and alt + tab are fine, but you find that the screen goes black and you look a bit 'suss' when changing between windows. Plus i use windows mode, so its just for when people walk behind me.

I always use the windows button, haven't been caught yet.

This is pure genius. If someone does this, I will :wub: you.

I use the Shift and Esc buttons and it is basically the windows button but as I don't have one I use that. Great idea though lol

I just press the old start button (the flag) but know I think I will just press ALT and TAB

So, still no one contemplating this. In that case, can somebody point me in the general direction of a good tutorial and i will have a crack myself.

Agreed. I can't promise anything but i'll have a look into it. I'm out at the minute but when i get home i'll try and make a start.

You have to take one from the data folder and modify the images or something, so in your case changing all the backgrounds and boxes similar to Microsoft Office or whatever it is, Outlook etc. Then change the xml files where needed, I have absolutely no idea where to start but I saw that bit of advice on another thread, and I've just seen a link from an old thread :
http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=80072

Apparently that's a good guide, but im not a member of the SI forums so I couldn't tell you mate. Let me know how you get on.

I do have some exerience with XML from when i have done C# development, and i know someone who can help with the photoshop... not got the creativity for that!!!

Mike, I look forward to seeing your attempt, cheers for having a go

I do have some exerience with XML from when i have done C# development, and i know someone who can help with the photoshop... not got the creativity for that!!!

Mike, I look forward to seeing your attempt, cheers for having a go
Like i said, not promising a masterpiece. Got a very good guide that was followed for the BBC Sport skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.