Restoring Past Glory - A Liverpool FC Story (take 2)

• Thread starter Thread starter ofwgkta
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 64
  • Views Views 13K

ofwgkta

Reaction score
View attachment 247369
Kenny Dalglish Steps Down
View attachment 247370
News has come in today that Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish has resigned. Rumours suggest that 'King Kenny' was upset at the current setup of the club. Dalglish had this to say at a recent press conference. 'I'm very sorry to leave Liverpool but it is in my best interest. It will be a sad moment and I must thank all the fans for their support. Liverpool will still have a place in my heart and I hope Tom Werner can find a suitable replacement.' Tom Werner, current Liverpool owner, has assured fans that he is looking to assign a suitable replacement as soon as possible. Liverpool are thought to be interested in Rafa Benitez, Roberto Martinez and former England midfielder turned manager Stewart Harris.

I tried to start this story before but I got ahead of myself and couldn't continue that story. I have decided to start it again and learn from my mistakes. I am not using any updates.

Last edited:
View attachment 247371'Harris in dreamland'

Liverpool have today announced that Stewart Harris will be the new manager of Liverpool. Harris recently acquired his coaching badge and has been ready for a challenge. In a recent press conference Harris has said to be in dreamland and can't wait to get involved. He is a former player himself and has a strong relationship with the club. Tom Werner had this to say on reviling Harris as manager. ' I know he is inexperienced as a manager but he has a strong knowledge on football. He has very big plans and we expect big things from him.'

Last edited:
View attachment 247429 Clarke resigns
View attachment 247430

Liverpool have today announced that assistant manager Steve Clarke has stepped down as assistant manager as a sign of loyalty to former manager Kenny Dalglish. Clarke has said that he wishes the club well but wanted to stay loyal to Dalglish who first brough thim into the club. Liverpool have signed Terry McDermott to take the assistant manager role.

Last edited:
View attachment 2474315 depart Anfield as new boss shapes new look Liverpool
View attachment 247432

Recently appointed Liverpool manager Stewart Harris has wasted no time reshaping his squad with 5 players leaving. Jack Robinson, John Flanagan, Danny Wilson and Jay Spearing have all gone on loan to Sheffield United, Newcastle and Southampton respectively to gain first team experience while Fabio Auerlio has departed to Palermo for a fee of £2.2 Million.

Last edited:
View attachment 247438Villarreal hit man joins LiverpoolView attachment 247437
Liverpool have today unveiled Giuseppe Rossi as their new signing. The fee Liverpool paid is believed to be around £28 million. Rossi has joined from Villarreal after scoring 18 goals in 36 games last season. In a recent press conference Rossi had this to say. 'I am delighted to be able to join a club with a fan base of this size. I have spoke with Stewart and share his optimism and believe this team will be in the Champions League next season. Harris also added. 'I have sent scouts to watch Giuseppe and watched him play myself and after a lot of work and research we narrowed it down to Giuseppe as the man we wanted. Giuseppe will join Luis Suarez and Andy Carroll as the first team strikers.

Last edited:
Pre Season ReviewView attachment 247440

It was a good pre season. The lads were adjusting to a new tactic so to be undefeated during pre season was good. Giuseppe Rossi impressed greatly and if he can take his pre season form into the Premier League then he should be a great buy. Daniel Agger, Martin Skrtel and Luis Suarez also impressed.

Last edited:
15/8/11
Reds dominate in Harris's debutView attachment 247442View attachment 247443

Stewart Harris and Giuseppe Rossi have both had perfect debuts in Liverpool's victory over Bolton. This was Stewart Harris's first competitive game as Liverpool manager and all went perfectly as the match finished 2-0. In just his first minute as a Liverpool player Giuseppe Rossi opened the scoring. Rossi had the ball on the left hand side in a crossing position. Rossi went to cross the ball but miss kicked. The ball then floated into the top right hand corner to give Rossi a perfect start to his Liverpool career. Luis Suarez doubled Liverpool's lead on 32 minutes when Rossi played a perfect ball through to Suarez who tucked the ball home. Things got worse for Bolton when Nigel Reo Cocker received a second yellow for persistent fouling.
Man of the Match: Giuseppe Rossi
In other news Arsenal has a shocking 3-0 loss to Fulham while Manchester United had a brilliant 5-0 over Sunderland.
Liverpool will next face newly promoted Norwich at Carrow Road

Last edited:
20/8/11
Harris's Reds win again
View attachment 247448View attachment 247449Charlie Adam picked up man of the match on his debut for Liverpool

Liverpool won their second game in a row after an impressive 2-0 over Norwich. Luis Suarez opened the scoring in the 14th minute after taking on two players and blasting the ball into the top corner and grab his second goal in two games. Daniel Agger added a second on 86 minutes after heading home from Maxi Rodriguez's corner. Liverpool move to second place on the table after two games.
Man of the Match: Charlie Adam
In other news Manchester united secured a comfortable 4-1 win over Wolves to retain the top spot on the Premier League table while Chelsea overcame London rivals Fulham 3-1.
Liverpool next take on League 1 side Brentford in the 2nd round of the League Cup.

Last edited:
View attachment 247451Luis Suarez hit with injury
View attachment 247452
On form Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has been ruled out for 5-6 weeks after fracturing his wrist in Liverpool's 2-0 win over Norwich. Luis Suarez has scored 2 in just as many games and many pundits are suggesting that without Suarez Liverpool will struggle.

Last edited:
23/8/11

Liverpool stroll to easy win
View attachment 247453View attachment 247454
Giuseppe Rossi scores twice in a man of the match performance

Liverpool continued their great start under Stewart Harris with a 4-0 win over Brentford in the League Cup. Rossi opened the scoring on 12 minutes when Lucas played a great ball through to Rossi who smashed the ball into the top corner. Rossi grabbed his and Liverpool's second in the 40th minute when Andy Carroll played a ball across to Rossi who smashed the ball into the back of the net. Carroll scored a third for Liverpool in the 66th minute when Raheem Striling took on two players and crossed the ball the ball in low for Carroll to tap in. Dirk Kuyt finished off the game on 77 minutes when he headed home from a fantastic Andy Carroll cross.

Liverpool next travel to White Hart Lane to face Tottenham

Last edited:
28/8/11
Liverpool unlucky in Harris's first lossView attachment 247455View attachment 247456Pepe Reina put in a good display despite conceding 3 goals

Liverpool suffered their first defeat under Stewart Harris today when Tottenham defeated them 3-2. Tottenham started off well when Emmanuel Adebayor took the ball past Martin Skrtel and curled the ball into the bottom corner on 12 minutes. Liverpool equalised through Dirk Kuyt on 26 minutes when he picked on a loose ball and smashed it into the back of the net. Tottenham once again took the lead in the 40th minute when Adebayor tapped in a Luka Modric cross. After pushing on for an equaliser for much of the second half, Liverpool finally got their equaliser through Giuseppe Rossi when Craig Bellamy played him through on goal and Rossi just passed the ball into the back of the net. Tottenham pressured Liverpool for the rest of the game and it looked like Liverpool would earn a draw when Tottenham got a free kick on the edge of the area in the 93rd minute. Modric passed the ball across to Beniot Assou-Ekoto who took a shot just outside the area. The shot was going well wide when it hit Martin Skrtel on the head and went in to give Tottenham the win.
Man of the Match: Luka Modric
Liverpool next take on Queens Park Rangers at Anfield

Last edited:
Will follow again. Also asked this about Cisse but now you have Rossi. How are you paying for him? £28 million is a lot of money Liverpool don't have on the game?

I signed Rossi using future instalments as I felt I really needed another striker as Carroll doesn't impress me

​11/9/11
Liverpool gi​ve QPR a footballing lesson
View attachment 247512View attachment 247513Giuseppe Rossi puts in another man of the match performance with two goals.

Liverpool strolled to success against QPR in a 4-0 win for the Reds. Giuseppe Rossi opened the scoring in the 1st minute when he picked up on a loose ball in the penalty area and made no mistake from that range. Liverpool doubled their lead on 22 minutes when Dirk Kuyt tapped in a loose ball after Paddy Kenny saved Stewart Downing's shot. Things got worse for QPR as Shaun Derry recieved his marching order on 28 minutes for a vicious two footed lunge on Jose Enrique. Liverpool went on to score from the free kick when Dirk Kuyt headed in the cross from Charlie Adam. Liverpool finished the scoring on 44 minutes when Jose Enrique played a perfect ball into the path of Giuseppe Rossi who just had to pass the ball into the back of the net. Liverpool now move to 3rd in the league with four games played.
Liverpool next travel to Stadium of Light to face Sunderland

Last edited:
I like this one and as LFC fan count me on followers list :)

Also Rossi seems like nice buy.

17/9/11
Liverpool meet expectations in dominant winView attachment 247520View attachment 247521Stewart Downing puts in a good display for Liverpool topped off with a goal

Liverpool moved up to 2nd in the Barclays Premier League table with a 3-1 win over Sunderland. Liverpool started off well and on 7 minutes Giuseppe Rossi layed the ball off for Dirk Kuyt to smash into the top of the net. Liverpool added a second when Martin Skrtel converted Stewart Downing's free kick on 24 minutes. Sunderland got one back on 67 minutes when Sessegnon put Nicklas Bendtner through on goal and he made no mistake. Liverpool secured the win in the 80th minute when former Sunderland midfielder Jordan Henderson played a brilliant ball over the top to Stewart Downing who rounded the keeper and slotted the ball in the back of the net.
Man of the Match: Stewart Downing
Liverpool next travel to Stamford Bridge to face Chelsea in the 3rd round of the League Cup

Last edited:
20/9/11

Gerrard return inspi​res Liverpool to victory
View attachment 247523
View attachment 247524
Steven Gerrard returns to score Liverpool's second

Liverpool triumphed over Chelsea 3-0 to advance to the 4th round of the League Cup. Stewart Harris decided to take two risks in starting Steven Gerrard and Raheem Stirling. Steven Gerrard had been out for 5 months with a long term injury while Raheem Stirling had never started a game for the first team. Liverpool opened the scoring on the 20th minute when Martin Skrtel headed in Craig Bellamy's free kick. Liverpool doubled their lead on 35 minutes when Dirk Kuyt played a one two with Steven Gerrard to put him through on goals. Gerrard drifted out wide put that didn't stop him firing the ball into the top corner. Liverpool sealed the win when Charlie Adam played a perfect through ball into Jordan Henderson who passed the ball in.
Man of the Match: Martin Skrtel
In other results Arsenal suffered a shock 2-1 defeat to the hands of Leicester while Sunderland defeated Newcastle 2-1 in this seasons first Tyne and Wear derby and Manchester United lost 3-1 on penalties to Bolton after a 2-2 draw.
Liverpool next face Wolves at Anfield

Last edited:
View attachment 247533League Cup 5th round drawView attachment 247534

The draw for this years 5th round of the League Cup seems very predictable. Most of the games have a Championship side facing off against a Premier League side. The most exciting match of the round will most likely be Liverpool - Sunderland and Wigan - Blackburn. The upside of the draw is that it is very open to upsets and I would be very surprised if a Championship side doesn't come out on top against a Premiership side.​

Last edited:
25/9/11

Reds move up to secondView attachment 247536View attachment 247537Stewart Downing grabs man of the match with goal and assist

Liverpool continued their fine start to the season with a solid 2-0 win over Wolves. Liverpool were on the front foot for the whole game and were unlucky not to win by more. Liverpool opened the scoring on 35 minutes when Stewart Downing dribbled down the wing and put a good cross in. Chritophe Berra tried to intercept and clear the cross but ended up putting the ball in his own net. It wasn't until the 88th minute when Liverpool got a second when Stewart Downing tapped in the rebound off Glen Johnson's shot.
In other results Arsenal beat Chelsea 3-1 at Stamford Bridge while Manchester United earned a 1-0 home victory over Stoke to retain top spot.
Man of the Match: Stewart Downing
Liverpool next face Manchester City at City of Manchester Stadium

Last edited:
Back