Retraining: fellaini as cb went great what about Ramsey as rb?

Tsakis

Reaction score
I am currently play a net EPL game with some friends as arsenal and I needed a monster CB... All the wold class was really pricey so I after a search by stats i ended up with fellaini, retraining him as a cb..

He is now after 18 games my first goalscorer with 8g/18m the best rating at EPL so far, a real beast in the air! I conceaded no goals from headers yet and he constantly scores via head or foot from fks and corners and also giving a good amount of assists winning the first header... His a acceleration is the only problem but it alread raised to 9 and I hope to get it to 10( his pace to return from attacking positions is decent though..)
Given his young age and the fact he is still compentent as a cb I thing he is fantastic...

Judging from this experience (and also from the fact I actually enjoy retraining) and also the fact I am lacking good right backs for the future( don't mention sagna pls, I was stupid enough to sell him to the man city friend) I am considering to retrain Ramsey as a rb...

He is already yellow in is position and I know he is the only -10 potential player with really crappy stats after his injury recovery so he has loads of pa and some key stats(work rate, tackling anticipation, crossing) to build a great right back... His acc and pace is **** I know but it is possible with the right plaing time/personalized training/ tutoring/ ppms / quickness ind. Training etc to become a world class RB?
Has anyone tried it?

I am concerned I am waisting his ability as an mc, but I play with only 2 mcs one creative and one ball winning(with some creative ability as well), so given the fact that for the purely creative role I have fabergas and a vast number of players to cover him he will have future only as the ball winning one.. BWM and RB share a fair amount of required stats if the RB thing goes wrong I will still have a decent BWM, or a reserve for both, right?

What do you think? Any suggestions? Has anyone tried this?

PS: maybe I had to use two treads for those subjects but I thought because it was both about retraining to save some server room... If you mods Need me to separate the treads let me know, as I am new to this site...

Cheers

Ramsey as right back is a waste. Cool idea about Fellaini though.

Could do, would be a waste of a decent player to make one half decent RB though. Be good back up though i guess, still theres better and easier options.

Thanks velveti! I dint believe myself that he could prove that good!

Chamakh as a sweeper

Lol!! That is what my friends say...

But if Ramsey has a pa of 170-200 and a ca of about a 100( I might exaggerate a bit since I don't use editor yet, but the stats after his injury seems real ****) I assume I can build more than a decent rb.. Or not? If you set aerobics to intensive and quickness as a focus won't he get a good acceleration and pace? Or training does not work this way? I mean, are the areas a player progress somehow fixed regarding the player?

Crouch can play Centre back, and is an absolute beast in the air.

Everyones so blinded by the stats needed for certain positions. Look at the bigger picture.

Crouch can play Centre back, and is an absolute beast in the air.

I take this as a joke considering crouch's age, hilarious marking, tackling, mediocre heading and strength ...I can understand the disbelief... I wish you tried fellaini though... He is also really good at creating the counter attacks!

I don't understand why Ramsey can't be a leading rb.. Except if a system like the one described before exists (predetermined stat raises that is)..

Let me do a little analysis: Ramsey in a same I have now for arsenal( not the one playing with my friends witch I consider to do the Ramsey trick, at this save fortunately Still have sagna). Ramsey has the following stats above 10:

Crossing 11 important fb stat
Dribbling 12 important fb stat
First touch 15 good to have for all positions
Long shots 12 again good for abs, not essential though
Passing 16 not really relevant to sb, but you can always instruct a sb to favor through balls
Tackling 11 important fb stat
Anticipation 11 important fb stat
Composure 14 good for all
Consentration 12 IMHO me important fb stat
Creativity 15 good for ALL as a options prime stat
Decisions 12 same as the above
Determination 15 great for all
Flair 15 great for sb that dribble
Off the ball 15 good to have for attacking abs
Teamwork 12 important fb stat
Workrate 15 important fb stat
Acceleration 11 important fb stat
Agility 15 good to have, same use for a MC as well
Natural fitness 16 universal stat
Stamina 12 important fb stat

So what is the reason not to try it?

I say go for it as if it doesn't work out you could always play him as a defensive winger or sell him on :)

I say go for it as if it doesn't work out you could always play him as a defensive winger or sell him on :)

Thanks mate! I think I will! I have an other retraining project for rb I will reveal when I have results.. I will not make any experiments about this one though but for the Ramsey situation I might bother to fast forward a save using a personalized training to see the results... I know that the results will differ though also given the fact Ramsey has variable pa, but will give me something to hope or not hope in....

Yes but you are also forgetting his poor marking, heading, jumping and bravery which are also important.

Heading and jumping are important for a full back? Why is that? It is always nice to have but I can't understand why there are important.... Also bravery is good for all defensive positions indeed, but of all for full backs count the least....

About marking I have nothing to say.. You got me.. He also has poor pace as well.... But he has 9 to both so he is not exactly that poor... Don't forget that the stats I am giving are from a major decline, just after his recovery... I bet his ca will grow quickly...

Vidic to Defansive foward ^^ Could be good. Try it and let me know.

I have done this on numerous occasions :) even more so as a Dm :) I have done this with Gojko Kacar, Joshua Guilavgoui, etc etc...

why buy when you can retrain and have a versatile squad.... :)

@ eyrinomos & vanjagl

Come on guys.. This joke is getting old even if this post is new.. I can't understand if you re making fun of fellaini as cb or ramsei as fb... Fellaini is TESTED and he is doing more than good!

Thanks raikan! I also find essential to hava a versatile squad.. It helps me having happy players with much playing time and many in match solutions for formations and subs..

Have you ever trained anyone to a position completely unfamiliar to? Does position learning eats up CA and if yes how much? Any training recommendation for the Ramsey project?

@ eyrinomos & vanjagl

Come on guys.. This joke is getting old even if this post is new.. I can't understand if you re making fun of fellaini as cb or ramsei as fb... Fellaini is TESTED and he is doing more than good!

Thanks raikan! I also find essential to hava a versatile squad.. It helps me having happy players with much playing time and many in match solutions for formations and subs..

Have you ever trained anyone to a position completely unfamiliar to? Does position learning eats up CA and if yes how much? Any training recommendation for the Ramsey project?

i cant see how he would be a good full back, he has no pace and will come up against pacey wingers, his tackling and crossing arent that good, he has the potential to be one of the best passers of the ball on the game and your going to restrict that at rb where you have sagna.

why not just alter your formation to play ramsey and fabregas in the middle together?

i cant see how he would be a good full back, he has no pace and will come up against pacey wingers, his tackling and crossing arent that good, he has the potential to be one of the best passers of the ball on the game and your going to restrict that at rb where you have sagna.

why not just alter your formation to play ramsey and fabregas in the middle together?

Sadly, as I said, in the save I am considering using Ramsey as fB, I don't have sagna...

His pace is indeed a problem, but I imagine he can reach high enough lvls at acceleration at least... With maxed aerobic training and quickness focus maybe? I am not sure...

Regarding his passing-crossing thing: I can't see why people believe that SBs should not try through balls... His ability will not be waisted if you give him the right instructions.. As for crossing that is is no good I believe that you are mistaken.. Crossing isn't all about crossing stat the same way passing is not all about passing stat either... creativity, anticipation, decisions and technique (as well as strength, composure, agility and balance if there is tight marking involved) play a crucial role if a cross will be successful ... Maybe teamwork as well but less than passing, because when on a crossing position most times shot is not an option (dribbling is though).

I created a team from the bottom (4 strikerish possitions) so changing my formation to fit ramsey that is not even good at the start of the game(and making my strikers unhappy for the lack of playing time) is not an option.

Acceleration and pace are my concerns but I will fast forward a save to figure if he can reach a considerable level...