Rets Possession Tactic 11.3 - 4231 ( Not Barca tactic )

I'm not surprised to see defensive mentalities, in my own attempts at this sort of thing I found having low mentality settings vital in attaining consistently high possession stats.

Good tactic, although it almost certainly will require a team with the potential to win the Champions' League to get good results.
Have you tried this? Can I get your save game?

400 download-er since 1 day ago but no one post their results ?

Last edited:
Gonna test with Chelsea team 3 seasons in, as for some reason in every time i have started fresh 3 seasons in my team seems to fall apart no matter what formation or team i use :S

All you need is player with decent passing and decisions mate :)
thanks anyway

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 AM ----------

Well, new version is available now !

Code:
[SIZE="3"]Change Logs :

- Slightly improve defensive line
- More attacking 
- Change Inside Forward movement
- Change AMC role
- Few tweaks for some players[/SIZE]

Look at the OP for download link. Thanks :)

Last edited:
havent been able to test it properly for you due to outside reasons but i can say its fantastic in defence and if you make a few tweaks in player mentalitys it can score a couple but it still remains 15 shots off target 5 on

I have question , why do set mentality Inside FW is DEF.

Good question. For all I know, more defensive mentality will give players more safe movement, passing, shooting when they're in good position to launch shot etc. And why I don't give their wide plays cut lnside but instead move into channels because I need them to close each other with another player and went cut inside when they have space to roam in their position

Good question. For all I know, more defensive mentality will give players more safe movement, passing, shooting when they're in good position to launch shot etc. And why I don't give their wide plays cut lnside but instead move into channels because I need them to close each other with another player and went cut inside when they have space to roam in their position

Thank you for your answer. :D

villarreal.png

Last edited:
Actually this is not player passing tactic mate. Don't expect too much with amount of individual player passes ;)

Last edited:
Very good tactics mate. I use both of them in my Leverkusen game, and they're working well. Just had 80% possession at home against Nurnberg.

what's the point of having lots of passes while almost none of them are being 'key' pass?? You won't win matches with number of pass but the quality of the pass through defence- splitting ball, no offence though mate.

what's the point of having lots of passes while almost none of them are being 'key' pass?? You won't win matches with number of pass but the quality of the pass through defence- splitting ball, no offence though mate.

well.. lots of passes means lots of possession.. lots of possession means lots of chances.. lots of chances means lots of ccc.. lots of ccc means lots of goal attempts.. lots of goal attempts means lots of goals :)

well.. lots of passes means lots of possession.. lots of possession means lots of chances.. lots of chances means lots of ccc.. lots of ccc means lots of goal attempts.. lots of goal attempts means lots of goals :)

Infact ur wrong, at least when this tactic, more precisely, version 1 is considered. Its easy to get lots of passes with every single players mentality set to defensive, meaning they will pass pass pass the ball till they die without contributing much to attack play. I've also made this kind of tactic with my old Blackburn save and came to the conclusion that Pass amounts & Poss were good, but I lacked the efficiency and attacking play and I mostly got draws...

Dunno about v2 tho, but if U can get the players pass the ball around in the final third, trying to create an opening, then U will get moar chances and goals + Poss & Passes, but the game aint intelligent enuf to do this.

Last edited:
Absolutely agree with Gump. Basically you can choose having lots of possession or lots of CCC. Although recently I have found the way to combine it, having good amount of possession as well as CCC. It depends on your player though..Haven't download this tactic but I assume it employs high time wasting and very slow tempo?

I'm getting a few CCC's per game and converting them. The defence also seems very stable, something which is lacking in 90% of other tactics out there. Maybe I do win most matches 1-0/2-0, but I don't mind.

Dude, I love you :D I've been struggling to get possession with Real Madrid, now I've been using v2 of your tactic for 4 matches and I won all of them. I get quite good possession percentage, win by at least 3 goals and conceded only 1. Thank you so much! :))
UPDATE:
View attachment 188596
OMG I love this tactic! :D :D

Last edited:
I tried this with inter and only transfered andrea poli(great DLP).Tactic works to certain degree,its works with samuel(7 goals in 14 games) but forwards are struggling to get a goal.They seem to waste lots of one on ones.
Great tactic for defence but otherwise useless.

It''s work well for my Barcelona. But one things is that the passing usually play on the wings which i don''t like it. I change the role of striker to Tre and its not bad.