Return of a Giant - May The Lions Roar Once More

September

View attachment 15765
We have a pretty poor month with only one win out of 4. The biggest disappointment of the month was actually the draw against SC Paderborn as we threw away a 2-0 lead to go 3-2 down. Kasey Palmer stepped up though and rescued a point for us with a great strike in the 92nd minute. Hamburger SV was a bit expected away from home as they still have a team that should be able to compete in the middle of the Bundesliga. I'm really hoping to be able to snap the players out of this bad form soon as the longer it goes on the harder it will be to do.

View attachment 15761

I have one piece of good news this month as with my contract coming to an end at the end of the season I have been offered a new one which will see me tied to the club until 2022.

View attachment 15758

October

View attachment 15757

October

View attachment 15610
We have a much better month as we get back to winning ways with the first game of the month against eleventh placed Jahn Regensburg which was followed up with a well fought draw against Union Berlin who were sitting just below us in second spot by this point. MSV Duisburg then come along and our form nearly goes to ***** again as we struggle to overcome the second bottom team 1-0.

We then visit Hamburger SV in the German cup and boy did we get lucky.

View attachment 15609
We get off to a great start as Blaz Kramer gets onto a long ball and slots home in the 7th minute. I thought we have managed to sneak it and then Arp then pops up in the box to nod home a close range header to take it to extra time. We were lucky and still had 2 subs so we threw on Bigirimana and Palmer who with the fresh legs manage to make the difference. Without having them to bring on off the bench I want t say it would of gone the other way. We now progress to the third round.

View attachment 15608

November

View attachment 15607

November

View attachment 15494
A nice short month here as the SV Sandhausen match is pushed back a day into December. The month gets off to a horrible start though as we face 1. FC Nurnberg 2 days after the cup tie and they were just too strong for our tired squad. We went 1-0 down in the first minute of the match and we just couldn't get the heads back up after that and they put us to the sword. We then make light work or FC Magdeburg and SpVgg Greuther Furth.

We finish the month top of the league thanks to goal difference but in all honesty I would rather not get promoted this season as I really feel we would struggle to get the required strength of team in to avoid relegation

View attachment 15492
December

View attachment 15491

December

View attachment 15144
Another great month. Even though I'd rather not get pormoted this season it could actually happen as its the top two who get automatic promotion with 3rd spot going into a play off game against 16th in the Bundesliga.

Our only blip of the month comes against 3rd spot FC Ingolstadt 04 as we get a very respectable result away from home. The rest of the month we get 3 wins against 2 good mid table teams and one who is already certain to go down.

View attachment 15129
January will see us have to look for a new striker as we only had Andy Sweeney on loan for 6 months so we will need to spend our remaining budget on attracting a new one. Again I have a feeling we will be getting bids in for our more promising youth so heres hoping the board don't go above my head and start accepting transfer offers.

January

View attachment 15125

January

View attachment 15069
January see's us play mainly friendlies as we try and keep fit during the winter break. We only have one money spinner against Dortmund were we actaully manage to play a very close game and only lose by the one goal. The rest of them we expected to win anyway and we managed to win the rest of them with clean sheets which added a bit of confidence for the first game back against VfL Bochum. The match was a lot harder than expected but Deco managed to slot home nicely to get us the 3 points.

View attachment 15066
Transfers

First up we badly needed a new striker so we splashed out £1.2 million on young Swedish Striker Jack Lahne from IF Brommapojkarna. Even though he is only 18 I hope with first team football for the second half of the season he will develop well.

View attachment 15065
Next in we welcome John Johansen from Brondby IF for £1 million. Again another young player but he will be given his chance this season to see how he develops.

View attachment 15064

Now for the players going out we sold promising midfielder Horst Erlachner who came through in our youth intake to Napoli for £5 million to try and balance the books. He would of done well here but the money was needed more.

The one annoying thing about this transfer window was our best youth prospect in Thomas Birkenstock also left the club as the board accepted an offer from our city rivals Bayern for £10.75 million if all clauses are met and they couldn't be talked round into keeping him at the club.

View attachment 15054

February

View attachment 15053

February

View attachment 14976
We don't get off to the best start this month as we fall to a defeat to Holstein Kiel in our second match back from the winter break. The one upside from the match was Jack Lahne got his first goal for the club. It was followed by a close defeat to Schalke 04 in the cup which was expected when coming up against a much stronger opposition. We are then able to bounce back with a convincing win against Osnabuck with Kurt getting the pick of the goals. We then get a big win against 1. FC Heidenheim 1846 with Kurt again getting getting the pick of the goals with an outstanding run coming in from the left wing before slotting home from the edge of the box. Finally we finish the month off with a win against Fortuna Dusseldorf where Jack Lahne gets back on the score sheet again getting 2 out of the 3 goals.

View attachment 14975
We also have the youth intake this month and we get one good prospect in Tim Geisler who looks to have the making of a great German centre back.

View attachment 14974
I have also been busy in the transfer market with agreeing a deal to bring back Andy Sweeney to the club on a permanent transfer in the summer. If he realises his potential then he will be a great piece of business and should help establish the club in the United States.

View attachment 14973
March

View attachment 14972

March

View attachment 14929
We go undefeated in March to leave us 1 win away from being guaranteed promotion to the Bundelisga with 6 games to go. It would of probably been secured by now if we hadn't thrown away a 3-0 lead against SC Paderborn. Jack Lahne had put us 2-0 up before Palmer got the third. The most annoying thing was that we conceded the final goal in the 92nd minute to only get the point. Against Hamburger we played an absolute blinder with Jack Lahne getting a hat-trick in the opening 25 minutes before Musonda rounded off the scoring in the 84th minute. Jahn Regensbug were up next where Musonda got on the score sheet again before Lavalee rose above the rest to head home in the 62nd minute. They got a goal back in the 89th minute. Finally we played Union Berlin where Musonda gets his 3rd goal in three games while playing down the right wing. Jack Lahne then gets the second just after half time before John Johansen got his first goal for the club in the 95th minute with the final kick of the ball.

View attachment 14928
April

View attachment 14927

April

View attachment 14913
We take a bit longer to get promotion than expected thanks to draws against MSV Duisburg and 1. FC Nunberg. MSV Duisburg went ahead twice in the match but we showed our fighting spirit to come from behind twice to ****** the draw. Against Nurnberg we went ahead in the 8th minute thanks to a neat finish from Lahne only to have it all taken away from us in the 86th minute from a well practised set piece from just outside the box.

Next up we welcomed FC Magdeburg to Munich where we got off to a quick start with Musonda coming in off the right wing to slot home in the 5th minute. He then struck again in the 85th minute to seal the 3 points and back to back promotions for the club.

View attachment 14910
The board have set the initial budgets and I really hope they change as I don't see us doing anything with what I've been given just now apart from coming straight back down.

View attachment 14909

May

View attachment 14908

May

View attachment 1201538
We make it very hard for ourselves to tie up the league after the promotion as we can only manage a boring 0-0 draw in front of our own fans against SV Sandhausen which was disappointing. We follow it up though with a great away win against Wurzburg to tie up the league with Jack Lahne getting 2 goals either side of half time with Phillipp Steinhart getting on the score sheet as well to round off another fantastic season. We finish the season in front of our own fans though with another disappointing draw which was not how I was hoping to end the season.

View attachment 14673

View attachment 14672
We have managed to tie up a couple of pre-contract deals for next season but that will all be covered in a later update along with a Season Overview up next.

Season Overview

The season was a lot tougher as it went right down to the second last game for us to win the league which brought us in £15 million which was a welcome boost to the clubs coughers. I really wasn't expecting to get back to back promotions so next season is really going to be tough.

View attachment 14667
With the stadium being 96% full this season the board have announced that they are going to build us a new stadium. No idea what size it will be or when it will be built or how it will be funded so will be interesting to see what happens.

View attachment 14664

View attachment 14659
Phillipp Steinhart is just a machine as he convincingly wins the Fans player of the second season in a row. Jack Lahne wins signing of the season even though he only came in for the second half of the season. But considering he scored 13 goals in 15 games he well and truly deserves it.

View attachment 14645
The only real positive thing from this year was the big jump in prize money for the club which has put is back in profit for the time being. Even if we get relegated this season there will be another big jump again as well.

View attachment 14644
With the prize money we have been able to upgrade the youth facilities as well.

View attachment 14639

Preseason

View attachment 14500
We get off to a poor start with the friendlies which was kind of expected with the changes that have been made at the club to try and get us ready for the season ahead. After our two defeats we kick on and get a few well needed wins to get the confidence flowing through out this young team. The biggest result was our draw against Bayern which gives us a new found belief for the season ahead.

Transfers

View attachment 14493
As you can see we had one big outgoing with Sinan Kurt joining Augsburg for a deal that can rise to £9 million which we got 55% back towards the budget to allow us bring in a few more players.

Coming in we have managed to bring in Nathan, Freddie Woodman, Pau Torres and Sam Hughes in from top leagues to help strengthen the team.

View attachment 14492

View attachment 14491

View attachment 14490

The 4 players I'm looking forward to seeing develop this season after bringing them in are Hugo Peixoto, Mihai Dascalu, Ferran Torres and of course Andy Sweeney.

View attachment 14489

View attachment 14488

View attachment 14487

View attachment 14486

I am still on the lookout for one more central midfielder if the right one becomes available in out budget.

For our expectations this season the board were happy for us just to attempt to avoid relegation but i've decided go the full hog and say that we will avoid it outright as I feel we have enough to give it a shot.

View attachment 14485
August Fixtures

View attachment 14484

August

View attachment 14421
We get off to a great start in the cup against not league team Brandenburg Sud where our new signings immediately paid off. Nathan opened the scoring after 6 minutes with Andy Sweeney got goals in the 20th and 45+3 minutes. Returning Loanee Musonda then gets a goal in the 35th minute. Deco and Torres then both finish it off with all goals being scored in the fist half.

Next up brought the start of the league where we got two very respectable draws to start the campaign. The goal against Hannover came in the 91st minute from Johansen.

View attachment 14420
We made another couple of signings before the end of the transfer window to strengthen the team. They may all be young but its how I want to go at the moment so if the worst happens and we get relegated we can either sell them for a profit of they won't want to leave as they will still get first team football.

Filippo Bandinelli comes in on a free transfer for the cm role along with Youssef Ait Bennasser who joins from Monaco for £1.7 million.

View attachment 14419
View attachment 14418
We also sign 3 young players who will rival the current first teamers this season. We signed Alvaro Mamani from Alianza for £1 million, Angel Lugo joins from Olimpia for £900,000 and Mario Asad from Boca for £2.2 million.

View attachment 14417
View attachment 14416
View attachment 14415
We were able to finance these players by selling an add on from the Thomas Birkenstock deal that we were able to bring in £7 million from.

September Fixtures

View attachment 14414

September

View attachment 14400
We start the month off with two losses which were expected but what wasn't expected was how close we kept them. Against Bayer 04 we actually went ahead twice in the first 15 minutes of the match before conceding two goals at the end of the first half to go 3-2 down. After half time I was happy to keep the score as it was considering we were away from home. Against Bayern we wen't in at half time 0-0 before we gave away a penalty in the 57th minute in which Lewandowski converted, Nathan then made it 1-1 to give us a chance before Gnarby scored an excellent single goal to give Bayern the 3 points.

We then got our first win of the season against Hoffenheim. Sweeney got us off to a great start with getting the first of his two goals in the second minute before Torres got a hat-tick to get us to 5. I was a bit worried that we were throwing it all away when they pulled it back to 4-3 though. We then got a good result against Nurnberg after we went 1-0 down in the 4th minute but we rallied round and went in at the break at 1-1 thanks to Torres again.
Bandinelli comes on though midway through the second half though to make his debut and gets the winner to secure the 3 points.

View attachment 14399
After the Bayern game I thought I would have a look at some of the wages they pay to do a comparison between them and us. So our wage budget per week for the full squad is currently £237,360. they currently have 7 players earning £250,000 so just shows the gulf in finances at the moment between the two Munich clubs.

October Fixtures

View attachment 14395

October

View attachment 14347
We have an amazing month that sees us pick up 7 out of 12 points. We start off with a loss to Mainz but we get a massive confidence boost with coming from behind twice when we only had 10 men to get a draw with league leaders Dortmund. We then followed that up with a win against fellow promotion team Ingolstadt 04. In the Cup we get our revenge on Mainz for the defeat they inflicted on us at the start of the month as Charly Musonda gets two goals along with Torres getting the third. Finally we played a blinder against SV Werder as we went behind thanks to a penalty in the 9th minute before Jack Lahne gets his first goal of the season after 38 minutes. Finally super sub Filippo Bandinelli does it again with coming up half way through the second half to net the winner and bring home the 3 points.

View attachment 14340
November Fixtures

View attachment 14336

November

View attachment 14263
A solid month where we go undefeated even if it is only picking up 3 points out of 9 but it could make the difference come the end of the season. Against Gladbach we went ahead in the 8th minute through Musonda before Ginter equalises from a corner in the 22nd minute. We then get a bit of good fortune as Friedl scores an own goal in the 45th minute. Sadly Fabian Johnson pegs back straight away in the first minute of extra time in the first half and soon after that Pau Torres scores his own own goal on the whistle of extra time. Kasey Palmer comes to the rescue though in the 75th minute to get us a point.

Against Freiburg we go ahead twice and throw it away twice to draw the game thanks to Nils Petersen scoring a late penalty for the game to finish 2-2. Against Frankfurt we went behind in the 33rd minute to a goal from Haler. Frankfurt then went down to 10 men as Kamada was sent off on the stroke of half time. Jack Lahne then came on for Torres who went of injured to equalise in the 66th minute.

View attachment 14262
The board have been very please with our progress and given me a new contract and given me a nice £7,000 wage increase to go with it.

View attachment 14261

December Fixtures

View attachment 14260

I've ended up throwing the towel in with this save after I rate quit it last night as the board have decided to sell two more of our promising youngsters to Bayern and Dortmund. How are you meant to get anywhere with youth if they just keep selling the best ones behind my back

Sad to hear about this mate. Very much enjoyed this! Luckily the board have never sold a player for me, guess I’m just lucky!

Sad to hear about this mate. Very much enjoyed this! Luckily the board have never sold a player for me, guess I’m just lucky!

Cheers mate. It's just frustrating as you can't build a team with home grown players if they keep selling them. Trying to decide on who to start with next

Ahh man that sucks. Sorry to hear it. I see you have started a new save so will be following that

Aww man I just got into this to read that you're quitting it! Ahh well, will follow the next one. Some right good players you managed to bring in and great progress in a short time too!