Ashleigh1984

Reaction score
images
Breaking News
Investors have completed the take-over of Rotherham United F.C., In a SHOCK meeting held this afternoon Atlanta businessman George Hopkins who owns Atlanta Silverbacks in the U.S.A has taken control of the Yorkshire club. In a brief interview with BBC Mr. Hopkins announced that he "will be appointing a new manager to take the club forward" and "major investment will be introduced to Rotherham United".

An advisor for Mr. Hopkins has spoken to the BBC and to the supporters club to annonce their intentions for the future of the football club. " We have big plans for the future of Rotherham United it starts in July with the appointment of a new manager, this is what Mr. Hopkins sees as a major focal point of the clubs development". "There will be investment mad to the club of around £30m which will be used to fund new staff, players and secure the clubs long term future, on the back of this Rotherham United will build a new stadium that will be fully developted and ready for the 2012/2013 season with new training facilities and youth academy". "One last announcement is the clubs sponser, we have agreed a 3 year deal with Coca-Cola wich will give us extra revenue and a brand that shows the club are moving forward".

It is also believed that Atlanta Silverbacks have agreed a professional link between the club where players could be attained, this can build a rappour in America for the small club fropm Yorkshire and build a fan base. There has been no news on the manager appointment but the bookies have made these three candidates favourite for the post.

Sean Davis 2/1
Ash Hudson 3/1
Stuart McCall 6/1

Another new stadium? A new one is already opening this summer. :O

hehe i live in rotherham so will deffo be following was just thinking about doing a rotherham story after my newcastle one cos no1 has lol good luck

Yeah this is the same stadium, just a bigger capacity Joel, emoasyou my grandfather was born and bread in Rotherham so this team has a spot in my eye.

View attachment 263871 Rotherham United have appointed Ash Hudson as their new manager on a two-year deal. Ash Hudson a twenty six year old welsh man was an international player in his playing career and has now completed his UEFA Certificates. The board has not handed Ash Hudson a transfer Budget in this window as they need to see progression first but they have increased the wage budget we believe.

In the press conference a local news reporter asked "if this was the job he imagined as the first of his career"? The response was; "I am very pleased to be at Rotherham United, my grandparents are from here and i followed them for many years.

"What are your goals"? was the second question from a member of the supporters trust. "I will be looking for promotion this year and bringing youth players into my squad for next season.

First month in charge was a clear out of the backroom staff, i made a complete over haul of the Youth Team,First Team,Fitness and GK's Coaches.

I made two signings this month to bolster my small squad.

View attachment 263951View attachment 263952

I have gone with three variations of the 4-3-3 for this season (thanks to Raikan for the tactic advice) with a DM, AMC and 3 striker option.

Pre Season is always interesting getting to know your players and getting your team into a way and style of playing that i want.

Transfer news In:
Alexander Scholtz (DC) - Pre Season Trial - Offer made after good performances
Thomas Cruise (DL) - Free Transfer
Kerim Freil (AML) - Season long loan from Fulham

Transfer news Out:
Marcus Marshall - 6 Month loan to Fleetwood Town

Pre Season Fixtures:

Newport County 1 - 2 Rotherham United
Schofield (24) Foltym-Brown (50) Prosser (52)

Rotherham United 1 - 2 Sheffield United
Foster (12) Beattie (14) Lowton (41)

FC Halifax 0 - 2 Rotherham United
Cadogan (3) Foltyn-Brown (62)

H & W Welders 0 - 4 Rotherham United
Cahoon o.g. (2) Foltyn-Brown (12) Pringle (71) Schofield (85)

The most impressive result was the win over St.Mirren, they were the best club i played thus i based my pre season performance on this game. The team gelled ok but my tactic preperation is slow and the squad is not adjusting to as quick as i would like.

Last edited:
images

Transfer News: League Two

"Sky Sports News understands that new Rotherham United Manager is interested in signing young Newcastle United GK Ode Soderberg, the Swedish youngster is available after being transfer listed but the fee is undisclosed. Rotherham only have one fit senior goalkeeper Rhys Taylor after Andy Marriott injured himself in training".

"Rotherham have not confirmed any details ahead of their opening league two game away to Gillingham".

Rotherham United have today Unveiled their their new Home and Away strips to the media, they have kept their traditional Millers colours but have a new big brand sponser going forward. They have also revealed a big improvement in season ticket sales, they have sold 8,150 for the coming season.

BIG THANKS TO NUZIKDUDE FOR THE KITS.

oh and try and get adam le fondre back on loan he is beast in champ and prem on my saves usually

The first game of the season has arrived and it’s kick-Off time at Priestfields. Usually I do monthly updates (Empoli story thread) but because it’s the first real test here we go.

“An early play-off contention match with a boring draw written all over it” – Soccer Special Pundit

The game started off fast paced with both sides looking to attack but creating very little chances in the first half. Gillingham and Rotherham both created two chances each team with one on target, 0-0 at half time and a happy Rotherham manager.

Gillingham started the second half sitting back and trying to counter attack but Dave Harrison cleaning up in front of the back four gave the Gill’s very little to work with. 51 mins gone and a cross from deep on the left side of midfield from Ben Pringle found it’s way to Tom Foltym-Brown who’s turn and shot deflected into the bottom left corner, 1-0.

Gillingham pressed and attacked more while Rotherham defended their lead and kept possession, the Rotherham defence gave very little away until a Lee Naylor’s foul gave the Gill’s a free-kick that rattled the woodwork. On 82 mins the game was secure when Dave Harrison won the ball in the Rotherham half and a sweeping move ended up with Ben Pringle smashing a 20yd bullet into the Gillingham net, 2-0

Eat your words Mr. Pundit!

Gillingham 02 Rotherham United

Man of the Match: Ben Pringle (1 goal & 1 Assist)

images

LEAGUE 2: BREAKING NEWS
Rotherham United have signed former Sweden U21 International
Ole Soderberg from Newcastle United on a 4-year deal. Soderberg
says "the lure of first team football" was the reason for him leaving
Newcastle.​

images
Round One
Rotherham United have been drawn in round one against former
European Champions Nottingham Forest at the City Ground.​

August 2011 - So Far
images

Nottingham Forest 2 - 4 Rotherham UnitedVery impressed with the performane in this match, we were the underdogs as expected but the team kept possession well and were clinical infront of goal.

LEAGUE%20TWO%20LOGO2_m.jpg

Rotherham United 6 - 1 Macclesfield
Naylor (pen x2)
Draper (o.g)
Foltym-Brown (x3)

First home game of the season and it could not have gone better, a very dominant performance going 4-0 up in the first half-hour. This was not the only game with six goals that weekend, check out the SS.
Rotherham United 3
- 1 Southend United
Naylor
Grabban
Taylor

Very importnat win against one of the early play-off hopefulls, didn't go to plan when we conceded early on and went behind 1-0. A solid performance to come back and the game was over after 51min when we were 3-1 up and we shut the game down.

Last edited:
images
Round Two
Rotherham United have drawn Championship side Watford United at home in
the second round of the Carling Cup.

images
Round One
Rotherham United winners in 1996 have been given a tough away tie against
Northampton Town.​

images
Northampton Town 1 - 1 Rotherham United

Two points dropped for Rotherham United today, they took the lead after 28 mins from Kerim's strike from the edge of the box. The points looked in the bag after 50 mins when Northampton were reduced to ten men, but as usual with my teams they fell asleep against ten men and conceded an equaliser in the 79 min. Northampton Toen held out for a draw....... TWO POINTS DROPPED!

images

Rotherham United 4 - 1 Watford United

Another Championship side in the competition and another side blown away by my teams attacking style of play, this wasn the case early on as Wtford took the lead inside two minutes. This was quickly cancelled out with two quick goals in the 10 & 12 min was followed by a Watford o.g. in the 21 min that gave me a decent lead at half-time. The second half we contained Watford and gave them very little before catching them on the counter to make it 4-1 and into round three.

images
Rotherham United 6 - 0 Port Vale

Great performance at home and the fans were jubilant leaving the stadium. 4 goals in this game were scored by Alex Revell, he is filling in nicely after the injury to Tom Foltym-Brown, and the match was done at half-time being 4-0 up. two disallowed goals were followed by two second half strikes (one Port Vale o.g). Fair play to Thomas Cruise in this match aswell as Alex Revell, Cruise assisted in four of our goals.

images

Round 3
Rotherham United have been handed a dream draw against Everton
at home, the Manager and Chairman were at the draw on Wednesday
night and fancy their chances of another cup upset.