Any Feedback, responses, requests (SS's), followers would be greatfull. Don't kow how much interest there is, so i may stop the thread. :(

Any Feedback, responses, requests (SS's), followers would be greatfull. Don't kow how much interest there is, so i may stop the thread. :(

Of course am following would love to see the millers up in the premiership, not a fan of the kits though especially that home kit looks like a reject from donny rovers lol.

Of course am following would love to see the millers up in the premiership, not a fan of the kits though especially that home kit looks like a reject from donny rovers lol.

Lol, fair enough. Cheers for the reply dude i will re-design the kits when i get promoted too league one

Season is going well so far and the squad is the same, no funny editing except funds that i have not had since i started with no transfer budget.

images

Northampton Town 1 - 2 Rotherham United

After the positive start we made to the season i decided to field a decent team for this game and because of the league draw earler in the month i wanted to put the record straight. Northampton looked like an unchanged first 11, but we had three changes to the side and a bench full of youth and we were still without inform striker Tom Foltym-Brown due to injury so the front was lead by Alex Revell.

The game tactics were spot on in the first hlaf scoring twice in the first 30 mins through Alex Revell; this was now 7 goals in 4 games for him and a second added by Mark Bradley made it a comfortable lead at half-time.
I changed the tactics in the second half from 4-3-3 to 4-2-3-1 with two dm's to try and shut the game out (as a trial tactic) but ended up conceding in the 53 min (after a ping-pong game infront of our net). The game was won but i'm not convinced by my change in tactic!!!!!!!

Football_League_Two.png

Oxford United 1 - 0 Rotherham United
Constable​

Not a good result, i had to rest a few players due to a hectic schedule..... i should have brought more players in as back-up.

Rotherham United 1
- 0 Shrewsbury Town
Revell​

Despite having majority of the posession and more clear cut chances than my opposistion i could not increase and secure the win. Alex Revell gave us the lead after 8 mins and we dominated through til half time. Second half Shrewsbury pressed us and created 5-1 in attempts on goal but Soderburg stayed strong and helped keep the three points.

Crewe Alexandra 0
- 3 Rotherham United​
Revell (x2)
Grabban
A cracker of a result away from home... Alex Revell and Lewis Grabban gave us a steady half time lead, we restricted Crewe to no shots on goal. The second half we continued the domination and scored a third through Alex Revell, we finished the game only giving Crewe 3 shots on goal and none on target.

Morecambe 0
- 2 Rotherham United
Foltym-Brown
Revell​

Morecambe were more than a threat to my early push for league dominance, Foltym-Brown scored after six minutes to mark his first start back in the side after 4 week injury. The tie was far from over and Morecambe pushed and created chances in the second half, there was a few close moments but we calmed the storm. A breakaway goal in the 89 min against the run of play from Revell secured a hard fought and perhaps underserving three points.
Current League Standings:​
Good Start to the campaign despite lack of squad depth, I have managed to grind out some important results and create a lot of goal scoring chances. Tom Foltym-Brown is a great find from the youth set-up with seven goals in six games, Troy Brown who i got back off loan has a 7.44 rating in 11 games and finally Alex Revell is on fire at the moment with 11 goals in 9 games and two MOTM.

Managers Player of the month August: Tom Foltym-Brown

Managers Player of the Month September: Alex Revell

Last edited:
images
Round Two
Rotherham United have been drawn a tough away fixture in round two as
they face league one promotion hopefulls Huddersfield town.

Asked by the media about their chances of progression the manager answered " We are having a good run in the cups lately and we fancy our chances of an upset although we do have a game against Everton first and this is our prority, so we will prepare for Huddersfield depending on the Everton result".

Last edited:
images

Rotherham United 0 - 2 Everton

The fairytale ends in the third round of the League Cup for the Millers after a valiant effort against fifth placed (Premier League)Everton. The Millers subdued their opponents in the first half and created a half chance but it was squandered by Gareth Evans, this was the only attempt on goal for Rotherham in this game. Half time was 0-0 and things looked positive but when Jelavic was left unchallenged in the 49 min and he despatched Evertons first goal, the second came on 79 mins through Leon Osman after Rotherham pushed for an equaliser playing with three forwards.

images

Youngster Michael Woods formerly of Chelsea has signed for Rotherham United on a two-and a half year deal. Woods did not make a senior appearence for Chelsea is excited by what he saw against Everton in mid-week and has turned down offers from Yeovil and Colchester to join the Millers.
images
Agony for Di Canio

images

Rotherham United 2 - 1 Swindon Town

By far the biggest three points of the season so far against promotion rivals Swindon Town with War of words were issued in the press conference fron Di Canio saying he didn't think Rotherham were promotion favourites. The match started at a frantic pace with Swindon scoring inside the first minute from a long ball to the target man approach. I changed to a less dirct approach and within 22 mins we was level with Mark Braddley scoring the equalizer. The secondhalf i pushed on and changed from 4-2-3-1 to 4-3-3 looking for more CCC, it took until the 87 min when a loose ball in midfield was picked up by Danny Schofield and he fed a beautiful through ball to Tom Foltym-Brown who rounded the keeper and secured the win.

Last edited:
I'm gonna be starting a new story when I get back from France I appreciate everyone who has subscribed to the thread and I will update soon..... I have been inspired by a local French club in cfa2 and by the castel di sangro story

Be back soon!

Last edited: