View attachment 125105

Leeds Vs Aston Villa
6th February, 2016.

View attachment 125104
View attachment 125103
View attachment 125100
We huffed, and we puffed and just when all seemed lost, Ashley Westwood popped up with his first goal of the season to give us a precious lead. Unfortunately it didnt last, despite absolutely dominating the match, Liam Bridcutt snatched a late equaliser.

View attachment 125099
Somehow, Newcastle lost and Norwich drew, meaning the title fight is closer than ever! Just three points seperate the top four!

View attachment 125090
Preston North End Vs Aston Villa
13th February, 2016.

View attachment 125089
View attachment 125088
View attachment 125086
The gulf in class between us and Preston was almost laughable as promotion chasers met rock bottom of the league. I stacked the side with pace, power and attacking intent and we blew them away, managing 20 shots compared to their 2 and bossing possession to boot. Credit to Ayew who adapted his position really well to play left wing.

View attachment 125085

View attachment 1080985

February Review

Results

View attachment 125069
Too many draws this month for it to be considered successful but an unbeaten month keeps us in with a shout.

Table

View attachment 125068
Our game in hand could be oh so important by the end of the season but what has really been surprising is the drop off from Newcastle. All of a sudden Derby are looking really good and even Wolves have burst on to the scene and are challenging for that automatic promotion place.

Next months fixtures

View attachment 125067
What a month. Games against Wolves and Norwich away from home while we welcome Newcastle to Villa Park. It all comes down to this.

Player of the month

View attachment 125066
Kelechi Iheanacho has been in inspired form since joining us in January and has brought fresh energy to a tiring forward line. His goals have kept us going and taken a huge load of pressure off of Jordan Ayew.

View attachment 125063

Wolves Vs Aston Villa
1st March, 2016.

View attachment 125062
View attachment 125061
View attachment 125060
Despite the best efforts of an old friend, we pulled out a MASSIVE win against Wolves in the midlands derby. Ross McCormack fired Wolves into an early lead with a great finish from a tight angle, but Kelechi decided that once again he would take matters into his own hands. Another brace for the young man late on in the game flipped the whole match on its head and for the 2nd game in a row, Iheanacho is single handedly keeping us in the promotion race. Even a late appearance from another former player, Rudy Gestede couldnt salvage anything for Wolves.

View attachment 125059

View attachment 125058

Aston Villa Vs Newcastle
4th March, 2016.

View attachment 125057
View attachment 1080999
View attachment 125056
Two big games, two wins! another massive one today as we take a massive step towards promotion with a wonderful performance against Newcastle. Kelechi Iheanacho got us off to the perfect start with a goal in the 2nd minute that was cruelly taken away from him and given as an own goal. Matty James doubled our lead mid way through the half and Newcastle had no answer.

View attachment 125055

View attachment 125033
Norwich Vs Aston Villa
12th March, 2016.

View attachment 125032
View attachment 125031
View attachment 125030
This managing stuff isnt doing my heart any good. An absolutely crucial win against Norwich, even if it was a little closer than I would have liked. Despite being 3-0 up, we found ourselves at 3-2 with 10 minutes left defending for our lives. Albert Adomah needs to take the credit for this victory, he has exploded back on to the scene and has put us right back at the top.

View attachment 125029
Also need to make a massive shout-out to Kelechi Iheanacho who bagged two assists today. He has completely saved our season and his stats are just incredible. 9 appearances, 8 goals, 6 assists, 2 Player of the match and an average rating of 8.07 shows just how he has displaced the undroppable Jordan Ayew in the side.

View attachment 125016

Birmingham Vs Aston Villa
19th March, 2016.

View attachment 125015
View attachment 125014
View attachment 125013
A huge derby win to get us back to winning ways! Birmingham actually played really well and probably deserved something from the game, but it appears we are hard to break down and hard to beat which is a positive sign. Adomah and Iheanacho both score to continue their red hot form.

View attachment 125012
Even better news is that Derby and Newcastle both drew and Norwich lost! leaving us 5 points clear inside the automatic promotion places and only one point behind leaders Derby!

I'm really enjoying this story! Keep it up dude!

View attachment 125007

Aston Villa Vs Brentford
28th March, 2016.

View attachment 125006
View attachment 125005
View attachment 125004
I found myself facing a selection nightmare ahead of this game! Jordan Ayew, Kelechi Iheanacho and Albert Adomah were all still on international duty! With Jedinaks injury this was going to severely disrupt the core of the team. The bigger problem however is that Ayew and Iheanacho are our only two recognised strikers. Do we play strikerless? play somebody out of position? No. I decided to give academy youngster Rushian Hepburn-Murphy a run out and he actually played quite well, assisting Matty James' equaliser. Considering the selection dramas I am quite happy with this point, especially as Derby only drew as well.

View attachment 125003
Norwich and Newcastle both win to close the gap and I have learned a serious lesson. Two strikers is not enough for a squad, even if you only play one up front.

View attachment 1081069

March Review

Results

View attachment 125002
A really strange month, but the most important thing is that we are entering the final furlong and we are still very much in the race, this is what it has all come down to. Wins against Wolves, Newcastle and Norwich were MASSIVE but then we dropped points to Fulham, Burton and Brentford.

Table

View attachment 125001
Six games to go and it couldnt be tighter. Four points separate the top four and there is only room for two of us to go up automatically. At the other end of things Preston and Rotherham are pretty much gone, leaving Wigan, Bristol City, Burton and Barnsley to scrap over the last place.

Final Fixtures

View attachment 125000
And these are our final fixtures. Clubs from both ends of the table, fighting for their very lives. This is what the whole season has been about.

Player of the month

View attachment 124999
Our midfield powerhouse Matty James has been superb this month, picking up 3 goals for us. This choice is a controversial one, as Albert Adomah has been absolutely amazing but he is just pipped to the post by the stability that this lad brings to the side.