Riera hits out at Benitez

The word doing the rounds was that he'd been suspended and he'll be out soon. Some in the Sandon were saying his missus is Russian and that he may have already been in talks with Russian teams 'unofficially' and this is to try and force a move now rather than wait til summer.

If Riera does go, then i think we would get about £12 Million for him and if he does go, i don't think we'll get rid of Babel, cause i think he will put the funds towards a new striker.

He has already signed a new striker on a free Jonvanic I believe
and reports I heard was that Aquilani had a virus thats why he didnt play, but did anyone notice after watching Aquilani play extremely well against Pompey last time out Lucas effectively emulated him and really pushed for a start at United. I was leaning more toward Aquilani starting till today

You can almost guarantee though that if we sell him to a Russian club that babel and Rodriguez will get injured. Team played well tonight things looking positive for beating Man U on sunday.

I agree Mr T Lucas was awesome today would prefer him to play like that more often, Aquilani seems to suffer alot of viruses. Yes Jovanovic comes in the summer transfer window, hopefully we can bring in a decent left back and a quality winger. Wouldn't mind seeing Cavalieri being sold with a English keeper being brought in as backup to help get around the 8 English player rule.

Also off topic, how fit is Cavalieri`s wife!

Last edited:
Pretty ****** of N'Gog did not have much of a run out.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8574001.stm

I thought Riera was pretty good for them last season. But just as Ryan Babel shows form he doesn't-though he only played two games since January.
This proves Rafa has POOR MAN-MANAGEMENT. Sir Alex Ferguson gets the best out of his players by discipline but also giving them chances like he has done to Nani and Berbatov.
Sunday's match looks to be very fiesty.

Rafa Benitez-what a plonker!!
This is one person's opinion,Riera,who is a tool of a player-there's no definite proof,at all.
If you're saying Nani and Berbatov are currently maxed out because of Fergie,then Fergie's bought the wrong players ;)

He has already signed a new striker on a free Jonvanic I believe
and reports I heard was that Aquilani had a virus thats why he didnt play, but did anyone notice after watching Aquilani play extremely well against Pompey last time out Lucas effectively emulated him and really pushed for a start at United. I was leaning more toward Aquilani starting till today

Lucas has been drifting regularly into the channels all season mate. Tonight it just showed more I guess because he won the penalty and it was so early.

It's been confirmed by Dave Usher on TLW that Riera slapped Pacheco while training with the reserves a few weeks back and was sent home (Usher says that it might have been a deserved slapping as Pacheco wasn't passing the ball to others). That may be what he's on about by saying Rafa froze him out, would also explain why he got so shifty when he was asked if he knew the reason. Another factor could be that if he hands in a transfer request then he loses his 'loyalty' payment from Liverpool, which he'll get if the club put him on the transfer list.

Well shut of him after this.

If he goes Babel is gonna play more so that's win win situation. Riera is da person that kicked out Babel out of squad but Babel is back to squad.

Babel's determination,drive and overall performance's of the last few matches warrant his place.Shame for Riera i thought he WOULD'VE played on sunday :p

he was **** at city, how can he do anything at liverpool? is he any good?

Its been very interesting reading this thread with all of your opinions on Reira and the man management of Reira and Babel.
I have to admit if Reira has said this he is the biggest PLANK known to man. If he wasn't playing already he isn't gonna play now! And i have always liked Babel as an impact player for Liverpool but i do think he deserves a chance in the side to prove his worth, as really for how much he was bought for, and the potential that he came with he should have played a lot more by now.

Will be interesting to see how this develops