Rio Ferdinand loses privacy case

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 55
  • Views Views 4K
No. All United players cheat on their wives. All Chelsea players **** each others wives. All Sunderland players are rapists. All Liverpool players beat their wives.

Simple.

hur hur hur

One of the requirements when you go pro I guess.

Just curious, just seems like there is some sexual frustration in the United dressing room. ;)

And the lesson here is; yeah it's aright to cheat on your wife with as many people as you want, but refuse to play for your team!? YOU ARE SCUM OF DA EARTH! [I sound like I'm joking along with you guys here but seriously, which is worse.. Jeez]

One of the requirements when you go pro I guess.

You try to hard.

And the lesson here is; yeah it's aright to cheat on your wife with as many people as you want, but refuse to play for your team!? YOU ARE SCUM OF DA EARTH! [I sound like I'm joking along with you guys here but seriously, which is worse.. Jeez]

You try to hard.

Wish he'd stop.

Personally I'm not fussed on a footballers private life, unless it directly impacts on the his or the clubs game.

People cheat, its not cool, but it happens. Whether your a prince, a media mogul, a businessman or the guy down the street, it happens. But only with footballers do we seem to wring our hands and castigate them

Wish he'd stop.

Personally I'm not fussed on a footballers private life, unless it directly impacts on the his or the clubs game.

People cheat, its not cool, but it happens. Whether your a prince, a media mogul, a businessman or the guy down the street, it happens. But only with footballers do we seem to wring our hands and castigate them

Footballers don't have a private life, you should have realised that by now.

Well I don't particularly care either, but how is Tevez the most hated person in football compared to some of the stupid **** others do. But yeah I know I'd be fighting a losing battle on here so whatever.

Well I don't particularly care either, but how is Tevez the most hated person in football compared to some of the stupid **** others do. But yeah I know I'd be fighting a losing battle on here so whatever.

I agree with you. Cheating on someone is a lot more hurtful to someone, than refusing to play a game.

Perhaps therein lies the problem. Anyway Rio will be reaping whatever he sows, so its on his head

Cant speak for anyone else, for me its just the worst incident in a long line of ridiculousness from him, starting from Corinthians

To be fair to the wife....it's not like Rio is some kind of *** symbol either lol. :D

But yeah, looks like a woman who does a job in the kitchen, but not sure about the bedroom.

But something is wrong with footballers nowdays if banging Cheryl Cole isn't enough to satisfy the needs.

And why is all these cheating cases lately by United? Rooney, Giggs and now Rio. Coincidence?

Being an expert on male *** symbols that you are..

You make an excellent point, to which I can't come up with a straightforward answer. I guess I don't care about what they do off the field, so long as they behave themselves on it. I guess I feel most footballer's marriages are not quite 'shams' as such, but rather extremely manufactured: the man is rich, and thus attractive to the woman. The woman is fit, and thus attractive to the man. It's something so out of line with what normal, average joes like you or me have for relationships that we can't really understand it. On the other hand, a man not going in to work when he's being paid for it? Everyone can understand why that's bad.

I'm rather tying myself up in knots in this, but I think that's why the majority of people care more about Tevez not playing than another footballer cheating. As for myself (and I'd hope I was a tad more informed than your regular Sun-reading dude) I'm finding it hard to justify disliking Tevez more than Ferdinand due to what you just pointed out. This calls for some srs thinkin'.

You make an excellent point, to which I can't come up with a straightforward answer. I guess I don't care about what they do off the field, so long as they behave themselves on it. I guess I feel most footballer's marriages are not quite 'shams' as such, but rather extremely manufactured: the man is rich, and thus attractive to the woman. The woman is fit, and thus attractive to the man. It's something so out of line with what normal, average joes like you or me have for relationships that we can't really understand it. On the other hand, a man not going in to work when he's being paid for it? Everyone can understand why that's bad.

I'm rather tying myself up in knots in this, but I think that's why the majority of people care more about Tevez not playing than another footballer cheating. As for myself (and I'd hope I was a tad more informed than your regular Sun-reading dude) I'm finding it hard to justify disliking Tevez more than Ferdinand due to what you just pointed out. This calls for some srs thinkin'.

No one bothers to actually consider what the relationship is like. Rio could be miserable in his relationship and wanted a way out, or his wife could be miserable and never interested in being with him, but won't leave because hey, he's filthy rich. It's only natural for frustrations like that to boil over into affairs - and those frustrations will exist in so many celebrity marriages because of the exceptional circumstances they occur.

Perhaps therein lies the problem. Anyway Rio will be reaping whatever he sows, so its on his head

Well, considering what he's 'sowing', he'll be reaping ******* children!

No one bothers to actually consider what the relationship is like. Rio could be miserable in his relationship and wanted a way out, or his wife could be miserable and never interested in being with him, but won't leave because hey, he's filthy rich. It's only natural for frustrations like that to boil over into affairs - and those frustrations will exist in so many celebrity marriages because of the exceptional circumstances they occur.

Well yeah, though frankly if Rio thinks the best way of curing being miserable is going out and ******* some random bimbo whilst he's still married he deserves everything he gets from the media.

Well yeah, though frankly if Rio thinks the best way of curing being miserable is going out and ******* some random bimbo whilst he's still married he deserves everything he gets from the media.

It's not to do with curing being miserable. If he wants to pursue new relationships in the proper way, then it's pretty much a given that he's going to hand over 50% of what he owns for the privilege. Not that I'm condoning it, but it's not as simple as "zomgz how stupid can f00tballers be so much monies and they do dat!?!! BURN AT DA STAKE!!!!"

Now he's going to have to put up with the media and hand over that 50%

It's not to do with curing being miserable. If he wants to pursue new relationships in the proper way, then it's pretty much a given that he's going to hand over 50% of what he owns for the privilege. Not that I'm condoning it, but it's not as simple as "zomgz how stupid can f00tballers be so much monies and they do dat!?!! BURN AT DA STAKE!!!!"

You're not condoning him having an affair, yet you seem to be claiming that the only way he can have a relationship without forking over half his worldly possessions is... having an affair. Frank Lampard (who is a cut above your average mong of a footballer, intelligence wise) is going out with Christine Bleakley: they're not married, and neither are having affairs. If footballers were just a bit less stupid then they wouldn't need to hand over their money or risk the tabloids splashing their cheating all over the front pages. If they actually thought with their brains rather than their dicks most of this could be avoided.

Admittedly, it is a hard situation. Most of the possible women they could meet only want to marry them so they can get their hands on the money, but hey. If they tried harder to sort out the golddiggers from the rest, then they could actually make a decision, maybe enter a relationship with a woman they like rather than just jumping on the **** of the nearest one. But no, they're too **** stupid to see that.

Last edited:
You're not condoning him having an affair, yet you seem to be claiming that the only way he can have a relationship without forking over half his worldly possessions is... having an affair. Frank Lampard (who is a cut above your average mong of a footballer, intelligence wise) is going out with Christine Bleakley: they're not married, and neither are having affairs. If footballers were just a bit less stupid then they wouldn't need to hand over their money or risk the tabloids splashing their cheating all over the front pages. If they actually thought with their brains rather than their dicks most of this could be avoided.

Liking the debate you and joel are having, makes a difference to the hang them at dawn approach we always see.

To answer your point, it isnt just footballers who need to be less stupid, its people in general. We just see it footballers more becuase they are in the public eye

Back