RIP all the innocent who has died in Connecticut

Thanks again to the ignorant American mentality, they still don't feel that they should make guns illegal. RIP to all the victims, such a tragedy.

Way to treat the citizens of one of the biggest nations on Earth as one homogeneous entity.

The mentality in Switzerland and America is completely different. Most people in Switzerland are wealthy and have a good life, when in America it's opposite. Their lifes are often more a fight of survival. The social system is very different to that of the USA. You have to take that in mind. In the USA they are gun *****, while they in the Switzerland can control they desire.

Ah, now we're getting into 'what ifs'. You previously said 'give a mad man a gun and he'll do mad things'. Somehow, I don't think that there are any more mad people per capita in America than Switzerland.

One interesting thing to note about this case was that the suspected shooter was actually pretty well off. He lived in a good neighbourhood in Connecticut, and lived with his mother, who cared for him well. Hardly a 'fight for survival'. So, taking this in mind, as you suggested, we find that you still don't really have a good argument past 'AMERICUH DUM AMIRITE GUISE?'.

Way to treat the citizens of one of the biggest nations on Earth as one homogeneous entity.

Ah, now we're getting into 'what ifs'. You previously said 'give a mad man a gun and he'll do mad things'. Somehow, I don't think that there are any more mad people per capita in America than Switzerland.

One interesting thing to note about this case was that the suspected shooter was actually pretty well off. He lived in a good neighbourhood in Connecticut, and lived with his mother, who cared for him well. Hardly a 'fight for survival'. So, taking this in mind, as you suggested, we find that you still don't really have a good argument past 'AMERICUH DUM AMIRITE GUISE?'.

I'd hazard a guess there's a huge difference.

But I cba waging in on any debate, so i'll just say nothing.

Nothing.

Making guns illegal will not do a thing to stop this happening. People will always find a means to an end to get what they want-by whatever means necessary.

It might stop some sad loner with no friends and too much Marilyn Manson music on the brain waking up one morning, going into his dad's bedside draw, taking his handgun and going on a rampage. No it won't stop gun crime and you will still get maniacs but why make it so easy for them?

Even as a somewhat libertarian I believe there should be gun control. Sure, I get the argument that it's psychopathic people and not guns killing these people, but making it so much easier for psychopaths to attain guns makes it so much easier for them to do much more damage.

It might stop some sad loner with no friends and too much Marilyn Manson music on the brain waking up one morning, going into his dad's bedside draw, taking his handgun and going on a rampage. No it won't stop gun crime and you will still get maniacs but why make it so easy for them?

To be honest I genuinally have no idea how hard it is over there right now to obtain them. But from what I have read/heard I assumed it was made much tougher to obtain firearms? That's what I was told anyway.

The Columbine killers went bowling, before they committed their infamous atrocity.

Does that mean bowling is bad too?

I listen to heavy metal, rock and punk and yet I've never killed anybody.

Anyway RIP to those who lost their lives. Very tragic, and so close to Christmas as well :(

Oh well. If you can sell guns legally to people with mental problems, I guess you should reassess your law. In Switzerland they at least prevent that.

On my first point, it seems that the American is one homogeneous entity since even the Democrats keeps supporting the right to carry guns. Why should I have respect for stupidity? The Americans wouldn't even have saved our *** in WW2, if Germany didn't declare war on the USA. The Marshallplan was not an act of solidarity, it was simply a way of stimulating the markets of the USA through export to the Europe. I have nothing against America or Americans, but this law is obsolete. There is no longer any frontier movement, there are no longer any Indians attacking you in your prairiefarm. Tell me why it's necessary for civilians to own a gun?

Oh well. If you can sell guns legally to people with mental problems, I guess you should reassess your law. In Switzerland they at least prevent that.

On my first point, it seems that the American is one homogeneous entity since even the Democrats keeps supporting the right to carry guns. Why should I have respect for stupidity? The Americans wouldn't even have saved our *** in WW2, if Germany didn't declare war on the USA. The Marshallplan was not an act of solidarity, it was simply a way of stimulating the markets of the USA through export to the Europe. I have nothing against America or Americans, but this law is obsolete. There is no longer any frontier movement, there are no longer any Indians attacking you in your prairiefarm. Tell me why it's necessary for civilians to own a gun?

SOME Democrats (again, not all) support the right to carry arms because it is literally written into the country's constitution. It is part of their national identity.

Do I have to be the one who points out America declared war on Germany first? The Americans supported Allied troops, and frankly it was only a matter of time before they got involved. But that's irrelevant anyway, and I don't know why you brought it up past simple America-bashing. The right to bear arms is obsolete simply because there's no common enemy? That's not how some people see it. Some people see it as a restriction of personal freedom, and even though I think gun laws are necessary I totally see where they are coming from and support their cause to an extent. America is a unique nation, and whether it's necessary or not for civilians to own a gun, the fact that the majority of them deem it necessary for them to have THE RIGHT (whether they exercise it or not) to own a gun doesn't make them stupid. It makes them protective of their liberties, for better or for worse.

I'm not even a supporter of legalising firearms for the mass public, but I find this whole witchhunt of guns to be just a little fishy. Perhaps people should stop complaining about America's gun availability, and instead start complaining about the lack of mental care availability. I stand by my statement that there's no more mad (in the strictest sense of mental disability, before we exaggerating) people per capita in America than anywhere else, availability of guns notwithstanding. The thing that separates America from the rest is that mental care is so backwards in the States compared to other nations. As you said, 'give a mad man a gun and he will do mad things'. Perhaps, instead of focussing on the gun aspect of that, Americans could try to focus on the 'mad man' aspect of it?

Pretty sure people live in the wild still, go hunting etc. There is more to this than just gun control, country needs a cutural shift on how it views guns. That being said. No one needs to buy 24 assualt rifles and 300,000 rounds of ammunition.

Pretty sure people live in the wild still, go hunting etc. There is more to this than just gun control, country needs a cutural shift on how it views guns. That being said. No one needs to buy 24 assualt rifles and 300,000 rounds of ammunition.

I might, considering my shooting on BF3.

fishhunter,as has been stated by myself, people who have been committed for mental treatment cannot legally own guns. But that won't stop you from making up arguments in order to slate 'murica.....syou just proved my previous post in this thread. good day

Says you.
Never know when those pesky Redcoats will invade again... best be prepared. ;)

I was listening to an american pro gun campaigner yesterday these are 2 things he said.

- 'we shouldn't debate gun control in light of an incident'

- 'guns don't kill people, people do'

I almost smashed the TV, i CANT UNDERSTAND THESE F..KING IDIOTS.

1 - yes we should discuss gun control in light of these incidents. a young guy was able to take a legal military weapon into a school and kill innocent students.....

2. FOR ***** SAKE......... PEOPLE WITH GUNS KILL PEOPLE........