RIP Chester and Farsley

this should not be happing this is were the big clubs should help out to stop small clubs going under

I can see a few more clubs going under if things dont change really soon.

I can see a few more clubs going under if things dont change really soon.

Cardiff and Southend could be next. If they go to high court next time and they cannot pay off their debt they will be gone.

Chester applying for that welsh league is not true regarding a spokesmen who talked to Sky Sports News last night.

Seing as it says enquired not applied. This man said they would not be joining a welsh league.

Lol are you serious? They enquired about joining the league, yes, but was unlikely due to the fact they need a FAW domestic license and the deadline was soon.. I wasn't trying to even prove you wrong, I just wanted to post a link to the story..

Doesn't matter. If I was a fan of Chester I would rather see them in existence in a county division than not in existence at all. Sometimes football is about supporting a team and not caring if that team is particularly succesfull.

The fans wanted them wound up because of the chap who owns the club (who actually isn't meant to still own it - he's one of the few to fail a fit and proper person test as he got banned from being a director in any business due to being found guilty of VAT fraud while a director at a rugby league club).

Not sure how much is allowed to be said, but Vaughan has some interesting links and a very interesting past in both football and other sports. He's a great example of how the ownership rules are a total joke.

The only way the fans could get control out of his hands was for it to be liquidated and for them to start a phoenix club. Good luck to them.

Does anybody know what's happening to the stadium?

I really liked Chester and it's so sad to see them go down.

Bad week for Cheshire Football (Chester, Big K):'(

Soo far nothing. When Chester reform they are going to be talking to their council on having the stadium

Okay sorry I should have been more clearer, I mean who owns the stadium now? I read that when the current Chester chairman left Barrow A.F.C he tried to claim ownership of the stadium, this could happen here?

Okay sorry I should have been more clearer, I mean who owns the stadium now? I read that when the current Chester chairman left Barrow A.F.C he tried to claim ownership of the stadium, this could happen here?

Chester's stadium is owned by Chester council. They've got eviction proceedings already started to evict the Vaughan family from the facilities and have promised that they'll be looking to have community based football there.

The old stadium (Sealand Road) was split from the club by another owner who took them into administration about a decade ago and sold for an out of town shopping development. City council eventually stepped in with a cheap build stadium on a peppercorn rent a few minutes down the road because Chester had ended up playing their 'home' games at Macclesfield (IIRC).

I was really looking forward to Farsley coming to Blyth on tuesday so that saves me some money :p I could see maybe Glocester going the same way as they are also in trouble.

I loved Chester. I used to play on Football Manager a lot and it was amazing fun. Its a shame they no longer exist. Soon we'll see them again.

All Chester needed was just short of 27k. If 3 premier league clubs donated 9k each Chester would still be here :/

yeah I will really miss them thats what my account stands for CCFC = Chester City Football club
the CFU = city fans united are doing they are trying to reform a new club there new name will be chester football club. You can join the cfu for 5 pound click on the link.http://http://www.cityfansunited.com/join-online.html
Thx to anyone who joins or supports us!!

that website is an Epic Fail. It's in code XD