W4NKER

Reaction score
View attachment 300618

With the exception of possibly San Marino, the Andorran league is the lowest national league in Europe. Just like the national team, most Andorran clubs are hammered on a regular basis when they enter European competitions. Can this be changed? Can an Andorran club ever achieve the impossible - to join, and beat, the European elite? We shall see...

Goals:

- Promotion from the Andorran Second Division (Achieved 2013)
- Win the First Division (Achieved 2015)
- Win the Andorran Cup (Achieved 2019)
- Win the Andorran Super Cup (Achieved 2015)
- Reach the Group Stages of the Europa League (Achieved 2020)
- Win the Europa League
(Runners-up 2033)
- Reach the Group Stages of the Champions League
(Achieved 2026)
- Win the Champions League
- Be appointed national team manager
- Qualify for European Championship
- Qualify for World Cup
- Win European Championship
- Win the World Cup

(I'll highlight each goal when/if its achieved)

Of course, the likes of winning the Champions League/World Cup may seem impossible, in theory (with the league enhancement feature in FM) these should eventually be achievable waaaaaaay into the future.

Please follow/like/comment. Wish me luck.

Last edited:
And so we begin...

The second division of the Andorran league system. Does it get any lower?? Rather than start unemployed I allowed the game to pick a random team for me and so I take charge of Casa Benfica, no affiliation to the Benfica of Portugal unfortunately as I could have maybe loaned some players!

CLUB INFO

View attachment 300633View attachment 300634View attachment 300635View attachment 300636

KEY PLAYERS

View attachment 300631View attachment 300632

World beaters!!

As you can see not much to work with but hopefully we can produce one or two youngsters in the first couple of seasons.

*As the Andorran leagues are short (1st Div = 14 games, 2nd Div = 18 games) I'll just post my progress at the halfway stage then an end of season update. I should progress through seasons very quickly!

what is the league enhancment feature? league rep?
Yea, not sure of its exact name. I tried a similar challenge in FM10 but the league reputation could only ever go so far on the older versions

Season One - Part One

2012/13

Results

View attachment 300641

Table

View attachment 300640

We made a blistering start to the campaign and have already opened up a massive lead at the top! All the more remarkable considering we don't have one single striker on our books.

Squad

View attachment 300642

National Team

2-2 v Singapore (FR)

0-2 v Hungary (WCQ)

1-2 v Holland (WCQ)

0-4 v Estonia (WCQ)

0-3 v Romania (WCQ)

0-2 v Finland (FR)

Unbelievably they took the lead against the Dutch but were quickly pegged back. It'll be several years before we see any notable improvement in the national team. I'm not in charge of them yet so hopefully when I do eventually get the job in the future the talent available to me when have improved.

Go On! You can do it, this look very interesting. Good luck mate!

I'll be following. Where did you get Andorran league?

Season One - Part Two

2012/13

CASA BENFICA PROMOTED!!

View attachment 300669

We maintained the pace we set early on and comfortably got promoted as Second Division champions. That's one of the goals achieved (see first post)

View attachment 300670

In the Cup we got knocked out in the quarter final by the team that finished 3rd in the First Division so we can't be overly disappointed. We'll win it eventually!

View attachment 300671

Elsewhere, Santa Coloma won the First Division going unbeaten and will lead the Andorran assault on Europe next year.

View attachment 300668

*Coming up: Our first batch of youth players

THE NEXT STARS!?!?

The first set of youth prospects have arrived at training. Given the state of Andorran football every youngster should become a regular member of my first team squad soon enough. In fact the new youth players have effectively double my squad size as we only operated with 18 players last season and often couldn't even fill the bench!

The Kids

View attachment 300677

The Best of the Bunch

View attachment 300676View attachment 300678View attachment 300679

Illan and Lasarte will go straight into the first team as they are already better than my current first choices.

LASARTE THE TRAITOR!!!

Possibly the best player to come through the youth ranks in the summer turned down a contract with us and joined First Division rivals Encamp. Gutted!

On the plus side we turned semi-professional over the summer and can now offer players a whopping £5 a week to come play for us!

View attachment 300682

have you released the andorran leagues ?
would love to have a go at this ?

This could be so epic. How many seasons do you think before you can challenge the european big boys?

This could be so epic. How many seasons do you think before you can challenge the european big boys?
Loads! lol Hopefully I can get into the Euro qualifying rounds soon and get some tv/money which I'll immediately put into improving youth facilities. Once good quality players arrive we can really kick on.

It is entirely possible. I had an Irish league save and after a few seasons of doing the above we qualified for the Champs Lge group stages on a regular basis.

Once you get into it the first time the tv and prize money is so massive (about £3-5m) that we can improve the training facilities enormously

Season Two - Part One

2013/14

Results

View attachment 300792

League

View attachment 300791

A pretty solid if unspectacular start to our life in the top division. Our home form is good but will need to look into our away set-up. Progress in the Cup as well which may be our easiest and quickest way into Europe.

National Team

0-2 v Austria (FR)

1-5 v Hungary (WCQ)

1-2 v Turkey (WCQ)

0-2 v Ukraine (FR)

1-1 v N.Ireland (FR)

0-3 v Holland (WCQ)

1-1 v Estonia (WCQ)

0-4 v Turkey (WCQ)

0-4 v Romania (WCQ)

0-7 v Chile (FR)

Deary me! I'm not looking forward to managing the national team in the future. At least the draws against N.Ireland and Estonia are small signs of improvement.

Season Two - Part Two

2013/14

CUP HEARTACHE!

Andorran Cup

1st Round

e2-1 v Lusitans B

2nd Round
4-0 v Extremenya

Quarter Final
e2-1 v Santa Coloma

Semi Final
3-0 v UE Santa Coloma

FINAL

0-1e v Sant Julia

View attachment 300807

Devastating! So close to a famous Cup win and certain qualification for the Europa League qualifying stages.

League Table and Results

View attachment 300804

View attachment 300806

Casa Benfica qualify for Europa League!

View attachment 300805

We finished the season unbeaten and managed to qualify for Europe via our league position. Can we make it past the first round??

EUROPEAN ROAD TRIP??
Eh, no! Our Europa League adventure was as you would expect - short and not-so-sweet. We drew Rudar from Montenegro. With internationals in their team we stood little chance.

1st Leg

Casa Benfica 0 v 1 Rudar

2nd Leg

Rudar 5 v 0 Casa Benfica

We gave a decent account of ourselves at home in front of our biggest ever crowd but the gulf in class showed in the return leg.

The initial years in Europe will be all about increasing finances and reinvesting in our youth and training facilities and so it proved. Step One towards top class facilities!

View attachment 300829

Of our current crop of youngsters two stand out.

View attachment 300830View attachment 300831

great story mate :) just out of interest did you ever consider taking over the Andorran team who play in the Spanish leagues and are in a similar situation to San Marino?