Transfers and Preseason

So lets start with the transfers as usual since its my favourite part of the season. The players leaving the club are as follows: Kyriakos Papadopoulos leaves for West Brom for £7.5 million as he was on very high wages and was only ever going to be a back up player. Nasri moves on to Stuttgart for £10 million as again was only going to be a back up player this season so not a bad profit considering he only played for the second half of the season. Bobby Woo Joins Bournemouth for £10 million as again he was on high wages and was going to be 4th choice. There were a number of other players leaving but they were all for under £4 million each.

Now for the players in:

Mickael Cuisance

View attachment 28013

He joins from Borussia M'gladbach for £7.75 million as he was transfer listed and will be a key player in midfield going forward.

Pelayo Morilla

View attachment 28012
Joins from Sporing Gijon for £2.6 million. He will be back up to Holtby with eventually taking over from him hopefully by the end of the season.

David Costas

View attachment 28011
Joins from Celta Vigo for £575,000 and will be a good back up option for the CB's

Jesus Vallejo

View attachment 28010
Joins from Real Madrid for £7.5 million and will be a key player going forward for years to come and will make picking 2 CB's tough

Rene Adler

View attachment 28007
Joins from Mainz for £800,000 and will be coming in as a back up GK and also add a bit of experience to the squad.

Sandro Tonali

View attachment 28006
The pre-arranged transfer from last season and will be joining Cuisance as a key midfielder going forward

Fabrice Hartmann

View attachment 28005
We take a punt on Hartmann who joins from RB Leipzig for £6 million. Trying to bring in another German for the home grown rules but if he reaches his potential then he should be a bargain.

View attachment 28004
Pre-Season

View attachment 28003
A bit of a mixed bag here with losing to Leicester and Bayer but a win over Chelsea and a draw with Manchester City give us hope for this season for achieving my goal of being mid-table.

The board have similar expectations as well with me agreeing a mid-table finish with them while agreeing my budgets

View attachment 28002

The press reckon we can go even further though and expect us to finish 6th in the league which would see us get European football next season. Bayern are still expected to win the league even though they finished down in 5th last season

View attachment 28001
Let the games begin and this will be my starting XI when all fit

View attachment 28000

Last edited:
Great read.
Followed your Sunderland journey which I was disappointed when ended.
I too started a new save as I grew tired of the lack of transfer availability on the Sunderland save.

started a career with Stoke.
Signed Arp and the right back from HSV whose name I am still trying come to terms with.

Also so signed Tonali who looks a great signing straight away.

Good read - good luck for season x

August

German Cup 1st Round
Westfalia Rhynern v HSV

View attachment 27918
Business as usual in this game and see's a number of new players make their debuts for the club and Tonali even manages to get on the score sheet. Marin gets and excellent hat-trick off the left wing as well.

HSV v SC Paderbon

View attachment 27916
We start the season against another of the promoted teams and its a hard game but new signing Hartmann get the only goal of the game to get us off to a fantastic start to the season with 3 points.

So August also comes with the end of the transfer window which has sadly seen us sell Lewis Holtby to Mainz 05 for £10 million. He was unhappy we had rejected a previous offer which had caused unrest in the squad so let him go when we were given a decent offer.

We then reinvested the full amount in signing a replacement. We have splashed the cash on Lovro Majer from Dinamo

View attachment 27911
In my opinion at 21 he already looks a better player than Holtby and hopefully he can push on and become even better in the years to come.

We also spent £3.5 million on a young Italian defender from Brescia who looks like he will be the next big defender of Italian football. Giuseppe Ignaccolo will hopefully be sent out on loan for first team football next season since he doesn't turn 17 until March.

View attachment 27908
Also on the international front our young Japanese regen Watau Yamamoto has now decided to declare for Germany now.

In the division we are well behind Bayern on the wages spent every year as we are down in 13th.

View attachment 27906View attachment 27905
View attachment 27904

League Table

View attachment 27907

September

Schalke 04 v HSV

View attachment 27855
A tough defeat to take as I feel we should of got a point from this game but against a tough team in the division I will take a 1-0 loss

HSV v Hertha BSC

View attachment 27854
3 late goals in the final 10 minutes. Arp opens the scoring through a VAR given goal as they thought he was offside and we secure the 3 points and to bounce back from the defeat.

1. FC Nurnberg v HSV

View attachment 27853
Uduokhai getting on the score sheet for both teams before Eggestein comes on as a late sub to secure the 3 points.

HSV v FC Bayern

View attachment 27852
What a win against the biggest team in Germany. The game was even all over before they went down to 10 men. Majer gets his opening goal for the club and Arp shows he can get the goals against the big boys of the league.

RB Leipzig v HSV

View attachment 27851
Another great win against a big team and this time away from home. Trincao scored goal on his comeback from injury while Majer gets his second in 2 games and Vallejo gets his first goal for the club.

Month Overview

We start the month off with a defeat and then go from strength to strength and even end up with 5 goals against Bayern. This month we have managed to score 12 goals so hopefully we can kick on and outscore everybody as its going to be a big bit of my game play to ensure we walk away with points whenever I can.

Majer has been a revolution this month since signing, he has managed 2 goals and 4 assists in 4 games. Hopefully this run of form continues then he will take this team to the next level or we will sell him for a massive profit.

We will also be facing Dortmund at home in the 2nd round of the German cup which is going to be a really tough game.

League Table

View attachment 27850

Mate, give Tonali plenty of game time and he just gets better and better! 4 seasons into my Bournemouth save and he is worth £44 million!!! PSG are now starting to sniff round him and it seems they might be willing to pay his minimum fee release clause of £96 million, although I'd still be gutted to see him go if they do!

October

TSG Hoffenheim v HSV
View attachment 27781
A brilliant match with Santos getting a rare goal and Arp getting on the score sheet again to secure the win in the first half as the second half of the match was really boring and nothing much happened.

HSV v Borussia M'gladbach

View attachment 27780

Arp with the early goal for his second in two matches which is enough to get the win against the team that came third last season.

Vfl Wolfsburg v HSV

View attachment 27779
Well the opening 26 minutes brings us back down to earth with a bang here. We were lucky we managed to sort the problems after this as it could of been a lot worse.

German Cup 2nd Round
HSV v Borussia Dortmund

View attachment 27778
We take full advantage of the extra man from the off and get the lead in the 23rd minute before leaving it late to secure the win and to progress into the 3rd round.

Month Overview

We have a solid month with 2 wins and a defeat in the month which leaves us in a very confident position of second spot which is well above our expectations just now.

We will continue to push on and attack from the off which is proving difficult for a lot of teams to handle at the moment until they can figure us out.

In the cup we now progress to the third round to visit SpVgg Greuther Furth which should be a comfortable game and we can give a bit of rotation.

View attachment 27777

November
HSV v Borussia Dortmund

View attachment 27707

What a win against the champions last year to make it two wins in two games against Dortmund. They just couldn't handle Patrick Roberts down the wing as he bags a great hat-trick. Arp and Trincao round up the scoring to record a huge win.

SC Freiburg v HSV

View attachment 27717
We go behind early on but Vagnoman gets us back into the game here before Sanches bags us the 3 points to give us an important win.

HSV v FC Augsburg

View attachment 27716
Arp with an amazing hat-trick here even though the two penalties were both given after VAR reviews but who cares when he keeps banging them in. Sanches also gets on the score sheet for the second game in a row.

Eintracht Frankfurt v HSV

View attachment 27715
What to say about this game apart from it was a massive disappointment and we should of done better considering some of the teams we've beaten this season.

Month Overview

Its been another great month with plenty of goals scored. The only blemish being the defeat at the end of the month but we still manage to hold onto top spot of the table.

The team are really coming together now and pushing on in the league.

League Table

View attachment 27710

Last edited:
December

HSV v Mainz 05
View attachment 27683
Our second defeat in a row and we were undone by a stupid challenge in the box and we go down to a penalty.

Holstein Kiel v HSV

View attachment 27682
We leave it very late to get the win, 2 goals in the final 5 minutes against one of the weakest teams in the league they really made us work for it.

HSV v Bayer 04

View attachment 27681
What a win against one of the big 4 teams in Germany, they just couldn't cope with Majer who ran the show and had an amazing 9 minutes where he managed 4 goals before adding a 5th 5 minutes into the second half. He was unbelievable and has already become a club legend in my books as he gains the first 10.0 match rating of this save.

VfB Stuttgart v HSV

View attachment 27680
A fully rotated squad goes out here as the rest of them deserved a break. Who needs strikers when you have 2 full backs who can get both the goals for you.

SC Paderborn v HSV

View attachment 27679
Majer coming to the rescue to secure us a point against a team we really should be beating. Its a disappointing result to finish on for the winter break.

Month Overview

The highlight of the month has got to be the 8-0 win over Bayer 04. In that game Majer not only managed to score more goals than the man he replaced in his last season he also set up the 3 goals bypassing the number of assists Holtby had last season as well.

The rest of the month was ok as well as we maintain a 3 point lead at the top of the table as well.

League Table

View attachment 27678