Algenstein

Reaction score
After long time deciding, i have decided to have a story with League 1 Huddersfield Town, beacuse they have young and talented squad, capable to achieve something with propriet managment. This is my first FM story, so I hope I will do well.

Minimum expectation is top half finish, and i decided for that. They gave me 400k transfer budget and 49k wage budget. This is enough money to strenghten the team, which will be good enough to achieve even more.

I have just played pre season, and i will update it soon:)

Last edited:
Good luck mate, I recommend Simeon Jackson :)

Transfers:
IN:
Ritchie de Laet (loan)
Ben Mee (loan)
Jason Beardsley free
Rohan Ricketts free
Nathan Tyson 575k

OUT:
Chris Lucketti 10k
Linonel Ainsworth 150k
Tom Clarke 90k

i will post pre season later!

I have tried for Simeon Jackson, but they wanted too much, so i have decided for Nathan Tyson. So far so good.

Yes i know. I am not coming from England, so i dont know how fierce that rivals are, but i guess really fierce!

Pre season:
BARNET : HUDDERSFIELD 1:2 ( Roberts, Drinkwater)
I was 1:0 down until 83rd minute, and then 2 goals in 3 minutes. Good for 1st game.

KETTERING : HUDDERSFIELD 0:5 (Simpson 2, Robinson 2, Kay)
We have dominated the match and could won ever bigger. Theo Robinson was outstanding!

STIRLING : HUDDERSFIELD 1:1 (Simpson)
Offence had a day off. We have missed too many chances, but its great to see Robbie Simpson is banging them in. I am very pleased with his current form.

HUDDERSFIELD : COVENTRY CITY 2:1 (Robinson, Rhodes)
I was 1:0 down very early, but great counterfrom Theo gave us a momentum. Later than another counter with Rhodes finaly score! Since then we contoled the much without any real danger, defence was very good.

DUNDALK : HUDDERSFIELD 1:2 (Rhodes, Tyson)
Not such great game, but wa have won and thats all that count. 1st game, 1st goal for new signing Nathan Tyson.

GH ACADEMY : HUDDERSFIELD 0:4 (Simpson 2, Spencer, Goodwin)
Comfortable win with almost reserve squad. Simpson was great again!

WREXHAM : HUDDERSFIELD 0:3 (Tyson, Butler, Rhodes)
We have controled the game, and could have won even bigger margin. Tyson and Rhodes are gelling really well together.

So thast pre season. There were ups and downs, but we havent lost. The highlight was outstanding performance against Coventry City.

If u have any advices, please let me know:)

I will update start of the season tomorrow

Last edited:
So before the season, here is the next update. Terriers have signed veteran Paul Wotton for 65 k from Southampton. I have signed Wotton beacuse he can play either in DM or CB. He is also very good free kick taker which was the vital point to sign him.

Thats all for today.

So i will post about 1st game of the season.

SOUTHEND UNITED : HUDDERSFIELD 2:2 (Rhodes, Tyson)
We played well, scored on couner in 21. minute. Then we controled the game. In 59. minute Tyson scored for 2:0. But then it was all Southend. We have played well in defence, but Lee Barnard s great strike from edge of the area was unstoppable. In 93 minute Clarke made a big mistake and Lauent scored. It was great performance, but there is still some thing to do. Midfield is still weak.

I will update the rest of the month in the evening.

So i was unable to update it last night, so here comes update for 3 matches.

I sold Nathan Clarke to Coventry for 230k. He simply wasnt good enough for my squad. But i brought to the squad 27 years old Luka Elsner from Domžale.

MORECAMBE : HUDDERSFIELD 2.4 (Roberts, Tyson 2x, Rhodes) LEAGUE CUP 1 ROUND
We have dominated the match, but 2 errors by Nathan Clarke them gave them hope. It was 2:2 at half time, but second half was all about Tyson and Rhodes. We play Burnley in second round at Glapharm.

HUDDERSFIELD : SOUTHAMPTON 2:0 (Robinson, Wotton)
Firsth half was all about Southampton, but we have managed to retain goalless. In subed Tyson for Robinson and soon enough it proved for great sub. Robinson s header gave us a lead. We have dominated since and late free kick from Paul Wotton sealed this game. Great win for the boost.

HUDDERSFIELD : BRIGHTON 4.1 (Robinson, Wotton 2x, Rhodes)
Dominated the whole match. Robinson and Wotton were outstanding. Wotton has proved that he is top signing at the moment.

I have to mention that Ritchie De Laet is siply oustanding at the back. I am a bit dissapointed with Mee at the moment, but Skarz is very good at the moment so thats is good.

Last edited:
End of august update!

BRISTOL ROVERS : HUDDERSFIELD 0:4 (Tyson 3, Wotton)
Great away performance, our new signing has been great. Victory was very easy. de Laet and Butler are fantastic at the back so far so good. Happy with performance of the guys

BURNLEY : HUDDERSFIELD 3:0 LEAGUE CUP 2ND ROUND
We have played well, but early goal ruined all the tactics. Other 2 goals were very dubious decisions ( penalty, offside) but i wasnt really expecting anything from that game

HUDDERSFIELD : YEOVIL 1:4 (Tyson 2, Wotton, Rhodes)
Classy performance by the Terriers. We have dominated the whole match, Wotton unfortanetly scored own goal, but it was really unclucky. Tyson si immense for my team.

So we are sitting at the top of the table, 1 point against rivals Leeds. Big dissapoitment of the month is Charlton

I was also named manager of the month!

Nathan Tyson scooped Player of the Month award, Paul Wotton coming second.

I hope somebody is reading the story, beacuse is not nice to post updates without any feedbacks etc...! Cheers

I hope somebody is reading the story, beacuse is not nice to post updates without any feedbacks etc...! Cheers

yeahh it is annoyin, i know how you feel, but if your stories good enough then people will follow

It will take time for people to follow mate. Don't do what others do on this Forum and think if they do not have 50 replies after their Opening Post, it is a failure.

Keep it up

When I made my 2 or 3 stories I had bearly any followers, just stick at it mate :) Keep it up.

mate barely anyone commented or followed my brentford story for ages! just keep posting your updates and more people will follow.

doing very very well so far and you have a good squad so promotion is achievable :)

Thanks Deano. You Brentford story in really great!

Last update for today.

HUDDERSFIELD : SHREWSBURY 3:0 (Robinson 2, Roberts) JPT 1st round
We have controled the game from start to the final wisle. We could winn by a bigger margin, but i am happy with progress to the next round. JPT is not improtant to the board, but i want to come as far as i can. maybe win. We have a great chance.

MK DONS : HUDDERSFIELD 2:2 (Rhodes, Kay)
I knew this was gone be a though match, and in 11th minute it was 2:0 for Dons. They have dominated the firsth half and i can just thank to our reserve gk Glennon. In second half we played better, scored a counter by Rhodes. Then I went all attack and in 93 minute Antony Kay s fabolous strike gave us a point. Rohan Ricketts 2 assists.

HUDDERSFIELD : BRENTFORD 2:2 ( Simpson 2x)
Though game, 2:0 down again at halt time. They were great, Clark wasnt. He made 2 mistakes. In second half it was another stroy. Simspon scored a nice goal in 68 minutes. It was again all attack and again last minute equaliser. Fabolous strike by Simspon. I was expecting a win, but i am pleased with the team how they managed to came from behind!
Sorry Deano:p

MILLWALL : HUDDERSFIELD 0:3 ( Butler, Kay, Wotton)
I was expecting a draw before the match, but my side proved me wrong. Goal by Butler from corner in 15th minute sealed the game. Then was just Huddy till the final wisle. Wotton again scored from free kick. I am so delighten with his form. Kay is getting better and better, so the team is really good now. Clarke started the game at the bench, Elsner made his debut and I have to say, he put the chalenge on Clarke which is making far to many mistakes at the back!

So mid september, i am at the head of the table, 3 points ahead of rivals Leeds.