February

View attachment 318193

Finally a better month for the team. We were knocked out of the FA Cup by Everton, but three consecutive 3-1 wins followed against West Ham, Burnley and then Stoke. Our winning run was broken in our final game of February by Man Utd, but overall a very decent month for the team.

View attachment 318192

We remain eighth, and continue to accumulate points. I think the best we can hope for this season in seventh and then hope that brings us a Europa league berth.

Player of the Month: Andriy Yarmolenko

View attachment 318191

I don't have a choice but to give Andriy this again - two more goals and more impressive performances which continued his impressive start here at Hull.

Enjoying this. I'm playing as Hull City myself. Just hitting the very first Europa League qualifiers so quite a bit behind you. Glad to see you are finding a decent amount of success. Gives me hope.

Thanks for the support guys.

March

View attachment 318118

Not the best of months after February's progress, with three draws against Everton, Sunderland and Villa. Not a lot to say, apart from we need to pick up some points now to move into a european spot. For the time being we remain in eighth, looking to move into seventh.

Player of the Month: Andrew Robertson

View attachment 318117

Three impressive showings from the ever-confident scot, capped off with a goal against Sunderland.

View attachment 318116

He also bagged the Young Player of the Month award, rewarding his good form.

I also signed a new deal this month to keep me at Hull until 2018, by which time we'll have hopefully established some success.​

Last edited:
April

View attachment 317845

Just three games in April, and we continued our poor form on the road by losing both away games against QPR and Swansea, games we should be winning if we want to qualify for europe. A positive was a 4-1 mauling of Tottenham at home, where Abel Hernandez potentially scored the goal of the season from 48 metres out over Hugo Lloris.

View attachment 317844

We remain eighth for the umpteenth month in a row, but that won't do for us as we need to finish seventh to have a chance of European football next year. Leicester are 6 points ahead but we play them next at home where we will look to bring that gap down with a win.

Player of the month: Abel Hernandez

View attachment 317843

Scored a super hattrick against Spurs including a wonder strike from the halfway line, which made him highly responsible for our only points of April.

Next month our season comes to a close, which will be followed by a season review and then a transfer roundup - we've been quite busy!​

May

View attachment 317780

A up and down final month of the season for us. It started off well with a strong performance to beat Leicester 3-0 and cut our deficit to 3 points. Two disappointing losses then ended our European hopes though, against Southampton and Palace. We did end our season on a high, with a 4-goal comeback to beat Manchester City, but I was disappointed with our final month overall as it could have been so much better.

View attachment 317775

View attachment 317774

That means our final finish is tenth, with several of our close rivals bagging plenty of points in May. Disappointing after where we were at one point, but something to build on next year for sure.

Player of the Month: Andriy Yarmolenko

View attachment 317772

What a month for the Ukrainian, scoring every game and a total of 5 goals from 4 games. That capped off a great first few months here at Hull, and I hope he can carry it on for us.

Next up is a season review.

Season Review

View attachment 317734

Our tenth placed finish was a record high for Hull, a good way to start my career here. I hope we can improve on this record again in a year's time, and continue to improve the club's stature.

Players

View attachment 317735

There were a few standout performers this year for us. After a quick glance at the stats you can see Abel Hernandez was our top scorer and assister, showing his influence in his first year at the club. Andriy Yarmolenko could have beaten him if he'd been present for the first half of the season, scoring 11 goals, and the Ukrainian also had the highest average rating. Allan McGregor (not pictured) also should be commended after playing in all 38 of our games.

Player of the Season: Abel Hernandez

View attachment 317728

Would have gone to Yarmolenko but Abel has been here all year and was a major contributor in lots of the good things we did this season, proving himself as a top Premier league goalscorer as well as providing chances to his teammates.

Young Player of the Year: Andrew Robertson

View attachment 317724

Andrew progressed well this year and featured all season at left-back as well as putting in some strong performances, which was shown with him winning the Premier league young player of the month award for March.

View attachment 317722

Our only end of season award was the goal of the season, which Abel Hernandez rightly won for his wonder strike against Tottenham form 48 metres out.

Competitions

View attachment 732331

Chelsea won the Premier League in Mourinho's second season back at the club.

View attachment 317716

Man Utd won the capital one cup in March with a 2-0 win over Southampton.

View attachment 317715

Pellegrini got his hands on another trophy as Man City beat Tottenham 3-0 to win the FA Cup...

View attachment 317714

...and they made it a double, winning the Champions League by beating Real Madrid 1-0 in Berlin!

View attachment 317713

Finally PSG capitalised on an early UCL by winning the Europa League ahead of runners up Everton in Warsaw.​

Nice season. Cool to see Abel Hernandez do so well for you. Was hoping he could develop into a star player for the club and seems like he has for you.

Quite looking forward to see how you do in the summer market. What do the finances look like right now?

Good to see you still going with this save, Yarmolenko looks like he's finally broken the Premier League curse, no Ukrainian has ever been spectacular here, haha.

Best of luck for next season. :)

Bigpapa - Hernandez has been great, 19 league goals is great for a team like us. I guess you'll see how he does and develops in year 2. I'm a bit ahead of the updates at the moment so can't tell or show you exactly how things were but they're still secure and our starting transfer budget was around 12M for the upcoming season.

Werrett - Indeed, he's been an amazing signing for us. Really happy with his form.

Transfers

View attachment 317695

So our initial budget was about 10M but I managed to get it up to 12M as I promised to qualify for the Europa league which is a realistic target for this year I think. Hopefully the signings I made will accomplish our goals this year.

View attachment 317694

So here are the ins and outs of the summer. Firstly I'll cover departures and then who we've brought in..

Diame, Meyler and Jelavic all left the club for a combined fee of 15.5M. The first two leave because of our large depth in centre midfield, with some signings made there. Jelavic leaves because he was unhappy at a lack of playing time, and we have replaced him adequately. I'm happy with the fees we got. Other departures are frees of youngsters and bit-part players and the loaning out of Josh Murphy to Reading for the year to get some regular playing time.

As far as signings are concerned, firstly I signed Fernando Pacheco on a free, as a talented goalkeeper to give McGregor competition. I also strengthened across the defence. Jeison Murillo comes in for 7.75M to be a first-choice centre-back as I felt many options there were either ageing or not a high enough quality. Nacho is also comes in from Real Madrid as back up there. At full back, Gino Peruzzi should provide competition for Naughton and likewise Ben Davies for Robertson. The latter joins on a season-long loan.

In Midfield, probably our highest profile signing was made in the form of Roberto Pereyra on a free. I'm impressed with the Argentine's stats and he could prove to be a top signing as a CM or a CAM. Also arriving is Marco Van Ginkel on loan for depth and the talented Dutchman also has a future fee agreed of 4.5M. Duncan Angus is another arrival who is a regen from Crewe that could be a future star attacking midfielder.

Finally, in attack we replaced Jelavic with Khouma Babacar, who will be our backup striker this year to Hernandez. Luis Muriel is another striker coming in, but his work permit failed so will spend the year out on loan. As a result Rodrigo Aguirre is another loanee to provide another option.

I also signed Markovic and Mayuka on loan but after re-evaluating they were deemed surplus to requirements and were sent back to their parent clubs.​

August

View attachment 317687

Not the best start to the season, but it was a very tough one. We lost first off to Man Utd at Old Trafford, which wasn't an ideal start but understandable. A narrow home loss to Chelsea was tougher to take but that was two tough fixtures out of the way at least. We responded to that by despatching Walsall 3-0 in the Cup and drawing away at QPR, in a game we really should have won on the balance of play.

View attachment 317686

That puts us 17th which isn't ideal but should change sooner rather than later with an easier run of fixtures next month.

Player of the Month: Roberto Pereyra

View attachment 317684

Roberto made a great start to life here, proving himself as a great creative influence in midfield, especially in the closing two games of August where he managed a goal and an assist.​

Ouch a ttough start but with the teams you faced first off its not too bad

September 2015

View attachment 317542

September was a much better month for us, with 3 wins from 4 games. Solid wins against Aston Villa and West Brom were followed by a nervy penalty victory over Man Utd in the Cup. To finish off we played out a draw at home to, which could have been a win but I'm happy with our results this month, which took us away from the bottom of the table.

View attachment 317534

As said, we move away from our lowly 17th position to 9th which is good progress. Now we need to carry on this month's good work and move towards the top 6 and a European place.

Player of the Month: Jeison Murillo

View attachment 317532

Jeison kept things tight at the back this month and was a commanding influence in all of our games in September, including a man of the match performance in the 1-0 victory over Villa.​

A great month there mate! hopefully that kind of form will carry on!

Just caught up with this story, i think youve done some good business, will you be taking the cups seriously?

Cheers Sam, I hope so.

Just caught up with this story, i think youve done some good business, will you be taking the cups seriously?

Yes, Hull don't have much history so any chance to grab a trophy will be welcomed.

October

View attachment 317415

October turned out to be another great month. An away draw to Sunderland was a decent start, although it was disappointing to lose our lead late to a Zuculini header. What followed next was huge, as we destroyed Arsenal at home 4-0, with Tom Ince putting Arsenal to the sword and netting 2 goals. Khouma Babacar also stepped up with Hernandez out injured to score his first goal for the club.

Things continued the same way against Liverpool, as we carried on our form to beat them 4-2! It was once again a brilliant team performance, with four different scorers contributing the downfall of the Reds. Finally a rotated squad managed to beat Barnsley in the Cup, putting us through to a winnable quarter final against Middlesbrough.

View attachment 317409

With another couple of wins and a draw, we move up again in the league this month to seventh. If we can keep up our current form, I think we should keep looking above us.

Player of the Month: Tom Ince

View attachment 317405

Tom really matured this month and scored three goals from his four games. It's a shame I've already made the decision to sell him to Norwich in January, as he won't agree a new contract due to a lack of appearances. At least he's giving us a good final few months.​

Hope your getting a good fee for ince, a great month id say, onnto the semi-finals i think if you can keep up the good form,

November

View attachment 317155

November saw the team's form stutter a little for the first time in a couple of months. An 3-2 away loss to Tottenham wasn't ideal to start off with, but it was understandable and was just our third loss of the season. Two equally frustrating draws followed, with us fighting back against Bournemouth with 10 men after a Sergi Roberto sending off. We managed to end the month on a high after three tough results by comfortably beating Leicester 2-0 at the KC.

View attachment 317151

Despite some poor results we stay in seventh, with a view to moving up next month with a run of easier games coming up.

Player of the Month: Roberto Pereyra

View attachment 317150

Roberto continued his fine start to like at the club with four assists in three games, taking him to second in the league assist chart. His great form has seen his value rise to over 20M, which has really surprised me, which I hope he continues to do.​