Rising Transfer Prices

A transfer cap should be introduced and you have a certain maximum amount of money that your allowed to use to buy players depending on where you finished in the league

Do you guys seriously think Valencia can spend like Man City? That Villareal can spend like Liverpool? That Atletico can spend like Aston Villa? That Sevilla can spend like Tottenham? Would any top 4 Prem teams have to sell their two best players because of their poor finances and inability to pay their squad's wages (Valencia)?

All of the teams outside of the top 2 make little profit (TV rights) and can spend hardly anything. The ones that did spend a lot in the 90's and 00's collapsed quickly (Real Sociedad) or are in dire straights today. Name me one club other than Barca or R. Madrid in La Liga that can spend big on players. The Prem has plenty more than two. Even Barca will have to stop, they are in a lot of debt and even had to start putting sponsors on their shirts this season. I bet we don't see much spending from them in the next few years. I think Real may have hit their ceiling too. There are plenty of teams in the Prem though with wealthy owners who can shell out as much as they need to.

Whose fault is that other teams in La Liga makes no money from TV revenue? Yes, **** Spanish FA and their corrupt rules. It is very simple, In England Govt/Banks wont back any club whereas in Spain we all know how Madrid and Barca are favoured by the Govt and Banks. That is why Spain's financial state is messed up.

In England team that finish bottom of the table received more money than Valencia for TV rights. Other clubs in Spain can't spend money as they get absolutely zlich from TV revenue and thanks to Spanish FA for that.

And Barca do spend money. Present team has so many home grown players. But they have spent huge on

All transfers in Euros.
Zambrotta- 14Million
Marquez - 5 Million
Deco- 15 Million +Quareshma that equates to 21 Million
Eto'o - 24 Million
Ronaldinho - 30 Million
Thuram - 5 Million
Edmilson - 10 Million
Gudjohnsen - 12 Million
Giuly - 7 Million
Quareshma - 6Million
Milito - 20 Million
Abidal 15 Million
Yaya toure 9 Million
Henry 24 Million
Caceres - 17 Million XD
Keita 14 Million
Dani Alves 29 Million
Hleb 15 MillionXD
Riquelme 10 Million
Savilola 15 Million
Kluivert 9 Million pounds
Overmars - 25 Million pounds which was 40 Million Euros at that time
Rochemback - 9 Million
Andersson- 9 Million
Geovanni - 21 Million
Christanval - 15 Million
Pique 5 Million
Chygrynskiy 25 Million XDXD
David Villa 40 Million
Mascherano 21 Million
Adriano 10 Million
Zlatan - 46 Million plus Eto'o which comes around 66 Million.
Keirrison 16 Million

Which is close to 567 Millon. I haven't included all the deals, just the important ones.

But No. I will turn blind and say Marca spours **** and Barca wont spend any money

Last edited:
These financial problems are absolutely unheard of in the US. They have salary caps and there are no transfer fees (you trade players instead). Of course this is impossible with a global sport where there isn't one league that totally dominates the rest in terms of finances and level of play, but still, it is an example of how things could be done. It shows, at the very least, the more regulation is working towards a solution.

I agree with you on the fact that Chelsea, City, Mardid & Barca start spending so other teams have to compete with it, defo.

I only disagree with what I quoted. If you trade players this discourages making home-grown talent and I am sure that clubs will just look to get the Messi's, Ronaldo's and what not.

A transfer cap should be introduced and you have a certain maximum amount of money that your allowed to use to buy players depending on where you finished in the league

Again that would lose potentially millions of dollars for football as these billionaire types would only look to buy top clubs so that they can spend big due to the transfer caps u are suggesting but wont be able to afford these clubs