quick update

I've started with palermo in november - they were on 10th place. now im 1st, 3 point clear from Inter. Won all 13 games including 3-0 with Inter away.

quick update

I've started with palermo in november - they were on 10th place. now im 1st, 3 point clear from Inter. Won all 13 games including 3-0 with Inter away.
Great mate.

If I'm not wrong you're using the latest patch?
Good to see the tactic working well ;)

I've been testing this tactic with Real Madrid.
And it's weird, cause it's a total fail..
After 19 games, 2nd in the league with 13 points behind Barcelona...
I lost again Barca at home 1-4.

Also, a lot of draws agains weak teams with A LOT of chances missed every gamess

it's all about team talk .. unfortunately fm 2012 is about team talk .. which is stupid .. but .. anyway ..

If ur good manager you have to know how to talk to ur team ... that's it m8. good luck

Hi there - I've used this tactic for a season now, my comment are as follows:

Positive:
- Very good possession
- Good defensively
- Nice balance to the team on the pitch

Negative:
- Play is slightly slow (I know that this is why possession is so good)
- Lots of missed chances
- A bit low on the number of goals scored
- Too many draws

All in all I found it a decent tactic, but feel it could be tweaked to improve offensively.

Used this in my 4th season as a base tactic for Tottenham as I had trouble accomadating my world class midfielders in my old formation.

Defence is amazing - conceeded fewer than games played - at work so can't remember exact amount.
Fullbacks are prone to freezing with the ball at their feet - hold up ball selected the cause. untick this and the defence falls apart though.
DMC makes vital tackles, good average rating overall.
CM's & AMC's ratings are poor over the season with few goals or assists - might be match enging problem. Have tried Willian, Oscar, Ozil, Modric, Pastore and none of them have made the spot their own. Heart breaking to see 6.86 rating for a season from them!
LIF changed to accomadte Bale - changed to winger set up.
AMR - changed settings to inside forward as they were ineffective. Too deep, not enough attacking contribution, slowed play down.
Poacher - You've got this nailed! Though again, the games too reliant on him. 1 bad game and tactic can't offer other attacking options.

Play can be very slow and sometimes pointless.
Mentality, moved to +2 attacking but am thinking of tweaking players slightly to get more goals.
Allows use of ever playing position.

Guy above makes good points and it's because of the balance am afraid to tweak it too much as it may ruin the defensive side of things, which, if that were to happen, would ruin the tactic as it's not attacking enough to recover.

can i use this with Newcastle...please help me im 17th i dont know what to do :S :(

First post and only registered so I can comment upon this tactic.

For a bit of background, Ive always found it a bit tricky getting tactics to work effectively in that I wanted my teams to play a certain way (careful build up, killer ball passing beating the offside trap) but could never pull it off. Until now.

I am currently playing my first season as Newcastle and as of writing am 1st in the league, ahead of city by 2 points; my only defeat was a 1-0 away to Arsenal. First game of the season was home to Chelsea which I won 2-1, then next match I beat United 2-0 away. Ive beaten Liverpool 3-0 and recently beat City 2-0 to go top.

What I like most about this tactic (aside from the apparent success, which is nice!) is the play. Like I said previously, the build up is steady with short accurate passing effectively by-passing the opposition. More often than not, this culminates in the AMC sliding through a pass to either the ST or wingers, into the box, beating the offisde trap. Ba has been imense (both in CN and RL!), although my CD's have been given MoM awards the most (Stevie Taylor has played every match and has an overall rating or over 8). The best part to me is that this tactic gives each man a specific role and therefore you can find it easier to search for specific players. Your MC's need to be ballwinners, your AMC needs to be able to pass like a god and make decisions like Einstein. Your wingers play more like inside forwards which cutr in and go for goal. Basically I love it.

To Rizka: many thanks for the hard work and effort you have put into this. I have tried many tactics posted on here and I have finally found one that not only gives me the results I want, but in the style I crave. Cheers mate 8-|

Ok being new to FM I am probably stupid, but when I download and use this tactic (and any other downloadable) I can play with them fine, but cant see what kind of role each playerposition is supposed to have (ie Trequartista etc) and the boxes for Philosophy and Strategy are greyed out and cant be accessed.

If I make my own tactic it works fine and I can choose what role any midfielder should have, but doesnt work with this one.

Any advice?

Ok being new to FM I am probably stupid, but when I download and use this tactic (and any other downloadable) I can play with them fine, but cant see what kind of role each playerposition is supposed to have (ie Trequartista etc) and the boxes for Philosophy and Strategy are greyed out and cant be accessed.

If I make my own tactic it works fine and I can choose what role any midfielder should have, but doesnt work with this one.

Any advice?

This tactic is probably made in classic mode so thats why U cant choose any roles etc.

Ah yeah, just got that explained, no way to unchange that I take it?

Ah yeah, just got that explained, no way to unchange that I take it?

Nope, once you convert to classic, there is no turning back. Dunno why you would want to turn this tactic back tho?

I'd assume so if it worked with West Brom as per the OP

This Tactic is Amazing!

using it in the new patch with Barca & west ham

Barca played 11 won 10 scoring 40 goals! inc CL

I used this tactic with Rome, but it did not work.. many goals conceded and many defeats. Players are these: Stekelenburg, Lobont, Cassetti, Rosi, Juan, Burdisso, Heinze, Kjaer, Jose Angel, Taddei, Gago, De Rossi, Pizarro, Perrotta, Simplicio, Greco, Bojan, Lamela, Pjanic, Osvaldo, Borini, Borriello, Totti. Can anyone help me for the disposition of the players? Thanks!:) ps: i use the 12.0.2 patch.

Last edited: