[FONT=&quot]Rodrigo Paulista led River to their second Copa do Brasil title with a string of amazing performances, including a new club record (beating his own) for fastest goal against his beloved Santos. 16 seconds, that's pretty cool.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]More importantly, Paulista won both Best Player and Artilheiro awards, with a spectacular 10 goals in 7 apps for River.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Epic season so far for River and Rodrigo.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]It's happening:

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Rodrigo Paulista will join River permanently on january 1st 2021, having accepted a very structured contract from the club. Key factors for the success of this deal include but are not limited to: 1) River winning Copa do Brasil and securing Copa Libertadores football for next year 2) River becoming Rodrigo's favorite club 3) Alberto Rossini becoming Rodrigo's favorite personnel 4) an outrageous number of bonuses and clauses in his contract.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As you can see Paulista will basically get 300k euros every 5 goals he scores until he reaches 30, which is pretty much a guaranteed extra 1,8M every year
icon_eek.gif
. I was willing to concede this bonus to make him accept a longer contract (through december 2023 PLUS a three years option yay!) on relatively low wages - 600k per annum is still very high for my standards!

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Other clauses include a 50% profit of future sell going to Rodrigo (which is never going to happen) and very high bonus for winning and reaching semifinals of the mighty Copa do Nordeste (which we'll never enter again as long as we qualify for continental competitions, i.e. we'll never play in Nordeste again). Dignity was never an option for this challenge.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Finally completed an exhausting yet successful season, my first as a manager of teenage sensation Rodrigo Paulista. The season went very well both for the club and Rodrigo, though some sort of locker room breakdown had a bad influence on a few crucial matches at the end of the season. Imagine a manager leading a small club from third to first division in two years, winning the national cup while in second division, having already secured the title of first division in first year and now waiting for the finals of Copa Libertadores as the last great event of the season. What would you expect at that point? I'l tell you what, a dozen players suddenly unhappy with their contracts, apparently all losing their trust in me just a few days before the final. How nice.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A nightmare of red cards, appalling mistakes and gutless performances followed, and gone was the Libertadores. I don't even care about that honestly, the worst thing was Rodrigo stopped scoring for about 4 games thanks to this mutiny on the Bounty. Not cool! I'm selling those traitors as soon as I can.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Up next, the season and the numbers of Paulista![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Rodrigo Paulista Year 2020

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]First year of Rodrigo Paulista as River frontman and 1000 goals hopeful, how did it go then? Not bad at all...

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Chuteira de Ouro award (Brazil golden boot for all divisions and competitions) was only one of a number of titles, records and awards that Rodrigo won this year (he joined and surpassed River icon Gil as a winner of Chuteira).

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Other awards include Bola de Ouro, Rei da Bola, Rei do Gol, Revelação do Brasileirão and Best Striker, which should all be cool brazilian ways of saying best player, best rookie and top scorer in the league.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Let's have a look at Paulista, shall we...

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]87 total goals in 54 apps, including a marvelous 48 goals in 36 matches in Série A. Rodrigo has developed at excellent rate (also learning a couple of useful PPM's) and at just 16 he already looks like a legit star striker for this level of football. A low penalty taking attribute didn't stop Rodrigo from scoring 12/13 from the spot, while elite Finishing, Off the Ball and Anticipation are already making a difference, together with good quickness and agility.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It was an ideal year for our striker(s) because as a newly promoted side opponents would generally see us as underdogs/small team, leaving lots of space for counter and playing more attacking themselves. As title holders this will most likely change next year so we'll have to find new ways to feed Rodrigo and allow him to repeat this fantastic season. The good thing is: Rodrigo is already a beast, he's 16 and is going to improve.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]To put this in perspective, this was my top striker and 1000 goals candidate in FM17 in his best season:

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Young Edio scored a cool 118 goals in 71 games for Nacional, thanks to 61 goals in the weak Amazonas state and 43 in Sèrie A. But he was 'already' 19. As a 17 years old in his first season at the club he only scored 15 in Série A (Edio scored over 300 goals by the age of 20, when I started overusing him and caused consecutive 4 months injuries to his poor ankle, but that's for another story). Rodrigo Paulista scored 48 Série A goals at the age of 16...

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Let's have another look at Rodrigo Paulista, aka R9, aka Rodrigo Paolone

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]87 goals scored, 913 to go![/FONT]

87 goals! This teenage is a beast. You create a monster mate. Go for it Rodrigo Paolone!

Sent from my C2005 using Tapatalk

Paulista has a very bright future ahead of him, being the guy to get 1000 goals in his career.

But living up to the legendary Paolone aswell? that might be too much pressure at such a young age, hopefully he can handle it all.

If he keeps up this rate he could have 1,000 out of the way by 30

Paulista has a very bright future ahead of him, being the guy to get 1000 goals in his career.

But living up to the legendary Paolone aswell? that might be too much pressure at such a young age, hopefully he can handle it all.

Cheers sammyt! Paulista knows he'll have to work very hard for the next 15 years to be even mentioned in the same sentence of Paolone. 1000 goals is still nothing compared to the immortal legend of Alessandro Paolone!

Holy nutsacks, that's an impressive season for anyone let alone a 16-year-old. Surely he's attracting some interest from Europe's elite?

Mostly will depend on Paulista's injuries and my own patience and perseverance but I'm thinking 26-27 :p

can you tell me what tactic you are using? im currently trying something similar but not having as much success as yourself. oh im still on fm 17. if you could send me the tactic you used on fm17 that would be even better
thanks

Holy nutsacks, that's an impressive season for anyone let alone a 16-year-old. Surely he's attracting some interest from Europe's elite?

Not at the moment as he was on loan until january 2021, so technically he's a new signing for our club (H). I'm never going to sell him though, the big challenge would be renewing his contract as admittedly his wages, status and reputation are ahead of schedule for 16/17 years old.

How has he had no youth caps!?

Easy, I withdraw him every time as the U20 south american cup takes place january-february XD . There's first stage of Campeonato Piauiense in that period, no way I'd let Rodrigo miss those games and those goals!

can you tell me what tactic you are using? im currently trying something similar but not having as much success as yourself. oh im still on fm 17. if you could send me the tactic you used on fm17 that would be even better
thanks

Well the most important 'tactic' is playing against very weak competition like Piaui state! Then having a very good striker and very good supporting strikers/playmakers with good PPM's (like killer balls, refrains from taking long shots, pass rather than shoot). The 118 goals season I'm pretty sure I was using Knap's Blue Matter 4-3-3 (attack home, counter away), also consider the way FM works is when your team is underdog is much easier to score so typically my striker would score more in first years.

Great read this, really different take on a story with it being a player not exactly in your control. Look forward to seeing how this develops and how the forward develops as well of course!

Well the most important 'tactic' is playing against very weak competition like Piaui state! Then having a very good striker and very good supporting strikers/playmakers with good PPM's (like killer balls, refrains from taking long shots, pass rather than shoot). The 118 goals season I'm pretty sure I was using Knap's Blue Matter 4-3-3 (attack home, counter away), also consider the way FM works is when your team is underdog is much easier to score so typically my striker would score more in first years.

can you send me the link i cant find it, can only find his attacking one