Road to Success - A Marco Verratti Story

It's Dave Jones doing the murder stuff, hasn't he been a little too nice to you? He's just trying to get on your good side so that he can kill you. Run.

Tuesday 1st December, 2009

Since the Adam Matthews incident, I’ve had a lot of time to reflect on both my personal life and my footballing life. A few days after that, I realised that my life was boring. Apart from the obvious in that I’m a footballer and I was a prime murder suspect, nothing happens, so I’ve decided I’m going to try and take a few more risks! For example, on the 18th, I decided to talk to this girl that always seemed to show up at training, but I’d never had the courage to say anything. Anyway, it turns out her name is Melanie, and she’s 16 years old. She was waiting for me to talk to her! Can you believe it? It just goes to show how little I know about the ladies, and how much I still have to learn! Hopefully though, some of that Italian charm will come in handy in the future!

We arranged to go out and see a movie on the 22nd, or that was the plan anyway! I turned up to the cinema, and she was already there, but none of us had heard of any of the films! It was some posh cinema, where there were no real movies on, just rubbish like “Slumdog Millionaire” and things like that; in the end we decided we’d just go and have a pizza at Pizza Hut. Romantic, I know, but it went well! We got to talking, and it turns out her grandfather was Italian and used to play for Pescara, just like me! What are the chances? I definitely think we’ll see each other again, as she makes my heart jump every time I see her.

I’ve been mostly fine this month, in that no-one has come trying to murder me, and there haven’t been any more deaths, so all is good. I say mostly though, because last Saturday morning, I got out of bed as normal, went downstairs, got breakfast, ready to go to training as usual, but when I got to my car (I just like to be in it, so my dad drives me to the ground at the moment, I noticed that it had been scratched badly. Someone had written the words “Watch your back, Babyface” on the front bonnet by scraping my car with what I can only assume was a key! It cost me almost a week’s wages to get it fixed, but I didn’t see any point in reporting it, as I didn’t think it was major, no matter how much my parents protested.

Anyway, back to the footballing aspect of my life! I got one appearance for the first team that didn’t go so well, with me picking up a yellow card, and being substituted as a result in the 59th minute, but it was good to get a run around with the lads, especially Craig Bellamy, who I’m starting to admire a lot. I also got a couple of Under-18s matches, but in my second, late on in the month, I was shown the red card, my second as a Cardiff player. Dave Jones is getting concerned that I’m becoming too aggressive.

I’ve even had a couple of clubs showing some interest in me! However, it’s not what I’d hoped for, with the clubs being Plymouth and Walsall, each only looking to get me on a loan. I suppose it would be good to get regular first team football, but I moved here from Pescara because I wanted to be playing in a higher division! I guess I’ll have to wait and see what happens...

Great Stuff mate,just read throught the last few updates..really nice writing

Great Stuff mate,just read throught the last few updates..really nice writing

Thanks a lot mate, I've been quite happy with the last few, I think I've done well in listening to people's feedback, I've included more twists, more realism and more on his personal life. By the way, the picture is of Melanie, his girlfriend :)

Sorry for the lack of updates recently, I've had lots of work to do sice going back to school... But here we go, another twist in the tale coming up!

Monday 14th December, 2009

I think it’s necessary that I write a special entry after the events of the last few days. It would be unfair to wait until January to let you know what has happened. That is, if I’m still alive in January...

On the 12th, I set off to training at 10am as always, but when I got there, I saw something that shocked me to the core. As I walked into the dressing room, a few of the lads were already there, like Craig Bellamy and Ross McCormack, but they were just standing there, staring at something. Michael Chopra was leaning against a wall, throwing up violently, and it made me wonder what was going on. As soon as I entered, everyone turned and looked at me with looks of sympathy on their faces. I met their gazes, and then slowly turned my head to the left, where the body of Dave Jones lay, with the same doll’s head tied to his face that Adam Matthews had had just over a month earlier. I felt sick, but that wasn’t the worst of it. I slowly looked up, to see some words written on the wall behind his body. The words read “You’re next, Babyface”

Needless to say, training was cancelled, as was the match the next day. I hadn’t spoken a word for hours since seeing the mutilated mess that was Dave Jones’ body, until I was taken in to the police station to answer a few questions. Unlike the last time I’d been here, I was allowed to take my parents in with me this time, as I wasn’t being treated as a suspect. The police wanted to find out everything they could, so I answered all their questions willingly. They asked me who had access to the dressing room, the answer to which was anyone that worked with Cardiff, and more questions that went in the same general direction. In the end, the police insisted that I was giving full protection, and I was happy to accept following the recent revelations, but I did insist that I didn’t need it while I was at the Cardiff ground, as I had my friends there, and I could trust everyone around me. The police reluctantly agreed to this, much to my relief.

After the last 2 days, I’m going to need some rest, so I’ll be taking some time off football, until I’m ready. Our new manager, or caretaker manager is Terry Burton for the time being, I suppose only time will tell if he can make a difference to the club, but I’ll miss Dave Jones a **** of as lot.

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

I want to get some feedback before doing another update, so I really would appreciate it if you could leave a comment every now and then if you're reading. It's great motivation!

Still a great story mate. Them twists we're worth the wait!

Now that I've finally got a few pieces of feedback I'll try and get another update in today. It probably won't be the best, most likely just an update, but the one after that I'm planning a twist.

Something new and interesting, keep it up mate.

And I'm now officialy the fan club leader. The fan club of this sentence -
I’m still alive in January...

C'mon, you're talking about 16 year old player ! Lighten it up ! (6)

This story's dead :( . Naah, it was a good story :S

Thanks a lot mate, sorry I couldn't keep it up, going back to school took over, and I lost commitment. Thanks for reading and enjoying it though! I haven't decided if I'm going to do another for FM 2011 yet.