Robbie Earle sacked as pundit

This thread is about Robbie Earle and ITV! NOT Adebayor and BBC.
Back on topic: I'm glad he's gone he talks such **** sometimes, in fact i think ITV should just sack all their pundits, it's an awful channel for football and yet they get the games which are supposedly "big" and "ones to look forward to" :mad:

as a arsenal fan , i think ade is doing a pritty good job ...... hes better than most

at least we all agree that by and large they are all mostly *****. give me the intelligent gurus of the game, beckenbauer, cruyff, hodgson, those who have been around 30+ years

Graham Taylor for me. Think the man speaks a lot of sense even though he is obviously wedded to a certain style of play. But if you filter him through that knowledge, he's well worth listening to on 5Live.

I don't mind Earle being a pundit - he did/does a lot of work for Kick Racism Out of Football and I've got a lot of respect for him from that. Think he's exceptionally light in his analysis of games but then the standard of most pundits is exceptionally low.

What bugs me though is why TV companies receive 'hospitality' tickets. It's wrong in the first place. And though Earle's been caught out for breaching the rules because he handed out too many to the same person, this kind of thing has been going on for years - in fact first team players used to tout their 'hospitality' tickets back in the 70s for a bit of extra cash, and youth/reserve players still do the same at a number of clubs and we all know what corporate 'hospitality' is like at games. They then have the gall to criticise the 'atmosphere' at grounds when they're not being entertained by the proles who give a **** about the game.

OK back on topic has anyone got footage of World Cup pundit Robbie Earle for ITV?

That video of Manu is brilliant.

On topic, Alan Shearer is the only pundit you need.

Matt Smith is by far the worst, what a ********, he has no knowledge of football

Stop crying about Adebayor. He's better than the dull as dish water Adrian Chiles.
Adrian Chiles is a presenter not a pundit. Adebayor should of been sacked for the mobile phone incident alone nevermind the fact nobody has a clue what he's saying.

Its a pitty Earl has gone because i didn't mind him and it could mean we see more of that miserable **** Edgar Davids.

Where is Leonardo? :wub:

shocking, deserves what he got, i kinda liked him aswell.

35-40 tickets for doing what we all do at home or at the pub - watch a game of football on a tv then complain about the defence and the forwards at half time and full time, and better then they do.

Lets keep it that way shall we.

As soon as he speaks i fall into a deep coma.

If only.

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

All you people that are crying about the different pundits and commentators and I realy dont get why. Most of them if not all of them have played, managed or both so clearly they no more about football than any of you. If you dont like it, try the mute button on your TV remote.

If only.

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

All you people that are crying about the different pundits and commentators and I realy dont get why. Most of them if not all of them have played, managed or both so clearly they no more about football than any of you. If you dont like it, try the mute button on your TV remote.
have you actually listened to them? they talk **** half the time.

So do alot of the people on here. Atlest the people on TV have some idea what they are on about.
the same could be said about people on here, like zeb for example.

anyway, i'd also like to see more former experienced managers as pundits, people who have actually had to deal with the tactical side of the game and have been fairly successful

the same could be said about people on here, like zeb for example.

anyway, i'd also like to see more former experienced managers as pundits, people who have actually had to deal with the tactical side of the game and have been fairly successful

Well the good managers, are all either managing in the W/C or out there looking at players, they've only really able to attract unemployed managers, So they cant be successful, hence KK and just retired players,

Well the good managers, are all either managing in the W/C or out there looking at players, they've only really able to attract unemployed managers, So they cant be successful, hence KK and just retired players,
there are surely some good tacical ex managers out there, pellegrini for example. at any rate, im just a little disappointed this is the best they could do.

Let's take a simple example - marking at corners.

Andy Gray and a lot of his fellow players grew up with one way to do that which is of course man-marking. Whenever a goal is scored from a corner and the team is man-marking (which is actually quite rare now as most top flight teams use either pure zonal or a blend of zonal/man-marking), nothing is said. There's another way used by a lot of teams which is a zonal marking, where players mark 'space'. Over the past five years the teams with the best defensive records from corners have all used this method (Liverpool, Chelsea and Aston Villa) but whenever the concede a goal the former players point to zonal marking being the problem. The idiocy is compounded when they whitter about players not being assigned on the posts, which is of course part of a zonal defence...

Few of them have done the research prior to the match to highlight, say, the effectiveness of having tall players upon defending set pieces (classic example - for three seasons Liverpool were the best at defending from corners, but as the average height of the team started to come down, so they were more vulnerable from set pieces).

Being born in a stable doesn't make you a horse, and a career in the professional game doesn't automatically grant you the intelligence to analyse the game. People born and bred under 4-4-2, kick-and-rush who have no desire to see anything 'furrin' 'corrupt' the English game really do a disservice when trying to explain what you see on the pitch.

Negative football of Benitez is exactly the same thing as the positive football of Ancelotti as they are both followers of Michels' and Sacchi's thinking on how the game should be played, the inability of most pundits to explain this is a damning insight into the level of analysis available in Britain. I was pleasantly surprised after two seasons of Pat Nevin running Lucas down on a regular basis to see him present a balanced analysis of the function of the position Lucas plays on Channel 5. That gave me hope until I heard him start the same old tune on 5Live again at the next Liverpool league match as if that 5 minutes on Channel 5 were suddenly wiped from his memory. Either that or he's playing to a different audience. Maybe they do know but they dumb it down so much that they grossly mislead their audiences?

You see nothing like the in-depth work done in the Spanish and Italian media as part of the mainstream. It's perhaps related to why English teams who adopt continental approaches do better in Europe than those who don't.

there are surely some good tacical ex managers out there, pellegrini for example. at any rate, im just a little disappointed this is the best they could do.

I dont think that Pellegrini speaks english. :p I think that is one problem they have is qualified people that would want to do it that arent working on TV in the own countries.