Rober, Cadoni and RDFs Man Marking guide for FM 20.

my tactic (adapted knap black echo 4231), transfers over the last two seasons. results so far, season preview...

Attachments

• 1591990087154.png
    1591990087154.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 252
  • 1591990118566.png
    1591990118566.png
    591.8 KB · Views: 200
  • 1591990192456.png
    1591990192456.png
    709.4 KB · Views: 161
  • 1591990218377.png
    1591990218377.png
    733.3 KB · Views: 163
  • 1591990253888.png
    1591990253888.png
    718.3 KB · Views: 163
  • 1591990301843.png
    1591990301843.png
    1 MB · Views: 164
  • 1591990334535.png
    1591990334535.png
    900.6 KB · Views: 139
  • 1591990356433.png
    1591990356433.png
    877.1 KB · Views: 128
  • 1591990384820.png
    1591990384820.png
    850.9 KB · Views: 164
wow. this is great.
in my second season epl now. and i have to say results are going well with the 'simple' model.....so might try a few save a relaods trying the mark DLP over the weekend.
have a great weekend.

Project vanarama to the champs league has afew mores season left yet......and then i will start all over again.

Good luck! I am testing diffferent formations but so far it works best with 4312 as you need amc to pressure other midfielder and wingers to block space for wingbacks.
Also works with 4321 but maybe not as optimal as fewer amcs who can tackle mark and are agressive.

Good weekend to you as well!

Rober / Candoni.

finished the EPL a whole one place higher than last year (booo). So my simple approach has officially been abandoned. Trying Knap's 4312 and man marking for next season. see good so far.

hoping for a 'union berlin' output as i have a new stadium in the making.....
Keep you posted durign the week.

1. you use one of the forwards to mark the DLP
2. do you use the wide midfiedser to mark the opposition fullbacks?

finished the EPL a whole one place higher than last year (booo). So my simple approach has officially been abandoned. Trying Knap's 4312 and man marking for next season. see good so far.

hoping for a 'union berlin' output as i have a new stadium in the making.....
Keep you posted durign the week.

1. you use one of the forwards to mark the DLP
2. do you use the wide midfiedser to mark the opposition fullbacks?

Well it's still an improvement :D

1. Yes I use left PF to mark the one who comes deep and gets the ball from the defender. This depends on formation.

-If they use 1 DMC it is him.
-If they use 2 DMCs or 2 MCs it's the one who is DLP in his role, and the lowest one if you check team opposition.
The guide on Scout tells you how to find out.
-If they use 2 dlps, look if one has trait "comes deep" or "dictates play".
-Usually there is something to separate a choice between two players, if one has goes forward f ex, it is not him but the other guy.
-If still unsure you can watch the first 3 mins and check who the CBs play the ball to in CM.
-The positional heat map in analysis tells you who normally is deepest from last few games.
-When this is working the whole AI team is limited to just a few key passes, as we cut of the supply from the defence.
-Don't look for players who gets assists, look for those who give that player the ball before this happens.

2. Yes. In big games against MC Pool etc I use this if I am underdog , and also when the AI starts playing with 3CBs and 2 WBs to counter the MM system.
When this happens they use the WBs to play out from defence.

So then mark both dlp with left PF, and WBS with wingers.

But for 90% of the games only the PF for marking is needed. If you are newly promoted or weak team try it more.

Let me know how it works! :)

Wooohooo...mixing it with the big boys.....confession to make...first half of the season I was using the wrong tactic (fire and water which has AF's rather than PF's) DOH!
switched to the tactic I should have been using and WOW.

Europe and an new stadium to look forward to, 2x PF's in the transfer pipe......

1592550071304.png

full season of right tactic and good players to execute......thanks boys!!! I am now enjoying FM20!!!!

Attachments

• london celtic.PNG
    london celtic.PNG
    407.1 KB · Views: 209
Since it works .. I tested it in 20.4 and the result only reduces the efficiency. There are some facts of the table that this increases the efficiency. If you have not tested, it may seem to you.

Since it works .. I tested it in 20.4 and the result only reduces the efficiency. There are some facts of the table that this increases the efficiency. If you have not tested, it may seem to you.

People being confused with tactic efficiency and 1 player instruction. I hard believe that one single player instruction reduces the effectiveness of a tactic.

The thing is to win the ball before the AI build his play.

Lisa, please! :D You need some better jokes, that stuff is boring! Try to upgrade!

Your favorite 4-4-1-1 tactic, how many pieces do you think is needed for one to be effective. In principle, if you copy all the settings from mine, one will be enough.
https://fm- base.co.uk/resources/fm20-4-1-4-4-1-1-underdog.767/
Only if not all settings are copied, then the efficiency decreases. :ROFLMAO:

Only if not all settings are copied, then the efficiency decreases.
Is that why you keep Knap's copy protection TI hard/easy tackle on the goalkeeper on all your tactics? It' doesn't do anything you know. They tend not to tackle much.

Also your need to come into other people's threads and talk down their stuff reminds me of someone who got banned for just that.
The % of effiency talk as well.

You provoke yourself after writing do not go into other topics. Yes, you must have drunk brake fluid as a child, so the brake.

TI hard / easy tackle on the goalkeeper on all your tactics? It 'doesn't do anything you know. They tend not to tackle much. I don't understand what you mean.

You provoke yourself after writing do not go into other topics. Yes, you must have drunk brake fluid as a child, so the brake.

TI hard / easy tackle on the goalkeeper on all your tactics? It 'doesn't do anything you know. They tend not to tackle much. I don't understand what you mean.

Yes we make brake fluid in the basement here! It's good stuff man!
This I what you bring when I tell you to make better jokes? It's a kindergarden joke man, try harder!

No I guess you don't. MM even works with Spider :) I tested it.
Best with 2 PFs though.

You are serious. For one game with Liverpool it is impossible to see and I will repeat it again it only worsens the efficiency. Only one setting showed some prospects in the tests if AML is patronizing MR and AMR is patronizing ML and then the result was scattered.

You are serious. For one game with Liverpool it is impossible to see and I will repeat it again it only worsens the efficiency. Only one setting showed some prospects in the tests if AML is patronizing MR and AMR is patronizing ML and then the result was scattered.

I am yes. I have a lot of data. But you can not run this on a test league on holiday, that will not work. And you need to get the marking right. Follow the guide 100%.
It has to be set before every game. Also the system matters, it does not work with all tactics.

As you see there are many here using it with success.

Here for example, even with 1 man sent off, Man Utd only manage 2 key passes and 2 shots on goal. One man more than me for 60 mins.
It cuts the supply of.

Attachments

• 2020-06-21 (7).png
    2020-06-21 (7).png
    378.1 KB · Views: 165
Thank you, but it was not worth testing with these settings, it may help some tactics, but I haven’t met such ones and will remain with my opinion.

Thank you, but it was not worth testing with these settings, it may help some tactics, but I haven’t met such ones and will remain with my opinion.

Well then thank you for your contribution in this thread. Not everything can be made on a testing league.

Rober82 & Candoni

I think i have made a big step in improving the man marking theory.
I'm currently 30 games unbeaten in EPL with 8 games to go....however after watching many games and trying different things....i think i have cracked it.
Still using one striker to drop deep and mark the oppositions DLP....i have made one further adjustment.
When the opposition are playing AMR's and AML's......set your IWB's to DEF rather than the standard SUPP.
seems to stabilise the defence more and also conceeding way less goals...in fact most clean sheets i have ever had.

have a try and let me know if it works for you as well.

staviros.