Roberto Martinez: The Stylish Spaniard

Oh boy, I think you might have committed save suicide with those transfers. Hope for the bosmans, tho

Please explain how I'm committed save suicide with my transfers?

The first thing you have to bear in mind is that the club are paying over 2 million a month in loan repayments so we were taking a huge financial battering.

The next thing to consider is that Baines and Mirallas both complained they wanted Champions League football and didn't stop moaning away - so the decision was to sell them for a combined 43 million (up-front lump sum) or let them rot in the reserves, complaining and eating the wage bill.

Gibson, Hibbert, Alcaraz, Heitinga and Vellios were all not being played and asked to leave so I thought it was only fair - several of them were on big wages and, again, we received a decent sum of money for Gibson.

And Barkley, well; he was getting some playing time from the bench - but it's hard to fit him in with Osman, Pienaar, McCarthy, Deulofeu and others all on form in similar positions to that which Barkley plays. I decided instead of stunting his progression, I'd send him on loan to get some quality consistent football. Celtic offered to take him till the end of the season and regard him as a key team member - so my thinking was that by the time he arrives back, he'll fit in better as Osman and Pienaar will be another year old whilst we'll have lost Deulofeu. It's not as though I've permanently lost Barkley - it's just so he can get more playing time because I do intend to use him.

I mean how does he play lol

As just mentioned in my last response, I didn't get to use him much mate. When I did he was pretty good but the more experienced players in his position were on-form so I shipped him out on loan mate. He'll be back next season so I'll let you know when I get to play him again.

If it matters at all, he's doing well at Celtic. I know he's not playing against the most competitive of teams on a weekly basis but he has got some Champions League experienced now!:p

I'm puzzled as well. Barkley on loan, selling Baines for funding other transfers is alright though, but I think we can't really know because it also depends on his tactics.

And to OP, how are you using Lukaku? He's beast for me, can win games second handedly, best as Target Man (support). He has high Team work too. And you may need Mitrovic to replace him when his loan finishes. :p

Yeah, Lukaku is very good for me! It's hard to fit him into the team from the off because I don't really play with roles which suit him perfectly and because Jelavic is on fire - so he tends to come off the bench when I go a little more attacking and seems to score almost every single time mate.

As just mentioned in my last response, I didn't get to use him much mate. When I did he was pretty good but the more experienced players in his position were on-form so I shipped him out on loan mate. He'll be back next season so I'll let you know when I get to play him again.

If it matters at all, he's doing well at Celtic. I know he's not playing against the most competitive of teams on a weekly basis but he has got some Champions League experienced now!:p

Its a good loan move mate !! One problem I'm having is loaning players out!! I'm affiliated with Ross county but don't wanna really send my top regens their !! Great story mate

Nice transfers and to get 30 million for a 30 year old is top business. Bertrand is a solid replacement for Baines with years left in him, good luck with the rest of the season.

Its a good loan move mate !! One problem I'm having is loaning players out!! I'm affiliated with Ross county but don't wanna really send my top regens their !! Great story mate

Hm, I always seem to get tons of loan offers once I've offered players out.

And thanks mate!:)

Nice transfers and to get 30 million for a 30 year old is top business. Bertrand is a solid replacement for Baines with years left in him, good luck with the rest of the season.

Thanks mate

Cheers! I've been trying to think of ways to lighten up the posts a little - I couldn't really find a font I liked apart from the one I'm using; and then to complicate matters I think the bold of this font looks horrible so I can't bold things either - I understand it all looks the same and needs brightening up but at this moment in time, I'm struggling to find ways of doing that. Any ideas?:p

Im stumped for any amazing ideas too mate. Maybe put Everton in blue and opposition team name in the colours they played in! Simple, but may brighten it up a bit!!:D

Im stumped for any amazing ideas too mate. Maybe put Everton in blue and opposition team name in the colours they played in! Simple, but may brighten it up a bit!!:D

I'll try it in the next update buddy! Cheers.

View attachment 446283
January 2014
Busy month for Martinez

View attachment 446282

Barclays Premier League Matchday 20 | Goodison Park
Wednesday 1st January 2014
Everton 3-0 West Bromwich Albion
(Romelu Lukaku x2, Nikica Jelavic)

Budweiser FA Cup Third Round | Selhurst Park
Saturday 4th January 2014
Crystal Palace 0-1 Everton
(Romeul Lukaku)

Capital One Cup Semi Final First Leg | St. James' Park
Tuesday 7th January 2014
Newcastle United 1-1 Everton
(Nikicia Jelavic)

Barclays Premier League Matchday 21 | Carrow Road
Saturday 11th January 2014
Norwich City 0-1 Everton
(Julian Schuster)

Barclays Premier League Matchday 22 | Stamford Bridge
Saturday 18th January 2014
Chelsea 2-0 Everton

Capital One Cup Semi Final Second Leg | Goodison Park
Tuesday 21st January 2014
Everton 1-0 Newcastle United
(Alvaro)

Budweiser FA Cup Fourth Round | Etihad Stadium
Saturday 25th January 2014
Manchester City 1-1 Everton
(Phil Jagielka)

Barclays Premier League Matchday 23 | Goodison Park
Tuesday 28th January 2014
Everton 1-0 Southampton
(Gareth Barry)

Managers Opinion:

"January has been a long, long month for us. We've competed in three competitions - twice playing in the Capital One Cup as well as two FA Cup games and then four league games - and I can't really complain too much. The players have been absolutely fantastic in all honesty; we're into the final of one cup with a 4th Round replay to play in the other whilst we've remained competitive in the Premier League. We don't have the biggest squad in the league by any stretch of the imagination so I've had to ask some players to play out of position this month and they've really stepped up and impressed me. We have a minimum of 6 games next month so it doesn't really get much easier - we've got to keep the momentum we're carrying at the moment and push on. Hopefully, for the fans, for the club, we can keep going and pick up some good wins."

Barclays Premier League Table:

View attachment 446275

Nice, loving the added colour! ;). Keep up the good start mate.

View attachment 446209
February 2014
Everton unbeaten in February

View attachment 446206

Barclays Premier League Matchday 24 | Stadium of Light
Saturday 1st February 2014
Sunderland 0-2 Everton
(Nikica Jelavic x2)

Budweiser FA Cup Fourth Round Replay | Goodison Park
Wednesday 5th February 2014
Everton 1-0 Manchester City
(Steven Pienaar)

Barclays Premier League Matchday 25 | Goodison Park
Tuesday 11th February 2014
Everton 1-0 Manchester City
(Steven Pienaar)

Budweiser FA Cup Fifth Round | Goodison Park
Saturday 15th February 2014
Everton 2-0 Newcastle United
(Gerard Deulofeu, Pablo Piatti)

Barclays Premier League Matchday 26 | Upton Park
Saturday 22nd February 2014
West Ham United 2-2 Everton
(Gerard Deulofeu, Ryan Bertrand)

Barclays Premier League Matchday 27 | Goodison Park
Wednesday 26th February 2014
Everton 1-0 Crystal Palace
(Pablo Piatti)

Managers Opinion:

"It's been another fantastic month for us - not only have we remained unbeaten, but we've also only conceded in the game at West Ham so to play another five games and not concede in those is so, so impressive to me. I can't praise the players enough for picking up everything we work on the training ground instantly and they deserve all the plaudits they're getting; it's too early to start discussing a Champions League place but we'll keep going how we are now and go as high as we can. One of the teams' strong points is there complete lack of complacency - they go out into every game knowing I expect nothing less than a win and they give 110% for 90 minutes week in, week out and I can't fault them one bit."

View attachment 446141

View attachment 445827
March 2014
First trophy under Martinez

View attachment 445820

Capital One Cup Final | Wembley Stadium
Sunday 2nd March 2014
Everton 3-2 Manchester United
(Nikica Jelavic x2, Gareth Barry)

Budweiser FA Cup Sixth Round | Stamford Bridge
Saturday 8th March 2014
Chelsea 2-0 Everton

Barclays Premier League Matchday 28 | Cardiff City Stadium
Saturday 15th March 2014
Cardiff City 0-2 Everton
(Gerard Deulofeu, Leon Osman)

Barclays Premier League Matchday 29 | Goodison Park
Wednesday 19th March 2014
Everton 1-1 Hull City
(Romelu Lukaku)

Barclays Premier League Matchday 30 | Villa Park
Saturday 22nd March 2014
Aston Villa 1-0 Everton

Barclays Premier League Matchday 31 | Goodison Park
Wednesday 26th March 2014
Everton 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur
(Sylvain Distin, Romelu Lukaku)

Barclays Premier League Matchday 32 | Anfield
Monday 31st March 2014
Liverpool 1-1 Everton
(Nikica Jelavic)

Managers Opinion:

"We've had some really, really positive results this month and won our first trophy since I arrived. The final was an amazing occasion - the fans were right behind us and we played absolutely excellently against a top quality team. Jelavic put in an outstanding performance and without him I don't think we'd have won the trophy. We took a little dip - getting knocked out of the FA Cup before picking up just one point against Hull and Villa but we changed things around a little and got two excellent results at the end of the month against Spurs and in the Merseyside derby. After winning the first derby, I told the lads to try and do the double. Unfortunately, that wasn't possible but it's good to for the fans and the club that Liverpool haven't beaten us this season."

View attachment 445816

Wooo, first trophy in your first season, well done mate. Champions League beckons for sure in the league too. Keep going. :D

Wooo, first trophy in your first season, well done mate. Champions League beckons for sure in the league too. Keep going. :D

Cheers dude! As long as I don't get sidetracked with other things tonight (I'm moving house this weekend), I should have the end of the season posted later!

Anyone fancy knocking me up some new kits for next season?:)

Message me if you fancy it!

Last edited:
View attachment 445784
April and May 2014
Toffees' Delight

View attachment 445783

Barclays Premier League Matchday 33 | Goodison Park
Saturday 5th April 2014
Everton 2-0 Fulham
(Alvaro, Seamus Coleman)

Barclays Premier League Matchday 34 | Goodison Park
Wednesday 9th April 2014
Everton 3-1 Arsenal
(Nikica Jelavic x2, Gerard Deulofeu)

Barclays Premier League Matchday 35 | St. James' Park
Sunday 20th April 2014
Newcastle United 1-1 Everton
(Steven Pienaar)

Barclays Premier League Matchday 36 | Goodison Park
Sunday 27th April 2014
Everton 0-0 Manchester United

Barclays Premier League Matchday 37 | Britannia Stadium
Saturday 3rd May 2014
Stoke City 1-0 Everton

Barclays Premier League Matchday 38 | Goodison Park
Sunday 11th May 2014
Everton 1-1 Swansea City
(Nikica Jelavic)

Managers Opinion:

"It's been a very good end to the season - finishing in a very positive position of 3rd. We tailed off a little towards the end of the season; going four games without a win but we only lost one of those so it wasn't as though we were being dominated. The 3-1 victory over Arsenal was particularly pleasing because we could have scored 6 or 7 - we were that good. The draw against Swansea was good for the team - it would've been bad for us to end the season with a loss so I'm glad we didn't do that. I'm a little disappointed with some of the results this month, in all honesty. I just feel if our squad had been slightly larger and we had a few more bodies in to fight the fatigue, we may have finished 2nd or even pushed United harder than we did but it's been a very, very good season for us and it's an excellent foundation to build on."

Barclays Premier League Final Table:

View attachment 445782