Rodrigo4073

Reaction score
CHECK OUT FROM THIS POST (CLICK HERE) TO SEE THE UPDATES ON THE TACTIC FOR THE PATCH 14.3 (UPDATED on APRIL 3rd)

Just finished with the new version of the tactic for the 14.3 patch. I'm glad i could keep with the general idea behind my tactics and had very good results, 2 defeats in all season (too bad that one was in the final) and no transfers. Juan Mata won the Ballon'Dor. Also check out the amount of goals conceded, the ones conceded from corners and the yellow cards.

I will keep working on this tactic and testing it with other teams, but it's a very promising start! Good luck, i will put the link below!

2cz4glj.jpg

dzjo1k.jpg

1042pmf.jpg

zvcw1f.jpg

29470xh.jpg

f3c1z8.jpg

Use this version: RODRIGO4073 SOLID 4-4-2 ND RIGID v2.0

Rodrigo4073 4-4-2 Narrow Diamond

• [*=left]INTRODUCTION. The formation is a 4-1-2-1-2 with a rigid and disciplined behaviour, based on a high tempo and an offensive way of playingwith a very solid defensive display.

• RESULTS. First of all, i will post the results and league tables in order to show you what you can achieve using this tactic. In the future, i'll be adding new results since i'm going to test it with almost every kind of team and/or improve it or add new approaches in order to achieve better results. I always test my tactics in the first seasons.
MANCHESTER UNITED. No transfers. Won Premier League, FA Cup, Champions League and Community Shield.
vx7e.jpg

CHELSEA. No transfers. Won Premier League, Champions League, FA Cup, League Cup and European Supercup.
a3cy.jpg

• THE TACTIC. Like i said in the introduction, this tactic is a 4-4-2 narrow diamond. The attacking is based on a quick and balanced way of passing the ball, the central midfielders will try to move it quickly to find spaces in the oppositions defensive line, with the help of the shadow striker and the two false nines. When they find the spot they will try to pass it to the hole and the offensive players will go up and try to finish it without making long shots and hurrying, they will have a lot of clear cut chances. If a teammate is in a better position, they will pass the ball to him. The fullbacks will provide cover but they will not be everytime in the rival's field, although they will also make some direct passing to the spaces. Also, the two box to box midfielders are going to attack a lot, making another threat for the opposition.

In the defensive side of the tactic, we will find the collaboration of every player on the pitch, so teamwork is a must. Every player will mark tight the opponents, and hassle them in order to recover the ball quickly, and maybe start a counter attack. The two central defenders will be very careful and will be in a cover duty, also the fullbacks are going to play closer to them in order to reduce the spaces between the defense. The half back will try to prevent the rival players to throw balls behind your defense, provide cover, and he will have the help of the two box to box midfielders. The shadow striker will try to incordiate the opposite central defenders and sometimes the defensive midfielder so they don't start their attacks with too much freedom. One of the fundamental aspects of the defensive display will be the duty of the two strikers, they will have to mark the opposition fullbacks, and will follow them almost every minute of the match.

IMPORTANT NOTE: the tactic is already configurated to make your F9 mark the fullbacks, but you will have to be paying attention if the opposition changes tactic or uses 3 defenders. When they use a line of three defenders you will have to assign again the markings, your left striker will mark the right central defender, and the inverse goes to your other striker. If they use wingbacks with a defense of five, you can choose between marking the wingbacks or the right/left central defenders.

xmlu.jpg

• THE PLAYERS. I will going to describe all the positions, but i want to make clear that teamwork, work rate, determination, and the rest of mental attributes ar very important in order to have a winning and solid team. Try to find the best player based on the roles, but i'll also point out important attributes that i like or are needed.
GOALKEEPER. SWEEPER KEEPER. Attacking. The best sweeper keeper you can find, rushing out, reflexes and one vs one are very important attributes. Concentration is good too.
Recommended training: sweeper goalkeeper.

CENTRAL DEFENDERS. CENTRAL DEFENDER. Cover. Try to find quick defenders, pace and acceleration are important so your players will be effective in covering their backs. Mental attributes are also important in this positions, you can check the following ones: anticipation, concentration, determination, positioning, and composure. As always, a lot better if he is good at playing the ball.
Recommended training: central defender.

FULLBACKS. FULLBACK. Support. Just try to find a complete one, competent in defense because you will need them to be solid in the back. If you can find someone with good passing and decisions is better, cause they will provide assists.
Recommended training: fullback or complete wingback.

DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER. HALF BACK. Defend. A good destroyer of football, good physical attributes and very competent in defensive duties. If he has good passing and aerial ability a lot better.
Recommended training: ball winning midfielder or half back.

CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS. BOX TO BOX MIDFIELDER. Support. Here you will have a little more of freedom to choose your players. Of course, it will be better to find a good all-round player like Gerrard, Lampard, Fellaini or Yaya Toure. But almost everyone can play here, with diverse outcomes. Workrate, teamwork, determination and the rest of mental attributes are the most important here, and it will be a little bit better if you find a resistent player. You can retrain players to use them here, i did that a lot with good results.
Recommended training: box to box midfielder.

SHADOW STRIKER. SHADOW STRIKER. Attack. This player will try to create and score goals. So make sure he has good technical and creative attributes. Passing, finishing, decisions are important. You can also use a striker here (you can retrain it). Workrate is good.
Recommended training: inside forward or complete forward.

STRIKERS. FALSE NINE. Support. They will end the plays, finishing, dribbling, composure. Pace is good because they will run with the ball quite often, but is not entirely neccesary. Passing and first touch are good too. Here we have a similarity with the box to box midfielders, because you can use different kind of players with mixed results, just trust your instincts.
Recommended training: inside forward or complete forward.

• MATCH PREPARATION AND PRE-SEASON. Try to arrange at least 9 friendlies and put the tactic in the three slots in order to start the season with the tactic almost totally fluid. I recommend teamwork for the seasons but if you find out that it's not effective or you prefer another configuration it's ok.
PRE-SEASON.
0cew.jpg

SEASON.
c36l.jpg

• OTHER STUFF.
PITCH SIZE. Standard.

OPPOSITION INSTRUCTIONS. None.

TEAM TALKS. Assistant Manager.

RED CARDS. Take off the Shadow Striker.

SUBSTITUTIONS. I always try that the players on the field are not less than 70-75%, so substitute them if they are not in a good shape. I also substitute the players with yellow cards that have defensive duties in order to prevent playing with less men.

SET PIECES. I used Jassar's configurations (attacking corners and free kicks) mixed with my own ones in the defensive aspect since it wasn't working well for me. Conceded on corners only 5 in 38 matches with Chelsea and 1 with Man Utd.

APPROACH. I do not change the tactic if i'm losing or winning, if i play away or home. I tried to designed so it works universally. But feel free to change anything if you think that it's not working good for you, i'm happy with my outcomes

• USER SCREENSHOTS AND RESULTS.
Tomw3
472932d1390141886-rodrigo4073-442-narrow-diamond-plug-play-tottenham-hotspur_-fixtures-schedule.png

I don't understand. You state that the tactic isn't working for the new patch but it's working fine for me. Currently on my first season with Tottenham and I'm unbeaten in the league and I've alos only signed Lewandolski.
472933d1390141907-rodrigo4073-442-narrow-diamond-plug-play-tottenham_-transfers-transfer-history.png

Anyway brilliant tactic and keep up the good work. PS Sorry about where the screenshots are
wink.gif

Crane.

Quickly plugged this into an old save game, the day of the match so tactic familiarity was way, way down. I'm Liverpool btw.

9e35.jpg

Second game, not bad!
mt73.jpg

VeeMaN.
Hi there.

Although had a great first 3 seasons with Spurs (winning League cup twice, FA cup and Prem title) this 4th season had left be bwilderded as my trusty old tactics wer failing hard. Was sitting in 7th and way behind the leader i decided to try your latest tactics out.

First 3 games have gone so far....WIN vs Man uts 2-0, WIN vs CSKA Moscow 3-0 and WIN vs Arsenal 6-0 (with Lamela banging in 4).

So far so very AWSOME!

stevelcfc2008
HA HA HA This just happened using your tactic!!! (Im Argentina BTW!)
471107d1389980506-eye-eye-14-2-tested-southampton-roma-ajax-atletico-dortmund-lille-argentina-v-spain_-info-overview.png

spuavick
471340d1390000600-eye-eye-14-2-tested-southampton-roma-ajax-atletico-dortmund-lille-2014-01-18_00001.jpg

After some games with this match (yes, yes load & save - I want check if this possible win against PSG by small club) other tactic, I use yours Rodrigo and... I won - shock... this tactic has a potential - thx ;)

Well, this is all for now, i'll keep my testings and let you know if i make any changes or anything. I hope i can receive some feedback, cheers!

Last edited:
On your ss of the formation your two strikers are on support, yet you say one is on attack

Looks like a fantastic tactic. Going to try this out now!

On your ss of the formation your two strikers are on support, yet you say one is on attack
Are you sure mate? I don't see that. The shadow striker is on attack duty, he is an AMC, and the two false nines are in support.

Are you sure mate? I don't see that. The shadow striker is on attack duty, he is an AMC, and the two false nines are in support.
Sorry my mistake mate still early :p do you think this will work with arsenal

Sorry my mistake mate still early :p do you think this will work with arsenal
Yes, of course. Big teams will do good, another user tested my previous versions (which were far less consistent) with Arsenal and had an incredible season, winning everything. I will also test it on Arsenal later. Now i'm running a test with Crystal Palace with no transfers, 2w 2d 0l so far, with a very bad team. First draw was against Liverpool and we deserved the win. Let me know how it goes if you try it! Cheers!

Yes, of course. Big teams will do good, another user tested my previous versions (which were far less consistent) with Arsenal and had an incredible season, winning everything. I will also test it on Arsenal later. Now i'm running a test with Crystal Palace with no transfers, 2w 2d 0l so far, with a very bad team. First draw was against Liverpool and we deserved the win. Let me know how it goes if you try it! Cheers!
No problem mate will give this a go when I come back from celtic game today

Hi Rodrigo! I would like to try your tactic with Rome.
De Sanctis, Maicon, Benatia, Castan, Balzaretti, De Rossi, Florenzi, Strootman, Ljajic, Destro, Totti.

Do you think this will work?

Hi Rodrigo! I would like to try your tactic with Rome.
De Sanctis, Maicon, Benatia, Castan, Balzaretti, De Rossi, Florenzi, Strootman, Ljajic, Destro, Totti.

Do you think this will work?
Indeed. You also have Bradley that can provide good cover for your midfielders. Serie A tends to be difficult at first, very irregular but i think you will have a good season if you try it, your players are very adequated for the tactic. Good luck!

Indeed. You also have Bradley that can provide good cover for your midfielders. Serie A tends to be difficult at first, very irregular but i think you will have a good season if you try it, your players are very adequated for the tactic. Good luck!

Thanks!

Hey rodrigo. Nice work :)

Is the set piece setup a part of your downloadable tactic or do I have to set it up manually?

Hey rodrigo. Nice work :)

Is the set piece setup a part of your downloadable tactic or do I have to set it up manually?

Hi mate, thank you! Yes, it is already in the tactic. It's all plug and play! Cheers!

Quick reply. Thanks man.

I will try to win he league with Valencia and your tactic :)

Quickly plugged this into an old save game, the day of the match so tactic familiarity was way, way down. I'm Liverpool btw.

9e35.jpg

Second game, not bad!

mt73.jpg

Last edited:

9e35.jpg

Second game, not bad!

mt73.jpg

Amazing results mate! Also you can see here, as i said in the OP, that you will not have sooo many shots but you will be very effective, those screenshots show that. Thanks for the feedback pal, hope you have some success with the tactic. Cheers!

could anyone post some SS after playing for lower league teams?
thanks in advance

Amazing results mate! Also you can see here, as i said in the OP, that you will not have sooo many shots but you will be very effective, those screenshots show that. Thanks for the feedback pal, hope you have some success with the tactic. Cheers!

Yeah cheers mate. Going to use it for my proper Liverpool game, just finished the first season. I'll keep you updated. Need a couple more strikers though. Do you think the likes of Mitrovic and Jackson Martinez would work? Had my eye on them for a while. Probably going to try and get Quintero to rotate with Coutinho for the AMC role.

could anyone post some SS after playing for lower league teams?
thanks in advance
Not tested yet with lower teams mate, i will let you know when i do it.

Yeah cheers mate. Going to use it for my proper Liverpool game, just finished the first season. I'll keep you updated. Need a couple more strikers though. Do you think the likes of Mitrovic and Jackson Martinez would work? Had my eye on them for a while. Probably going to try and get Quintero to rotate with Coutinho for the AMC role.
I'm not sure mate, Mitrovic is an interesting player and can do a good job, but he is not such a team player, and the same goes for Martinez, it's also a decent striker but struggles mentally. But maybe it's me, i have this "obsession" with mental attributes such as determination since FM13 hehe. Aspas played very well as a false nine for me.

rodrigo, i noticed you said to the guy playing roma that his lineup was good, yet he had destro in one striker position, who is more of a poacher/target man/finisher, and totti, who i think would be more suited for the AMC role

what's the ideal type of partnership/player type in the striker positions?

and with the AMC how important is finishing, do they create more or feed off the ST's more?

and sorry for all the questions but last one, who were your main strikers for chelsea, and the main AMC you used, and their performances?

thanks for the help, just want to get a better idea of how your tactic plays before i start my save for it