Roman looking to leave Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajt09

Nice Guy Gramps
Reaction score
Pavyluchenko has said he is looking to leave Spurs in the summer, due to the fact that Redknapp is continuously overlooking him, despite being fully fit and ready to play.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6731638,00.html

I am surprised he hasn't been given more of a chance, if he has been indeed fully fit, and maybe he should have got a chance, and maybe changed the game against Fulham which resulted in a 4-0 loss. Is he good enough for Spurs, or was he simply not good enough?

He's wildly inconsistent. Internationals and flashes of quality have shown he's a talented player - and indeed he has all the raw attributes to succeed - but his inconsistency has rightly lead to his dropping.

A team around the level of Newcastle might be the making of him.

I remember when he first appeared on the scene, and had sooo much potential, and thought he would have flourished.
He was indeed linked to Newcastle after Carroll buggered off. I was surprised they didn't make move for him. He would have fitted into the team pretty well like. If he doesn't go there in summer, wonder where he would go.

Liverpool would have been better off signing this bloke instead of Carroll IMO.

Liverpool would have been better off signing this bloke instead of Carroll IMO.

It's like Godcubed said though-the inconsistency. If Liverpool did buy him, I suspect the fans would've been a bit narked. Carrolls shown he can be consistent, and is loaded with ability. Pav, not so sure. Saying that, Liverpools coaching staff could've made him better I guess. Ifs and buts i suppose.
sayin that as well, was on local news earlier NUFC wanted Aliadière as a replacement for Carroll. Couldn't believe it when I heard that.

Last edited:
It's like Godcubed said though-the inconsistency. If Liverpool did buy him, I suspect the fans would've been a bit narked. Carrolls shown he can be consistent, and is loaded with ability. Pav, not so sure. Saying that, Liverpools coaching staff could've made him better I guess. Ifs and buts i suppose.
sayin that as well, was on local news earlier NUFC wanted Aliadière as a replacement for Carroll. Couldn't believe it when I heard that.
I don't see how you can say Carrol has shown he can be consistent, he's never even played a full Premier League season yet. Its alright saying Pavyluchenko is inconsistent but its hard to get any consistency going if your constantly in and out of the team.

If that happens, I will put a bounty on Ashley's head

I don't see how you can say Carrol has shown he can be consistent, he's never even played a full Premier League season yet. Its alright saying Pavyluchenko is inconsistent but its hard to get any consistency going if your constantly in and out of the team.

Fair point-but I was going by what I saw on tv. Each time I saw him, he was either scoring, gettin into good positions or just creating chances. I don't watch Newcastle matches, so i'm just going by what I saw on Tv.

To be honest, I feel like the the main reason he is overlooked is because both Defoe and VDV, when either one plays alongside Pavlyuchenko, are usually unable to produce much. On the other hand, a lot of VDV's goals have come when he has played just behind Crouch. He feeds very well off the aerial battles won by Crouch. On top of that, as GodCubed said, he is too inconsistent to be a regular starter.

Carroll is a consisent player, his workrate is second to none and gives 110% in every game, as for some strikers I could mention. Plus his goal to game record is one of the best in the prem....As much as I hate him not being at our club..He will be a sucess at Liverpool.

He's been linked with Sporting CP a few times now. Sporting is having elections next March, and i reckon that at least one of the candidates will try to bring him in. Would be awesome!

Shut up with the inconsistency bollocks!
You'd be inconsistent if you only got 20 minutes here, 10 minutes there.
Its been hard for him, He still barely speaks English.
And still if you look at his goal record its nothing short of outstanding considering his circumstances.
Im a massive Pavlyuchenko fan, If he'd joined a club that started him every week in the Premier League i believe he'd be in the top 5 goalscorers right now. Similar to Darren Bent, Hes on a par with Drogba and Rooney n Torres with the amount hes scored. That was a mistake to sell for Spurs and i think Pavlyuchenko will be too.
With Keane gone and now Pav wanting out, Im left scratching my head wondering whats gone wrong with our once quality strikers, Crouch has got about 2 goals, Defoe cant find the net. It all in the midfield.
We definately need to grab a top quality striker in the summer now this has come out!

Shut up with the inconsistency bollocks!
You'd be inconsistent if you only got 20 minutes here, 10 minutes there.
Its been hard for him, He still barely speaks English.
And still if you look at his goal record its nothing short of outstanding considering his circumstances.
Im a massive Pavlyuchenko fan, If he'd joined a club that started him every week in the Premier League i believe he'd be in the top 5 goalscorers right now. Similar to Darren Bent, Hes on a par with Drogba and Rooney n Torres with the amount hes scored. That was a mistake to sell for Spurs and i think Pavlyuchenko will be too.
With Keane gone and now Pav wanting out, Im left scratching my head wondering whats gone wrong with our once quality strikers, Crouch has got about 2 goals, Defoe cant find the net. It all in the midfield.
We definately need to grab a top quality striker in the summer now this has come out!

Well, I'm sorry, but we can only go on what we've seen and from what I've seen he's inconsistent. There's no point speculating on what might be if he started regularly, because we don't know.

I much prefer him to Crouch, I think this is the only thing Arry has done wrong when it comes to squad selection, play Pav

i thought originally when he was brought in he was over rated but the more ive seen him the more i began to like him, hes a decent player and dreadfully unlucky, i think he should move to........EVERTON :p

Pav is a great player, would have loved to see Liverpool bring him in but it seems the owners are interested in younger players, which is fair enough, but I hope he doesn't leave the Premier League, he is quality.

I'm up and down regarding my feeling for Pavlyuchenko. On one hand, I always want to see him play a match because I know the ability is there to score a fantastic goal and win us the 3 points on his own, however; there have been numerous times when he has started for us, and played the full 90 minutes and missed a host of chances, where Defoe or Crouch could have done better.

I would like to see him getting a prolonged run in the team though. I do think we tend to play 'better' football with him, rather than Crouch starting.

tbh i dont blame him, flashes of quality here and there but I doubt he can lead the Spurs front line, Still he is a quality player and it would e interesting to see him at the likes of Aston Villa, Everton etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.