Ronaldinho 'Almost Certain' To Rejoin Gremio

StuW

Why So Serious?
Reaction score
It is all over Spain & Italy, and Sports sites. AC Milan's Brazilian playmaker is set to rejoin boyhood club Gremio in his native Brazil.

MARCA(Spanish Translated)
GOAL
4-4-2

Any views?

Hope he regains form there, he is a true legend of the game and his skill is unbelievable

Heard about this the other day. Apparently going to be a loan until the Summer when they'll sign him permanently.

Disappointing as I always love watching him play, but if he moves to Brazil I'll rarely get to see him. A legendary player in his day. Will be missed in European football without a doubt. Also makes the signing of Antonio Cassano more understandable.

Most likely a 'Adriano' type move, plays for a year, regains form, returns to Europe.

Most likely a 'Adriano' type move, plays for a year, regains form, returns to Europe.

Difference being that Ronaldinho is already 30 years old. Meaning a lot of the top European clubs wouldn't take him back to Europe knowing his best years are behind him and that he will slowly go further downhill and just eat up the clubs wages.

Also, he said he wanted to end his career at Gremio after he signed for PSG, so if he does sign I don't see him ever leaving. Although he'll probably do a Robinho and be made captain immediately become an icon once again.

Big loss for European Football first Ronaldo and Roberto Carlos Now Ronaldinho he's still my favourite player

I thought he was playing a lot for AC.

He has been playing regularly for Milan, but only because of Pato's continuous injury problems. Otherwise I imagine Robinho & Pato would be starting on the flanks, with Ibrahimovic in the centre.

Cassano will take up his role I imagine.

I thought he was playing a lot for AC.

He hasn't been able to hold down a first team place. With Robinho, Pato, Ronaldinho and Ibrahimovic all vying for a front 3, one of them was always going miss out.

Ibra gets selected because he's the main striker and their goalscorer.
Pato gets selected because he's the fan man. The fans adore him and he's meant to be their next big thing.
Robinho and Ronaldinho have usually been left fighting for the last position with Robinho winning more as his performances have been better.

All the best to him, a truly superb player. The most exciting player I have ever had the extreme player of watching. I hope he does well.

wasn't he linked with a move to liverpool or man city

He hasn't been able to hold down a first team place. With Robinho, Pato, Ronaldinho and Ibrahimovic all vying for a front 3, one of them was always going miss out.

Pato gets selected because he's the fan man. The fans adore him and he's meant to be their next big thing.
Robinho and Ronaldinho have usually been left fighting for the last position with Robinho winning more as his performances have been better.

I've seen a few AC games lately and the front three have been in fire

boateng as well, was watching their game the other day and the announcers were talking about Dinho, but they weren't sure who they would take off for him.

Mid table team ?

He could fit into any starting 11 in England.

Good move by him tbh, hopefully it works out like it did with Robinho, Adriano etc..., maybe he can regain some form over there.

Seems that today's Samba Stars are Megastars, and end up spending more time doing adverts etc than they do training. Look at the afore-mentioned Roberto Carlos, Robinho, Rivaldo, Adriano. They were at one point the best players in their position on the planet. The fame that came with that has affected them adversely, and they have all had to return to Brazil to get away from the glare of the cameras to rebuild themselves as footballers and people.