Ronaldinho: Legendary Player, Legendary....Manager?

bdearaujo

Reaction score

Who I am? Some may call me a master, some may call me a legend, heck, some may even call me a party goer. I won Player of the Year twice and I am a World Cup Winner. I'm one of the few players that won both UEFA Champion League and Copa Libertadores and I was named by Pele one of the FIFA 100. By now, you should know who I am?

Need help?

OK

View attachment 246817

My name Ronaldo de Assis Moreira or famously known as Ronaldinho. I have played for Gremio, Paris Saint-Germain, FC Barcelona, AC Milan, Flamengo, Atletico Mineiro and recently Queretaro. I mostly play as an attacking midfielder or forward. I won the FIFA World Player of the Year award in 2004 and 2005. I'm known for my technique, tricks, dribbling, overhead kicks, no-look passes and free kicks, many call me one of the best players of this generation.

I played 97 matches and scored 33 goals for the Brazil national football team. I was an integral part of the 2002 FIFA World Cup winning team in Korea/Japan, starring alongside my friends Ronaldo and Rivaldo in an attacking trio, and was named in the FIFA World Cup All-Star Team.

I started my club career with Gremio in 1998 during the 1998 Copa Libertadores. I helped Gremio win Campeonato Gaucho in 1998 and Copa Sul-Minas in 1999. In 2001, I signed a five-year contract with French side Paris Saint-Germain in a €5 million transfer. I made his league debut for the club on 4 August 2001 appearing as a substitute in a 1–1 draw with Auxerre and scored his my goal for the club on 13 October in a 2–2 draw against Lyon converting the equalizing penalty.

I had a problem with my former coach Luis Fernandez after he "claimed" I was partying to hard with the ladies. Stupid guy. Anyways even though I played my best, I couldn't help PSG get into European Competition. But I managed to give PSG the UEFA Interoto Cup in 2001. After 2 season with the club, I went to Barcelona for a fee of €30 million. I must say that these next 5 years at the Barcelona was one of my better playing of my career. I made 207 appearance with 97 goals and help Barca win 2 La Liga in 2005 and 2006, Supercopa de Espana in 2005 and 2006 and the UEFA Champions League in 2006 while winning 2 FIFA Player of the Year award both in 2004 and 2005.

After 5 seasons with the club and playing with Messi, went to Milan for 3 seasons while winning Serie A in 2011. After my stint in Italy, I decided to return to Brazil to continue my playing career. I wanted to go back to Gremio but Flamengo gave me an offer that was impossible to refuse. I was well received by 20,000 fans during my introduction and promised to get Flamengo back to the top. After I helped them win Campeonato Carioca in 2011, the team refused to pay my wages for 4 months and I was called an embarrassment by national television Globo TV.

After leaving Flamengo, Atletico Mineiro gave me a chance to redeem myself and gave me a 6 month contract. I told them that I didn't want to have an big introduction since my name was damaged but I wanted to regain my reputation by playing my best. After finishing so close in 2012 with a 2nd place finish in Brasileirão, signed another 1 year contract with Atletico Mineiro and helped them win their 1st Copa Libertadores and their 42nd Campeonato Mineiro. In 2014, after winning the Recopa Sudamericana, Atletico Mineiro and I reached an agreement to cancel my contract with the club by mutual consent.

In summer of 2014, I signed with Mexican side Queretaro and help them reach their 1st Liga MX final but fell short.

Now my story begins on July 1st, 2015...​

View attachment 246803

Ronaldinho set to leave Queretaro after just one season in Liga MX. Retirement?

View attachment 246801

Brazilian star Ronaldinho's time at Mexican side Queretaro appears to be coming to an end, with manager Victor Manuel Vucetich confirming on Tuesday that the club is looking to offload the 35-year-old.

"It will depend on various factors and things, but the idea is that he no longer participates for us," Vucetich told reporters in Cancun at Liga MX's annual draft.

"Marketing-wise it was an enormous success, he's got great quality, but we need players that contribute in all aspects. Mexican soccer needs people that are on the up, not on the slide and that is very important for the league."

The former Barcelona and AC Milan hero - contracted until the end of the 2015-2016 campaign - has previously been linked with Kabuscorp, which claimed in February that Ronaldinho is a 'certainty' to join the Angolan club in June, while MLS champion Los Angeles Galaxy has emerged as a possible destination.

Ronaldinho arrived in Mexico amid much fanfare in September but the 34-year-old has endured a turbulent season, with the star recruit failing to cement a starting berth as Queretaro lost Liga MX's Clausura final to Santos Laguna.

The 35-year-old also wrote about his new career development on social networking sites Twitter and Instagram.
He wrote: "I want to thank all the Mexican nation for all the days that I have lived with people so special, you will be forever in my heart. To my team-mates thank you very much for every day of work, every moment, every laugh, our conversations in the hotel. I learned a lot during this stay."

"To all my fans thank you very much, especially to my friends Arturo Villanueva, Mario Chicks and the tireless Sarah Vergara who helped me in all stages since the arrival until the time to sign the termination tonight."
"Thank you very much the Nation Gallos Blancos, which made me very proud to wear this shirt and defend this club. Roosters forever," he added.

"In July, I will be in Mexico and I promise to say goodbye personally. Thank you Queretaro FC! Thank you Mexico! Now I am going to take advantage of the holidays to rest and think about the future. Obrigadoooooooo."

But as rumor is rumor there always a chance for retirement as many clubs are not interested in aging players and with a player like Ronaldinho, anything not elite level is unacceptable.

Cant wait to see where he ends up, should be epic!

For once I'm actually going to follow a story :)

Awesome presentation mate !
Always had a soft spot for Dinho !

View attachment 246468

End of an Era

Ronaldinho Retires and want to Pursue Management.

View attachment 246457

The 2 time FIFA Player of the Year has announced his retirement from the beautiful game after 17 years. His announcement was announced on Sunday during Globo TV show Esporte Espetacular.

"This will be the hardest decision of my life. I will retire from football. My body will not let me perform like I use to years ago. I got offer from MLS, Turkey and Brazil to continue playing but I told them that I could not give them my 100%." said Ronaldinho.

But it's not all bad news. Ronaldinho wants to continue with football saying that we want to become a manager.

"But I do want to manage a club. It's my next challenge." he said. "But I have to said something that I cannot hold it for any longer. The party Ronaldinho was all a lie. I was actually studying to get my coaching license and I did not want anyone to know. I didn't want anyone to think that I was quitting playing football early to coach. It was always a back up plan in case I suffered a career-ending injury.

"I know that coaching will be hard. I know that I will not be successful in my first year. Like my good friends Jamie Carragher, Javier Gonzales Mendez and Manuel Pablo, it may be my 3rd team that I will start having success. But want to be like them, never giving up."

Ronaldinho left Queretaro early June after terminating his contract and was linked to MLS side Los Angeles Galaxy and New York Red Bulls, Brazilian side Vasco and Cruzeiro and Turkey's Antalyaspor.

He also played for Gremio, PSG, Barcelona, AC Milan, Flamengo, and Atletico Mineiro. He gained popularity during his Barcelona days after helping them win La Liga twice and Barca first Champions League in 2006 since 1992. Being a force to be reckon with, Ronaldinho was a game changer and made everyone around him better.

For Brazil, his 97 cap with 33 goals, he won the 2002 World Cup and 1999 Copa America.​

As the retired life goes, I was enjoying a great time at the Copacabana beach in Rio de Janeiro with my family and friends including my close friend Kobe Bryant

View attachment 246053

Eating churrasco and drinking Skol, I was having the time of my life. My son is playing beach football with his friends, making me proud as usual, there was some samba dancing and even a couple of singing, which I good at. Maybe if managing doesn't work out, I might be a singer. These are the days that I wish it would never end!

"Ok thank you" I hear my brother Roberto form a distance as he hung up his phone. "Ronaldo, I got good news for you! I got you two interview in Europe to manage a club."

Shocked that just a couple of weeks ago was told the world that I was retiring, now team actually wants me to coach for them.

"Really? That amazing! Who are the clubs?"

"Torino from Italy and Arsenal from England"

Arsenal? I mean know that Arsene Wenger retired at the end of the EPL but I would thought that they would want a manager that actually has reputation. Torino, I know that they won't be the same Torino from the 1940s and will always be under Juventus but I will still be an exciting challenge.

"Roberto, tell them that I want to speak with both of them and book us a flight to Europe."

Now I'm excited

View attachment 903495

As I arrive to London, I get in a Roll Royce and drive to Arsenal Training Centre where Chairman Andreas Wyder greets me, and we get straight to business.

"Thank you Andreas for taking the time to see me" I started.

"A legend like yourself should be given a chance and I think that this club is a great start" said Andreas confidently "But I cannot give you any special treatment so I will have to ask you some question."

"I understand and not worries I don't want any special treatment or anything. I just want a fair chance."

"OK, lets get to business. Arsenal is one of the biggest club in the world and many fans would like to see an experience manager taking charge of the team. Since you don't have any experience, I should I give you the job?"

"Look" I said straight to his eyes "I just looking at the right opportunity to step in my new career as a manager, I know Arsenal and its brand but I believe that this club is a correct step for me and my career."

"OK, as the club has a big resource to your disposal, is that something that you would be able to handle?"

"Yes, I believe that giving myself rules will help me uses those resources wisely."

"Wenger left the team that way that he intended to be with a directly defending style of playing. We wish to keep the same style but I would consider changing it."

"I am more for a attacking style manager so I am not to familiar with defending so my philosophy as alway been attacking"

"Fair. We always like signing young players to be featured in our squad. Is that something that you be OK with?"

"No problem"

"We are looking for a place in Champions League. Is that something that you can finish?"

"Yes, I think that is a realistic expectation for me to achieve."

"We have a transfer budget of 43 million and wage budget of 2.6 million, is that something you can work with?"

"Yes"

"Well this will conclude our interview. We will contact you if anything. Thank you for coming and good luck."

"Thank you and Goodbye"

That was a interview but I more excited than nervous because I finally got pass my first interview and now I'm ready for anything. As Roberto and I leave the Training Centre, I tell him "Now book the flight to Torino."

View attachment 246024

Ahhhh! Beautiful Turin, one of the places that I loved going to during my Milan days. As I got in the car to go to the meeting, I looked at the amazing streets, filled with people and and smell of pizza making me hungry.

We get to Stadio Olimpico di Torino and the first person that greets us is the chairman of the club, Urbano Cairo. We goes in the office and have a quick chat then we go down to business.

"I love this city!" I said "Thank you for taking the time to speak with me."

"My pleasure, so lets get down to business. Torino is one of the oldest club in Italy and have a great history in calcio. I must admit that in recent time, our history in this great club as not been kind to us. So the fact that you really don't have any managerial experience is not a big factor as we are trying to change our culture to a winning one." Urbano looked at me with a big look. "Is that something you want to be in? An exciting project?"

"I always loved winning and winning is something that I want to bring here."

"That the confident manager that I want to see. We love to keep our backroom staff here is that something that you would accept?"

"Not a problem"

"How about with our Football Director?"

"Samething, no problem."

"Since we want to change our culture, we really don't have any philosophy in terms of playing style but what we do want is to sign young player to our squad and we want some high profile players."

"My philosophy has always been attacking but with the freedom that I'm given, I am happy with it. Signing big name players will be a challenge but its some thing that I can work my way around."

"Fair enough. We are looking for a top half finish this season with a budget of 19 million and wage of 525 Thousand, is that some thing that would be possible?"

"I think that expectation is realistic and budget is a great start."

"So that ends our interview if any thing will will contract you. Thank you."

"Again, thank you for having me here."

Now that both interview has finished, now I can either wait for a call or keep looking for more clubs available.

Or look for a pizzeria.​

View attachment 245974

As I am in my house in Porto Alegre, playing Football Manager 16 on my laptop, managing Barcelona to their 6 straight La Liga title, I hear a knock on my door.

I open and its Roberto. He just come in charging and says "Both Arsenal and Torino wants you!"

"WOW! Already?" Shocked that I succeed in both of my first two interviews.

"But their one more news, Santos wants to talk to you" Roberto stated

"I'm flattered but if I wanted to coach in Brazil it has to be either Gremio, the club I have a soft spot on or Atletico Mineiro, the club that gave me a second chance to revive my career. So tell Santos that I'm sorry."

"Will do. But now you have a choice to make: Arsenal, one of the biggest club in Europe or Torino, a special project."

As look at both paper:

View attachment 245972
View attachment 245971

Decision, Decision....​

I'd go with Torino, more challenging than Arsenal , and way more realistic that they'd go for an unexperinced manager. On the other hand Arsenal is an easy way into European football, and an easy towards winning your first managerial trophy. But I'd still go with Torino :)

Take none of them. Wait till Mineiro or Gremio fire their manager. Then apply there. Take the Gremio ot Mineiro job, win the Club World Cup and then go to europe :D