Ronaldo wants more 'protection' from rough opponents

• Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date
  • Replies 58
  • Views 4K
99% of people watch football to see the best players turn it on. If said player is getting booted all over the pitch then how can they play football
but he wasnt getting booted about, the refs have been very fair this world cup, he was going down at the slightest contact. on a bigger topic we are too physical in the prem, but in the context of the world cup, he needs to stop whining

Sigh, I bet most people who take this approach wish they where foreign, and believe in Foriegn managers, With Foreign Ways, I bet these are the people who hate 4-4-2, dont understand the talent britian has to offer... Oh wait...

As themadsheep says, if he were taking a lot of bad tackles from behind like Torres does, then I could understand his frustration and would agree fully with him. However, the only real problem he faced was that he was facing a very physically fit team who closed him down and shut him out of a game. The upside for his team is that should have created space elsewhere away from Ronaldo, but I'd hazard a guess that he'd have a strop if they stopped trying to play solely through him and someone else grabbed the limelight.

like a man

but he wasnt getting booted about, the refs have been very fair this world cup, he was going down at the slightest contact. on a bigger topic we are too physical in the prem, but in the context of the world cup, he needs to stop whining

I'm speaking in general. This includes Messi, Rooney and co. I want to see good football and if the best footballers are getting kicked off the pitch then what's the point

I'm speaking in general. This includes Messi, Rooney and co. I want to see good football and if the best footballers are getting kicked off the pitch then what's the point
ok on that i do agree with. in the prem we dont play tough but fair (think lucio style defending, can pinch the ball with a perfect slide, or pinch it with a good standing tackle) we just play tough. we act like defending comes from just being physical and rough, when its not, good defending is art.

Why is everyone asking someone so Feminine to 'Man up'.

He needs to get his *** back in the kitchen, and make me a sandwich.

Why is everyone asking someone so Feminine to 'Man up'.

He needs to get his *** back in the kitchen, and make me a sandwich.

Probably the best sandwich in the world (6)

I could understand where he's coming from, if he had been on the end of a leg breaking tackle, example Wistel's tackle on Wasilewski [YouTube- Axel Witsel-Wasilewski Anderlecht-Standard - not pretty be warned], but I cant say I have not seen him on the end of something like that, so it makes no sense to me. Refs have been spot on at the world cup so far so he has nothing to moan about.

I could understand where he's coming from, if he had been on the end of a leg breaking tackle, example Wistel's tackle on Wasilewski [YouTube- Axel Witsel-Wasilewski Anderlecht-Standard - not pretty be warned], but I cant say I have not seen him on the end of something like that, so it makes no sense to me. Refs have been spot on at the world cup so far so he has nothing to moan about.
that wasnt a tackle that was serious assualt imo

If he didn't dive so much, people may take his complaints more seriously.

You know you're having a bad day when you feel the need to complain about a defence containing a former-Dunfermline and now-Hibs defender..... :|

Last edited:
Well, I think Ronnie has body-building enough to take some tackles, so he should get more physical, I mean, he spent hours and hours at the gym even back in Sporting CP, he literally spent whole nights in the gym. Should use more his strength and complain less. On the other side, due to his cockyness and arrogance, I always get the feeling that the defenders don't quite let him play. Look at this last game, you think Demel would have started an argument with, let's say, Simão if he was the one suffering the foul? I honestly don't think so.

Shouldn't complain but he is kind of right, he always gets a 'special treatment'

As themadsheep says, if he were taking a lot of bad tackles from behind like Torres does, then I could understand his frustration and would agree fully with him. However, the only real problem he faced was that he was facing a very physically fit team who closed him down and shut him out of a game. The upside for his team is that should have created space elsewhere away from Ronaldo, but I'd hazard a guess that he'd have a strop if they stopped trying to play solely through him and someone else grabbed the limelight.

Torres doesnt get kicked. :S. He got kicked when he first joined liverpool, By reading most Famously, but he scored 3 in that game, so clubs have stopped, Even if he does get kicked, Ronaldo shood just be like Rooney, Rooney Shrugs it off, and Goes "physical" In response,

I honesltly think The prem isnt too physical either, It is just right. You get PLayers like Parker who are committed beyond belief, and Physical teams like Blackburn and stoke being able to compete properly.

Do we reall want a league full of teams, playing 2 yards passes all over the place? Where players are scared to tackle a player? I know My answer.

If I had heard this and was about to play against him it would make me want to break his legs even more the *****.

Most of the reactions here prove hes right. 'would make me want to break his legs even more'

Your talking about breaking legs now? None of you have the balls to break someones legs.