Rooney is PFA player of the year

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 2K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Wayne Rooney beats off competition from Didier Drogba, Carlos Tevez and Cesc Fabregas to be voted the Professional Footballers' Association player of the year.

More...

he deserved 100% but i think lampard should of been up aswell

Thoroughly deserved. Well done Rooney.

Well done Waynetta...

More importantly did Joey win Young player of the year?

milner young player. definatly deserved from rooney. the only ache i got is lampard not being in team of the season is an absolute joke.

he deserved it 100% imo but i feel Lampard should have been atleest nominated..

What the **** bbc.
James fletcher? what a disgrace.

Why was James Milner voted as young player of the year ?
Isn't he like 25 or something ?

Looking at it though, Rooney, Fabregas, Drogba and Tevez have all been in **** hot form this season and I don't mean any disrespect to any Chelsea fans but Lampard has had better seasons, and it's only fair that these 4 got the most recognition.

Looking at it though, Rooney, Fabregas, Drogba and Tevez have all been in **** hot form this season and I don't mean any disrespect to any Chelsea fans but Lampard has had better seasons, and it's only fair that these 4 got the most recognition.

better seasons??? this is his best return 20 league goals and 25 in all competitions.

To be fair on goal scoring terms i think this might be one of his best seasons ever.:O

I think he had a poor start but he's been on fire for a while now.:D

I'd be amazed if anyone is surprised by this :S

Yeah, I didn't mean on goalscoring terms, just overall. I think the last couple of seasons he's been amazing, and this season the four nominated have been better. Meh, personal opinion.

How Rooney didn't win Young Player I'll never know.

Rob Green? Nah
David James? Nah
Ben Foster? Who?
Scott Carson? Seriously?!
Joe Hart? Now he's keeper of the year if he doesn't go to the World Cup now I will donate 5 quid to the site.

Back