Rooney is PFA player of the year

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 2K
Milner turned 24 in January so I haven't got a clue.
Team of the year includes Thomas Vermaelen. Disgraceful. Vermaelen has been hot and cold this year, some very good goals but some shambolic errors. There are 6-7 center backs more worthy of a place in team of the year.

On Topic:- Rooney probably does deserve it, I'm not being biased but he's had the best season of his career and has bagged a **** of a lot of goals.

milner young player. definatly deserved from rooney. the only ache i got is lampard not being in team of the season is an absolute joke.

also how the **** hasnt malouda been included his been the best winger in the prem this season

If I'm not wrong Voting was done in or before feb, Lampard was not that Great at that time. This time i have to say players got selected based on performances rather than reputation. Best example is Dunne. Had it been any other season you would have seen Mr terry and Vidic taking that place.

No offence but I feel Dawson deserves as much as Vermaleen. Vermaleen scored few goals thats it. Defensively he is not top class, still improving. I would have gone for Dawson. He should be in the England squad.

Here was the EPL team of the year for anyone who didn't know:

How Fletcher got in the team over Lampard I don't know.
The others I agree with and am pleased Ivanovic got in at right back :)

Vermaelen and Fabregas? I can agree with that. :)

How young do you have to be to win the Young Player of the Year ?

you have to be 23 on the 31st august 2009. to qualify for this season young player adward

To be Honest, when i saw fletcher got in the team. i did cream a little bit(A)

Fully deserved award for Rooney. Thought Tevez would have got into the Team of the Year

8 out of the 11 play for a so called "top 4 club" which imo is a disgrace. Deservedly so there's no Liverpool player in there, though i wouldn't have been suprised had Reina been in there, been brilliant all season imo.
but still, they should pick players on class rather than reputation.

8 out of the 11 play for a so called "top 4 club" which imo is a disgrace. Deservedly so there's no Liverpool player in there, though i wouldn't have been suprised had Reina been in there, been brilliant all season imo.
Surely seeing as the top 4 clubs have the most money they will have bought all the players with the most "class" so it's a pretty fair reflection of things.
This year is better than most for putting people in the team who have had a good team rather than just players with a big reputation i think.

Reina over Hart?!

Don't think so mate.

How did Valencia get in the team? He has been completly average this season and hes playing for a team that wins almost every week. I think Pienaar deserves a mention, maybe in team instead of Valencia, hes been class all year and has such great skill. Also, sets up loads of goals and scores a few too.

How did Valencia get in the team? He has been completly average this season and hes playing for a team that wins almost every week. I think Pienaar deserves a mention, maybe in team instead of Valencia, hes been class all year and has such great skill. Also, sets up loads of goals and scores a few too.
Completely average?oO)
Have you even watched him play this season?XD

****** **** that is rubbish, Valencia has arguably been their best player oO)

also how the **** hasnt malouda been included his been the best winger in the prem this season

What? Are you serious? Earlier this season Chelsea fans were calling him the worst player ever. He's been on form the past few months that's all..

And how classier can you get than Rooney, Cesc, Drogba and Tevez ? No Liverpool players thats for sure.

no surprise there. chuffed for Jimmy Milner, even if he is too old in my view to be shortlisted...

no way have Fletcher and Valencia played better than Lampard and Malouda though.

no surprise there. chuffed for Jimmy Milner, even if he is too old in my view to be shortlisted...

no way have Fletcher and Valencia played better than Lampard and Malouda though.
lampard should have been there, but valencia over malouda is right, valencia has been on form all season, malouda only hit form in the last couple of months,

Back