Rossoneri - The Return of Franco Baresi

Juventus 0 vs. AC Milan 1
18.4.2010 - Serie A, Round 34

Massimo Ambrosini (sent off 31)
Gennaro Gattuso (35)

This was a really important victory when Inter were in hot pursuit of us. Although Inter won their battle, I could now look forward to some easier matches.

Inter 1 vs. AC Milan 1
21.4.2010 - Champions League, Semifinal leg 1

Diego Milito (pen58) Alessandro Nesta (sent off 41)
Andrea Pirlo (pen91)

A match against our arch rivals in the Champions League was in many ways a very important battle. The away match should be played without having scored many goals against us and maybe we could score a single away goal. Both things successfully, and I was very happy with the match

AC Milan 1 vs. Udinese 0
24.4.2010 - Serie A, Round 35

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (13)

AC Milan 1 vs. Inter 0

pato166963.jpg

Pato (66) Sulley Muntari (Sent off 63)
Christian Chivu (Sent off 68)

After a fortunate goal, two red cards against Inter and some shots at the post, we could finally be sure that we had reached the final. The enthusiasm was indescribable, and for the first time we had beaten our rivals in this season, but also reached the final.

We are still in first place in the league two points ahead of Inter, and with three matches left we have a good opportunity to keep our rivals behind us.
May update coming soon ...

Brilliant mate, You got to the Final after I said you could and who else but Pato to get you their, Will be a amazing double if you can pull it of

May​

Chievo 0 vs. AC Milan 2
2.5.2010 - Serie A, Round 36

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (84)
Pato (90+1)

AC Milan 5 vs. Siena 0
9.5.2010 - Serie A, Round 37

1gilardinoacmilan.jpg

Alessandro Nesta (30)
Ronaldinho (40)
Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (55, 79)
Andrea Pirlo (75)

After the great victory over Siena, we were one step closer to the title, but Inter had also won all their matches. Therefore, we could look forward to an away match against Palermo, that we had to win if we should be safe of winning the title.

Palermo 0 vs. AC Milan 2
16.5.2010 - Serie A, Round 38

acsienavacmilanserieasw.jpg

Flavio Roma (own goal 9)
Andrea Pirlo (pen 45+2)

And it's a reality. AC Milan win Serie A, after a confident victory away against Palermo. Although the rivals Inter also won their last match, we had secured the victory, and we could lift the trophy.

Chelsea 0 vs. AC Milan 1
22.5.2010 - Champions League, Final

ronaldhinnowideweb470x3.jpg

Ronaldinho (36)
Michael Essien (sent off 59)

1milanwin2wideweb470x33.jpg

WHAT A VICTORY! We outplayed a weak Chelsea, who did not show their full potential. It utilized an accomplished Ronaldinho who secured us the victory with a spectacular goal.

End of season update coming soon, included screenshots etc...

Incredible achievement in the first season.

Looking forward to seeing your transfers etc for the next season :)

End of season
2009-2010

Season Overview

Serie A

After a long fight against our rivals Inter, we won Serie A. The last match agianst Palermo was the decisive match, and with the 2-0 win, we secured the title. Klaas-Jan Huntelaar and Pato were with their many goals, instrumental in that we secured the trophy and beat our arch-rivals who else had sided in the lead Serie A for many years.

View attachment 77052 View attachment 77053

Italien Cup

We had no major target to win this tournament because we was more concentrated on the league and Champions League, but still it was a bit disappointing effort when we went out in the second match. The disappointment wasn't smaller, as the defeat was against Inter who went all the way and won the trophy.

View attachment 77054

Champions League

What a tournament. I saw the group as an easy task, but it was much harder than I had expected. Marseille, Standard Liege and CSKA Moscow was all smaller team then us. But while it looked like easy opponents we lost two, played a draw and won two. But 7 points was enough, and we won the group.
Then it went very good and we beat both Shahktar, Real Madrid and Inter before we should face Chelsea in the final. And in the final, we with a little luck beated Chelsea, and could then lift the trophy and call ourselves "The World's Best club team."

View attachment 77055 View attachment 77056

Tactic, Team and Transfers

Tactic

Throughout the season, I have tried to create the perfect 4-1-2-1-2 tactic to this AC Milan team. Therefore I have adjusted the tactic and team options several times during the season to match the club's players best abilities.
Although its a very narrow tactic, i still want to play creative, and that have succeeded quite well. Ronaldinho, Salihovic and Pirlo has been responsible for most of the creative football on the team and their performances have been fine. In addition, my wingbacks, Kolarov, Zambrotta and Mongongu are a huge part of my tactic. They must participate a lot in the offensive, and to create some chances with crosses and passes towards the middle.
Of cause my biggest star has been Pato, who scored an incredible amount of goals in the first half of the season, and reached number one on the top scorer list in Serie A sometime in november. Throughout the season I have used him as a poacher on the right side of my attack, and mostly Klaas-Jan Huntelaar on his left as Advanced Forward. This attack couple has worked really well, and as it looks now, I have no intention to replace them next season.

View attachment 77057 View attachment 77058

Player performences

My biggest stars has this season been Pato, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, Pirlo, Kolarov and Thiago Silva. Generally I do not think there have been some big disappointments, and the entire team keeped fit throughout the year. I have been very aware that all players should have playing time, and therefore I have rotated much in starting line-up, but when the big games should be played, there was always the same starting 11th on the pitch.

View attachment 77038 View attachment 77039 View attachment 77042 View attachment 77046 View attachment 77049

Transfers

At the beginning of the season I bought some players who would lift the level up, on a older team. Especially Kolarov and Salihovic should play a central role on the team, and they have done excellently. At the bottom I have posted screenshots of the rest of my transfers.

View attachment 77059

Pre-season 2010-2011 coming soon...

Pre-Season
2010-2011

After a terrific season, we should now look forward and try to keep the team's incredible performances. Of course we should be aware that we do not get hit by a "second season crisis" that you see in real football, but also in football manager, if you already had won a lot. It was therefore very important that we brought in some new players, which has blood on the tooth and motivated to win even more.
Our season expectations had not fallen, after this good season, so the pressure has also rose a bit, as both supporters and board preference the team too repeat their success. Besides the high expectations the board has also made available a lot of transfer money.

View attachment 77438 View attachment 77439

With these many transfer money, there was indeed in the air for a major change in this older team. And I also had in mind. Players like Zambrotta, Nesta and Ambrosini were all over 32 years old, and therefore losing their particular physical abilities. But the biggest weakness on the team throughout last season was however Abbiati. He should be replaced, and preferably by a truly world-class goalkeeper.

Nelson Rivas - Free Transfer

The first player i managed to bring in, was the strong and fast central defender Nelson Rivas on free transfer. He is going to play a role as a reserve who can step in if there are injuries.

1rivas.jpg

View attachment 77430

Rene Adler - £21.5M

After the good defending signing, i was looking out for a goalkeeper, who could replace Abbiati. Akinfeev, Hugo Lloris, Manuel Neuer and Ochoa was all players i was scouting, non off them were really interesting. Therefore i tried to secure Rene Adler, and after some negotiation I managed to buy him a larger sum of £ 21.5M.

1renealder.jpg

View attachment 77429

Andrea Poli - £9M

An expensive trade, but I really see potential in this kid. He looks a lot like our current deep lying playmaker Andrea Pirlo, and he is bought to take the burden from the old Italian in a few years.

1poli.jpg

View attachment 77435

Mesut Özil - £21M

This is a signing i've dreamed about since i started this story. His an incredible playmaker, and brought in to compete with ronaldinho to play in the offensive midfield position.

1mesutozil.jpg

View attachment 77433

Holger Badstuber - £21M

The only thing I was missing to make this squad complete, was a player who could play both back, central defender and defensive midfielder. After some searching I found the perfect player. Holger Badstuber have besides the ability to play many positions, an incredible potential and extremely good states, which fit perfectly into the squad. That is why I bought this player for maybe a little too high price, but this kid is perfect.

1badstuber4569988.jpg

View attachment 77434

Transfer Overview:

View attachment 77436 View attachment 77437

August update coming soon, with pre-season matches, tactic analysis and some more cup victories...

August

AC Milan 1 vs. Inter 0
7.8.2010 - Super Cup, Final

11gatusso.jpg

Gattuso (10)
Esteban Cambiasso (sent off 79)

View attachment 77711

AC Milan 1 vs. Lazio 0
21.8.2010 - Serie A, Round 1

Pato (28)
Holger Badstuber (sent off 39)

View attachment 77712

Champions League group:

Champions League group game is drawn, and I've ended up in an easy group. But as we also saw in my last season you shall never underestimate your opponents

View attachment 77718 View attachment 77715

AC Milan 3 vs. Ajax 1
27.8.2010 - Euro Super Cup, Final

11huntelaar.jpg

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (5, 42)
Rene Adler (own goal 15)
Pato (17)

View attachment 77710

AC Milan 1 vs. Udinese 1
30.8.2010 - Serie A, Round 2

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (13)
Antonio Di Natale (44)

View attachment 77713

Serie A:

View attachment 77716 View attachment 77717

Team Performences and fixtures overview:

View attachment 77714 View attachment 77719

September update coming soon...

nice updates mate!

great buy in mesut ozil :wub:

Thanks mate. Yes, so far his been brilliant, hopefully he can maintain that form.

Great work mate, and very good transfers;)
btw, weren't supporters disappointed with the Nesta selling?

Great work mate, and very good transfers;)
btw, weren't supporters disappointed with the Nesta selling?

Thanks mate.
no, actually not. I had otherwise expected that I would be severely criticized, but there has been nothing from the fans :)

Great story, and actually a really good price for Poli who is a great player. Italian football is always fun, and there is a lot of money to be made through TV revenue etc.

Great story, and actually a really good price for Poli who is a great player. Italian football is always fun, and there is a lot of money to be made through TV revenue etc.

Yeah, so far his been a good reserve for my main playmaker Pirlo, so looking like a great signing.
I was really surprised how many TV money and transfer money flying around in Italy. ^^)

September​

Genoa 1 vs. AC Milan 3
12.9.2010 - Serie A, Round 3

Rodrigo Palacios (5)
Ronaldinho (26, 31, 73)
Housinne Karja (sent off 29)

View attachment 77923

Porto 0 vs. AC Milan 1
15.9.2010 - Champions League, Group Stage Round 1

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (76)

View attachment 77925

Fiorentina 2 vs. AC Milan 0