I try to run an "A" team and a "B" team and typically use my A team for big games and deep cup runs. The B team I use against weaker sides and for the cups/after i've qualified in group stages.

The B side I try to do a good mix of promising youth who are ready to get some time and my standard subs from the A team. I keep a strong bench with my B side in case things go awry. I also always train my full backs to play both sides and have at least one guy who can play CB/DM/MC.

It's helped save me some from the players complaining about not playing. Also helps me develop guys to graduate to the A team.

It did work, the date you get after holidaying remains the same when you catch it up in your save! HAPPY DAYS

Hey man. What you did sounds very helpful but hiwhow the **** can you find out the regen dates for each country?

Hey man. What you did sounds very helpful but hiwhow the **** can you find out the regen dates for each country?

So, basically if you save the game. Then save the game again under a different file name "regen dates". Then youll want to resign as manager and holiday until say, 1st May.

.....Resigning as manager will simulate the days faster as your games will not be played.

In the top right of your game is a little world symbol, click that and then in the dropdown click ' transfers '.

Change "all transfers" to "youth intake"

From here you can then scroll back through all the months and it shows all the regens produced. This can get a little crowded with all the other smaller countries being shown too.

Although it is a little more time consuming, it only took me 15mins or so. On the right you can filter down to which country you want. Once youve done this, just scroll through the months to find the date :)

And so on and so on for any other country you want.

I just jotted on a bit of paper all my countries i wanted, then left columns with each season.

*fingers crossed* These dates will stay the same all the time each year. So i have them for future reference now.

Hope this makes sense??

COUNTRY - SEASON 1 - SEASON 2

ARGENTINA - NONE - 29 AUG
BELGIUM - 14 MAR - 4 MAR
BRAZIL - NONE - 11 SEPT
CHILE - 9 MAR - 29 FEB
CHINA - NONE - 8 OCT
COLUMBIA - 15 JAN - 4 JAN
CROATIA - 8 MAR - 4 MAR
DENMARK - 13 MAR - 10 MAR
ENGLAND - 5 MAR - 6 MAR
FRANCE - 1 MAR - 2 MAR
GERMANY - 1 MAR - 24 FEB
HOLLAND - 16 MAR - 16 MAR
ITALY - 17 MAR - 17 MAR
MEXICO - 15 FEB - 26 FEB
POLAND - 24 FEB - 2 MAR
PORTUGAL - 10 MAR - 11 MAR
RUSSIA - 14 FEB - 20 FEB
SPAIN - 20 MAR - 15 MAR
SWEDEN - NONE - 22 AUG
USA - 27 DEC - 27 DEC
TURKEY - 7 MAR - 7 MAR
URUGUAY - 20 JAN - 15 JAN

i know its not straight, but thats what ive got after 2 seasons :)

If its the same for you then happy days!

Last edited:
So, basically if you save the game. Then save the game again under a different file name "regen dates". Then youll want to resign as manager and holiday until say, 1st May.

.....Resigning as manager will simulate the days faster as your games will not be played.

In the top right of your game is a little world symbol, click that and then in the dropdown click ' transfers '.

Change "all transfers" to "youth intake"

From here you can then scroll back through all the months and it shows all the regens produced. This can get a little crowded with all the other smaller countries being shown too.

Although it is a little more time consuming, it only took me 15mins or so. On the right you can filter down to which country you want. Once youve done this, just scroll through the months to find the date :)

And so on and so on for any other country you want.

I just jotted on a bit of paper all my countries i wanted, then left columns with each season.

*fingers crossed* These dates will stay the same all the time each year. So i have them for future reference now.

Hope this makes sense??
This is BRILIANT!! Thank you man!
could you please tell me how do you find the regens that you want to sign? you just go to that "world youth intake" as you said and browse one by one??

This is BRILIANT!! Thank you man!
could you please tell me how do you find the regens that you want to sign? you just go to that "world youth intake" as you said and browse one by one??

Another little trick i did was, create shortlists for each country.

So, when you find spain regens, highlight them all and send to spain regen shortlist.

This way, in the shortlist you can see whos the most expensive, who isnt a realistic target, and you can then also narrow down the search through attributes as you would do normally when searching for a player :)

So, when you find spain regens, highlight them all and send to spain regen shortlist.

This way, in the shortlist you can see whos the most expensive, who isnt a realistic target, and you can then also narrow down the search through attributes as you would do normally when searching for a player :)

On top of this, you could also then holiday 4 years down the line and see which players have progressed the most. But i dont have time for that aswell haha

I like to have a pretty big squad as well

The trick is for each game, i start an entirely different XI

For huge game, i start my strongest XI

For Smaller game, i Start a weaker XI...

I just constantly rotate game after game...

You will still get injuries and it makes it easier..(Unless its and injury to a key player)

I agree with most of this

If you have 2 good goalies I tend to give them a three game run in the team as their match fitness lasts a load longer than out field players..

I would replace the words Strongest / weakest with older / younger. And huge /small with away and home . Sooooo..,,

For away game, i start my older XI. Try and have some experience on the bench also rather than just youth

For home game, i Start a younger XI.. Only exception being big games against top sides and Euro cup away seems to allow your youth team to play well in group matches. Perhaps it the attacking football being played.

Thanks alot man! really helped! sadly, my dates are diffrent. Are the dates the same for you every season?

Thanks alot man! really helped! sadly, my dates are diffrent. Are the dates the same for you every season?

Dates other than the first season are randomized, probably at the start of each season. But you can be assured it's in the same month iirc.
If anything, March is the month when you want to check every day for regens.

That squad is too big for my personal taste. I like a smaller squad made up of versatile players, with some promising youngsters either in the u21's or on loan (but recallable) to cover injuries.

Centre backs who can also play either DM/CM or in a full back position are useful, as are full backs who can play either side.

Centre forwards who can be used on the wing or AMC/CM are equally handy, helps to cover all the positions without the need for extra/unnecessary players in the squad.

Of course the golden ticket is the Billy Jones of FM 2006-2009 (rough guesses) type player, who is accomplished in basically every position on the pitch. Not sure if he still is on the later games but back then he was deemed a very promising player so had quite a high PA, not so much now.

Paul Warhurst was the same in the second ever championship manager, D M F/R L C, ultra versatile

Luis Enrique was like that too, and a swede aswell, was it Aleksandersson?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

The dates are randomized each season.
ive got a feeling they will be different in every different save.
BUT, say if you start up a game, holiday so many seasons in, get the dates down. Then they will be the same when you go back to the beginning of that save if that makes sense.

that theory worked in the second season of my arsenal save!

I don't like to cheat. So I just scout constantly as the season progresses if I have nothing better to do. LOL. I captured a super-5 star age 15 regen. But I had to pay expensively to buy him -- 22.5m. But I feel it's more realistic to pay a lot for a future superstar player. I just trust my scouting and scout often. Now as for rotation. It's great to have versatile players. I love players who are natural at 2 positions or are at least accomplished at 2-3 additional positions to their first one. More rare are the switch players who are accomplished at playing both sides. IE AMR/L or DCR/L. The DC/DM/MC is very useful as well, the main example of this I can think of is Phil Jones. He is well worth his 20m pound asking price for versatility alone. As an added bonus he can be a star center back for you in the premier league! Extra bonus - he's a homegrown English player!