Roving Up The Premier League - Taking Blackburn Back To 1995

Congrats buddy! I noticed that you have Basturk and Salgado in your squad. Don't they eat a chunk of your wage budget?

Combined they eat up around 55k per week. Both played a bit this season, however I will possibly be looking to offload both this summer to open up some wages. I did however manage to stay around 50k under my wage budget the entire season.

In other news, Man City won the FA cup, Chelsea beat Liverpool in the Champions League final. Juventus won Serie A, Real Madrid took La Liga, Bayern won the Bundisliga, Bordeaux won Ligue 1, Benfica took out Liga Sagres and Ajax won the Eredivisie.

Very nice 6th placed finish there. On my Tottenham game im on the original patch but ill tell you anyway ... In the 2nd season january window i picked up Sebastian Prodl for £1.5m, I highly reccommend him, he is solid at the back for me. picked up 5 clean sheets in his first 7 matches.

Looking good so far, ill be following on for your next season, good luck!

BBSea2Exp.jpg

Blackburn are on the cheap, not a lot of money to do anything with. None of my targets are attainable now, I will look to pick up Inzaghi on a free, but that is about all I can do...

BB09-10Seasonsummary.jpg

Season summary of 2009/10. James Rodrigues was named the 2nd best signing of the season, and Chelsea splashed their cash in all the wrong places.

---------- Post added at 04:29 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:37 PM ----------

PRESEASON/TRANSFERS

This season saw a shortened preseason for Rovers as they were going to be in the 3rd round qualifying for the Europa Cup. Just 4 games were plays.

A 2-1 loss to Club Brugge stung, but Wins over Brno, Dundee and Cercle Brugge set the team up nicely for the first left of the 3rd round of qualfying.

They had drawn Bosnian team, FK Zeljeznicar Sarajevo. The first left at Ewood Park was a romp for the team and easy 5-0 in front of 16,000 fans, two new signings found their name on the scoresheet, Rafa van der Vaart and Rivaldo.

The transfer window was a quiet one for Rovers, pushing in the Free Tansfer Market to find some steals. They also saw Van Der Vaart on the transfer list, so they mortgaged their future to bid 0 pounds up from with 48 monthly payments for 6.25M pound and Real Madrid accepted the offer. Other pickups included Rivaldo, the aging Brazilian Superstar still has it, a one year deal to play in the EPL was enough to entice him to another year of football. He can play up front or as an attacking midifelder. Will come off the bench almost exclusively. Filipo Inzaghi was also added to the team, aging striker provides a veteran head who is still capable of putting the ball in the old onion bag. Will help spell Kalinic who has improved. Jimmy Briand is the final signing, the French striker has oodles of talent and accepted the Rovers offer to come in as a backup player. He will sit on the bench, play lower cup games and develop. At just 24 with 3 French caps he could be a steal for Rovers.

On the other side Basturk and Salgado both said goodbye, Basturk back to Germany and Salgado to newly promoted Sheffield United. A few reserves players also made their way out of the club, to help balance the books a little.

BB2010-11transfers.jpg

---------- Post added at 04:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 AM ----------

How annoying, I register players for EPL and Europe and all of a sudden the board finds another 9.5 million pounds to add to my transfer kitty....

And Rovers may have a new record transfer out...Martin Olsson...15M pounds to Manchester United.

---------- Post added at 05:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 AM ----------

Olsson.jpg

Former Blackburn Left Back Martin Olsson. He was sold to Manchester United for a cool 15M pounds. A likely replacement seems to be Brazilian youngster Diego Renan.

---------- Post added at 05:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 AM ----------

Blackburn have drawn Danish side FC Nordsjaelland in the 4th round Qualifier for the Europa Cup...They travel to Denmark for the 1st leg.

Renan.jpg

New Rovers player. Diego Renan. 7.5M pound up front with 5M pound over 48 months. The profits from the Olsson sale were able to fund this transfer and one more that Rovers are making....

Last edited:
Amazing Story Mate, good to see rovers doing well. lol
Shoulda kept hold of hoillett, hes a wonderkid on myn

Amazing Story Mate, good to see rovers doing well. lol
Shoulda kept hold of hoillett, hes a wonderkid on myn

He is on mine too, but he decided the contract off from AC Milan was more enticing...

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 AM ----------

AUGUST

A disappointing month in the league for Rovers to start the 2nd season of the Hodder regime 3 matches in the league and just 1 point.

A win to start the season is what Rovers were expecting, but a resilient Wolves side were able to take the lead and then hold out for a draw at Ewood Park. Rafa van der Vaart scored the goal for Rovers on his EPL debut. A disappointing result for a team who are looking to push on with aspirations of Champions League Football.

MOM - Gael Givet, 7.3

The squad then had to jump on a plane to Denmark for the 1st leg of their qualifying tie. In a back and forth game with Rovers going out in all out attack looking for a good win an a few away goals they got the win and some away goals, but also leaked a couple at the back. Kalinic, Samba and N'Zonzi netted for the visitors in the 3-2 win, the next leg at Ewood Park will decide which of the two teams makes their way into the group stages.

MOM - Christopher Samba, 8.2, 1 goal

A tough early schedule had Rovers making their way back from Denmark and back to Ewood Park to face defending Champions Chelsea just 3 days later. Rovers looked good in the first half, but were unable to convert their chances, then two quick goals from Chelsea just after the hour put the game to bed. A 2-0 win for the visitors and a tough loss for Rovers.

MOM - Yury Zhirkov - 8.1
Rovers Best - Rafa van der Vaart/Christopher Samba/Nicolas Burdisso, 6.9

Again another three day turnaround and the 2nd qualifying leg was here. Rovers came out looking to sit on the lead and maybe ****** a goal, they got their goal a first for new Rovers man Filipo Inzaghi, and that is how the game finished, 1-0 and Rovers await the group stage draw.

MOM - Diego Renan 7.9

The final game of August for Rovers was a trip to Goodison Park, hopeful for at least a point and maybe ****** 3, the game never arrived for Rovers. A 7th minute goal from Distan gave Everton the lead, and a goal just before the half knocked the stuffing out of Rovers...Tim Cahill added a 3rd just after the break before making it 4-0 in the 69th. James Rodriguez stole a consolation in the 72nd minute, but a poor game from Rovers and the gaffer will not be happy.

MOM - Tim Cahill, 8.8, 2 goals
Rovers Best - James Rodriguez, 7.1, 1 goals/Nikola Kalinic, 7.1

BBAugTab10-11.jpg

Rovers also added the steal of the transfer window to their team. They picked up another midifelder, this time Montenegrin Simon Vukcevie from Sporting CP for a paltry 3.3M pounds. If he performs he could be a huge asset to the Rovers team.

Vukcevic.jpg

BBAugResu10-11.jpg

Rovers will be wanting to change their fortunes in the coming months and push their way up the table into the European spots they are expected to be filling.

Manchester United were the first, then Blackburn, followed by Arsenal and Chelsea.